Categories > Original > Horror

Calico Massacre

by Erotic-Vixen 0 reviews

What was supposed to be a romantic trip to the ghost town of Calico, turns out to be mutated blood bath.

Category: Horror - Rating: G - Genres: Horror - Published: 2009-08-09 - Updated: 2009-08-09 - 683 words

0Unrated
The Californian desert was hot and dry that summer, like all the summers before and the summers to come. The little town of Yermo baked in the golden sun’s rays. High on the hills of Yermo sat the small mining town of Calico. A truck bowled down the highway and got off at Yermo. The passenger of the car, the only known fan of this mostly abandoned town, pressed her hands and face to the window. She hoped that her boyfriend, the driver, would take a right and go towards her first abandoned building. Her boyfriend could sense this on her. “We’ll go to Yellow after Calico.”

She had named her first abandoned building after it’s color: yellow. Now since painted gray, she always enjoyed going into the building over and over again. Yellow gave her, her hobby of exploring abandoned buildings, allowing her to become a hunter of abandoned buildings. She loved the rush and the feeling it gave her. And the souvenirs were always free, which is always a bonus. She sighed as he turned left. “Hun, Yellow will be there after Calico. He wasn’t red tagged.”

“But he might feel abandoned,” pouted the passenger. “I mean, he was already abandoned once.”

Chris, the driver, rolled his eyes and place his hand on Mickey’s tight covered thigh, “You do realize Yellow is just a building right?”

“Yes, I do,” nodded the passenger. “But we have bonded. I mean, how many buildings have given me their chimneys?”

Chris sighed, “Furthermore,” said Chris trying to reassure his girlfriend, Mickey. “Calico closes, Yellow doesn’t.”

“I thought Yellow became dangerous at night?” sneered Mickey with a smirk on her face.

Chris bit his lip. She got him there. Abandoned buildings were always more dangerous at night. He sighed. “We’ll leave Calico early.”

“I would love to explore Yellow at night though,” smiled Mickey.

“No,” said Chris.

“What about Yellow’s neighbor, Humble?”

“No.”

“Diner? Pink? KOA?”

“No, no and no,” said Chris watching Mickey’s shoulders fall.

Mickey shook her head, her black hair staying in place from the thick yellow gel she had put in it a few hours ago. She messed with the radio and on came a Taylor Swift tune. Chris was amazed as he watched his girlfriend bop her head to the fast, country tune. She had actually found a station out in Yermo that had no static. They drove up into the Yermo Mountains, passing by a few lone trailers standing alone in the vast desert mountains. Some of which had burned down from fires in the past.

They pulled up to a dusty parking lot after paying admission to this dried up mining town. The doors opened on the truck after Chris had parked it on the cliff’s edge. The cool air from the car quickly disappeared into the afternoon desert heat. Chris and Mickey already found themselves sweating. Mickey began to fan herself with her small hand. “Romantic getaway gone wrong?”

Chris and Mickey spun around to see their friends, Alan and Michael leaning against their van. Alan stood their sipping his orange soda and Michael was rubbing his chin, studying the lovers. “What are you two doing here?” asked Mickey?

“We can’t enjoy a nice, summers day in a shit-hole of a town?” asked Alan.

Mickey narrowed her blue eyes, “you knew we were coming here.”

“To be honest,” admitted Michael. “We came here to ruin this romantic day but to be perfectly honest, we didn’t think you’d come, we thought you two would make love in Yellow.”

“Then why not wait at Yellow?” asked Mickey.

“We have no idea how to get to Yellow,” said Alan.

“Here, we get to watch women try on corsets,” nodded Michael taking out a small, sleek pair of binoculars from his pants pocket.

Mickey hung her head as she pinched the bridge of nose. She began to walk off in the direction of the mining town. Chris hurried after his girl and the two men hurried after their friend.
Sign up to rate and review this story