Categories > Original > Horror

The Curse

by Erotic-Vixen 0 reviews

What was supposed to be a harmless wedding night prank, turns out to wake up a evil.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror - Published: 2009-08-09 - Updated: 2009-08-09 - 803 words

0Unrated
Ava Bridgets, a young woman, splashed some cold water onto her face, looking into the mirror, she grabbed her eyeliner pen. She placed another ring of the black ink around her eyes. Tonight was special, once in a life time, special. It was her honeymoon. Her new spouse was taking her out to dinner at a fancy Italian resteraunt. She smiled as she put on her diamond earrings. She was young, twenty-one years of age. She heard Hank, her husband, open and close the motel door’s lock. She rolled her eyes and stepped from the bathroom.

“Hanky, why don’t you go down to the car and throw on the AC?” said Ava. Living in Southern California, even the fall nights would retain some of the day’s heat.

Hank nodded a bored nod and headed out the door. “Women, they always take so long in the bathroom.”

She rolled her eyes and sat on the edge of the magic vibrations, king sized bed. She grabbed her heels from underneath the bed and began to strap them on to her pale leg. She stood up and grabbed her brown purse from the bed. She sighed as she pulled her aqua blue dress down. Before she could walk towards the door, a hand grabbed her ankle from under the bed.

She screamed as she fell to the floor. She felt the hand climbed up and up her calf. She began to cry and scream when she heard the faint sound of a man laughing. Her head whipped around and peered under the bed. She saw the faint body of her friend, Mickey, grabbing at her ankle. She let out an angry sigh and slapped Mickey’s hand off of her ankle. She watched, fire burning in her eyes, as Mickey’s hand retreated back into the darkness.

She stood up and went towards the source of the laughing man. She opened up the white, shuttered closest doors and saw her sister, Olivia, Mickey’s cousin, Marilyn and Mickey’s boyfriend, Chris. She heard Mickey laughing along with her boyfriend and Olivia. Hank came back in, laughing. “You guys are assholes!” she cried.

“Yeah, I like totally agree with Ava,” huffed Marilyn, slapping her hands on her hips.

“That was genius, Hun,” laughed Chris, removing his glasses to wipe a tear away from his brown eyes.

Mickey bowed as she walked over to the group of people. “Thank you, thank you.”

Ava punched Mickey in the arm. “You’re going to give me a heart attack one of these days!”

Mickey doubled over laughing along with Olivia, Hank and Chris. Hank stopped laughing and pulled Ava close to him. “Come on baby, it was a joke,” said Hank.

Ava looked away, embarrassed. “I’m leaving!”

“It’s a joke, Ava,” said Olivia as she watched her sister break free from Hank’s embrace and stomp off towards the door. Ava threw open the door and screamed yet again. Out in the outdoor hallway stood Alan, Michael and Amanda. Friends of the pranksters stood there, cameras and video cameras in hand. Huge smiles covered all their faces.

Ava screamed, “You guys are serious assholes!”

She stomped back into the room. “Ah, come on, Ava!” laughed Michael. “Can’t you take a joke?”

Ava huffed as she sat down on the bed. Hank lowered his shoulders and sighed. Ava screamed again. Mickey dropped her head. “Ava, please, don’t try to get back at us.”

Ava continued to scream though. “Ava, stop it!” cried Hank.

Mickey sighed angerly. Didn’t Ava know this wouldn’t work? Mickey punched her fists to her own hips and looked down upon Ava. “Ava shut--” Her blue eyes fell to Ava’s ankle, this time it was Mickey’s turn to scream. A pale white hand had the death grip around Ava’s slender ankle.

Mickey lurched across Ava’s lap and tore the phone book from the nightstand. The rest became worried of Mickey’s sudden actions and bent around to see what was happening to have them both in such a fright. The hand had now grown to two hands, one on each ankle, trying to yank Ava under the bed. Mickey fell to her knees and began to smack the hands. A hiss came from underneath the bed, but the hands pulled away.

Ava practically jumped to Hank’s side, hugging his waist and burying her head in his chest. “What the hell was that thing, Hewitt?”

“If this were a horror film, I would say a ghost,” said Mickey.

“Ghosts can happen in real life!” screamed Ava not letting go of Hank.

“But that was too horror film what just happened!” said Mickey.

Chris began to back up towards the door, “I think we should leave.”
Sign up to rate and review this story