Categories > Books > Lord of the Rings > A tribute to obsession

A life so wild and free

by ann_arien 1 review

Feanaro takes his son to Orome's... forest. ;)

Category: Lord of the Rings - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Other - Published: 2006-04-09 - Updated: 2006-04-09 - 381 words

0Unrated

Joy and pride shined the Elf's eyes as he watched his son, a loving smile curving his lips. They had slowed their pace and dismounted, soon after entering the woods, and Feanaro guided both horses, while Tyelkormo studied the ancient trees intently, running his palms over their glowing bark, as he passed by.

"They are alive, Atar. I can feel life coursing through them like blood runs through our veins. And they speak to me, though I do not understand what they are saying." the golden Elf turned around to face his father, his blue eyes wide with wonder.

"I feel it to, my son. It is as if whispers pass through the branches, carried by the wind. Except that no breeze is rustling through the leaves. But I sense nothing unfriendly in the air. We need not worry and we should reach Orome's halls within the hour. Perhaps he will teach you how to understand the secret language of these ancient trees." Feanaro said, his smile growing at the anticipation he saw written on his young son's face.

"I can hardly wait! Thank you so much, Atar, for allowing me to live here. It should not be this way, but I am so drawn to exploring these woods, to knowing every creature, great and small... to roaming free and sleeping under the open sky." Tyelkormo replied, a wistful look passing over his exquisite features.

"It is not wrong, Turko. How can following your calling and using the gift that you have been blessed with be wrong? No, my son, it is very right and I am content to see you this happy. Just come back home, every now and then. Don't make us miss you too much." Feanaro said, his smile turning into a soft chuckle, when his young son closed the distance between them and wrapped his arms tightly around his neck.

"Of course I will come, Atar! I will miss you, Amil and my brothers very much. When I am at home again, you will be very proud to see how much I have learned." Tyelkormo spoke enthusiastically, his face buried in his father's travel tunic

"I am always proud of you, my little one." Feanaro answered softly, holding Tyelkormo close and gently stroking his soft, golden air.
Sign up to rate and review this story