Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > This Aint A Fairytale, Honey

I Think...

by sweet-tart 8 reviews

Rose returns home after her talk with Gerard. Confession.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-08-11 - Updated: 2009-08-12 - 1008 words

2Exciting
Rose pushed her way through the underprush and trees, holding her bag of belongings tightly to her chest as she headed for her hometown. Coming upon the dimly lit location, she willed herself to run for it; Forcing her legs to move as fast as they could despite the flaming feeling in the back of her calfs. She needed to get away and fast. She needed to know that what they had was real and that Gerard only asked her to leave because she was in danger.

He'd ask her back when it was safe.

He'd come to her side and wisk her away to the protection of his arms.

He'd get down on his knees and proclaim his love for her before taking her back to the mansion where they'd be together forever.

But, deep down, she knew all these theories were farce. He will never come back. He will never hold her again. And, he will never proclaim his love for her... Because they have nothing. It was all just a game to him and she gave him his best played game, yet. She was a trophy that he never wanted to accept. He just casted her off to the side when they got too close for comfort. It all meant nothing to him.
Rose struggled to catch her breath as she stumbled through town and into her own yard. The light in her father's bedroom cast a beam of light across the darkened yard and gave her some sight on her way to the steps. She hurled the door open and ran downt he hall, throwing her father's bedroom door open and dropping her bag on the floor in the doorway.

"R-Rose?" He stuttered, seeing his unharmed daughter in front of him. "Is it really you?"

"Papa... " She sobbed. She crossed the room and fell into his arms, holding on tightly.She tried hard to silence her wandering mind and focus on the sweet reunion with her father. "I've missed you so much."

"Oh, Rose. My sweet, Rose."

"Papa, are you alright? Did you make it home okay?"

"Me?" He asked, shaking his head. "Why would you ask about that? I'm fine. It's you I'm worried about. Are you feeling well? You're not hurt, are you?"

"Hurt?"

"Those monsters didn't harm you, did they?"

"Monsters?" Rose whispered. "Papa, I think you have this all wrong--"

"No." He grumbled. "Monsters. They kidnapped you, darling. They could have done unspeakable things to you."

"But, they didn't."

"Rose--"

"Gerard is the most kindest person I've ever come in contact with."

"Gerard?" He arched an eyebrow, narrowing his eyes. "Who's Gerard, Rose?"

"Gerard is... Gerard is my... " She closed her eyes, reaching into her satchel. She managed to nab a few small keepsakes besides the mirror before she left. Pulling out a tiny framed picture, she handed it over. "That's Gerard, Papa."

"Y-You have this? In this house?!" He yelled, throwing the picture on the floor. "Why? Why would you bring that home, Rose? He was one of them!"

"I know, Papa. But--"

"No! Save your explanations."

"I... I feel for him, Papa. I can't just ignore it."

"You feel for him?"

"Yes," She whispered. "And, I think, maybe, he feels for me, too."

"You think?" He sighed. He gripped his daughters shoulders and gave her a small shake. "Rose, what have you done? What happened while you were there?"

"I-I think," She couldn't drown out the heavy beating of her heart in her ears. The thought of ever saying what she was about to say never crossed her mind until now. She couldn't deny the feeling anymore. "I think, Papa... I fell in love."

"Love? You don't know what love is. You're 21, Rose."

"I'm old enough."

"No--"

"Yes, Papa." She interrupted. "I am. I'm in love with him."

He studied her face, searching for any sign of uncertainty. "You're hard-footed on this, aren't you?" Rose nodded, seating herself on his bed. He took a seat beside her and sighed, throwing his arm over her shoulder. "Dear, I don't want you to get too worked up over this. After all, you're here, now. And, he's there."

"I know, Papa."

"And, for all we know, he might not even miss you. Not to sound harsh, Rose."

"I understand." Rose nodded. "I never got to say goodbye to him, though."

"That's a good thing." He smiled. "Goodbye's are permanent. It means you'll never meet again. We never know when we'll get another goodbye, but we dread it, all the same."

"I don't understand, Papa."

"You'll meet again, Rose."

"Really? You promise?"

"Well," He laughed. "I can't promise you anything for him, Rose, but, I can tell you that I don't think it's over."

"So, you approve?"

"Of him?" He asked. Rose bit her bottom lip anxiously and she waited her father's answer. He sighed, shaking his head. "I can't say that I do, Rose. But, he's never severly harmed you or put your life in danger, and, from what I gather, has treated you fairly well if you say you love him. So, I don't mind him."

"Would you let me be with him?" She pleaded. "If I was given the chance?"

"Maybe, but--" He frowned, looking out his window. "What's all that?"

Out in the distance, beyond the field, an ominous glow spread out over the horizon. Torches lit the way for the townspeople who made their way to the small farm house. They had seen Rose run through earlier and came to investigate.

Something wasn't right.



A/N - Another update, as promised. I'm glad to hear you all enjoyed the last update. And to sickly_ill -- Yes, you are correct. Your smart brain has figured it out and is now up to speed. I don't have much to say this time, so I'll stop babbling. Thank you for reading and, please, don't forget to R&R for me. Thanks! xoxo - Esther Rose.

P.S. - Ignore all errors, please. I forgot to proof read, again. Thanks.
Sign up to rate and review this story