Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Jamais Vu

Rooftops

by killxsmile 4 reviews

"Standing on the rooftops, everybody scream your heart out."

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-08-18 - Updated: 2009-08-18 - 899 words

2Original
THANK YOUS
danceislife: lol. Ficwad can be a meanie sometimes. -coughRATINGSPOINTSFAILcough-
I've had a MAJOR crush on John Cusack ever since I saw him in Grosse Pointe Blank.

Psassy2: Sweet! A new reviewer that likes Say Anything ;)

doyleangel: Yep. She likes him and they're going to prom together ;)
You must rewatch the movie and check out the band. Both are SPECTACULAR.


STORY BELOW

“So I was thinking that our second date has been long overdue,” Jack said, slipping his hand into mine as we walked down the hallway.

Although it had been a week since our first kiss, I still found holding hands slightly awkward. Don’t get me wrong, I really like Jack, but corny stuff like that took some getting used to.

“Oh really? I didn’t know that we had a first date.”

“Breakfast after Justine’s party, remember?”

“Dude, that was not a date,” I chuckled.

“Psh. That was so a date. We went out in public and ate together.”

“Then with your reasoning, MJ and I have been dating for the past decade.”

“Well whatever, I want to take you out on a proper date then.”

“When and where would this take place?”

“Depends. Where have guys taken you before?”

Although Alex and I hadn’t gone anywhere notable other than the local theater and Baskin Robbins, the guys I’d dated during our broken up states had been much more creative.

“Well there’s AMC theater, Baskin Robbins, LaserQuest, Mont Clare Bowling, a Gym Class Heroes concert, the Farmer’s Market—”

“I’m not gonna remember everything, so make a list and give it to me at the end of the day.”

“Are you serious?”

“Yeah,” he said, nodding. “I want to do something special.”

“Alright.”

When we reached my math class, he spun me around and planted a kiss on my forehead.

“See you at lunch.”

“Okay,” I said, as a blush crept up my cheeks.

He flashed me a bright smile before catching up with Rian at the end of the hallway.

“You guys are so fucking cute,” MJ commented, following me inside the classroom.

Rolling my eyes, I took a seat toward the back of the room.

“I’m serious,” she said. “The last time I saw you this smiley was when Max Bemis hugged you at the Say Anything concert.”

The moment she was referring to was the highlight of my summer, so it was safe to assume that she saw through my nonchalance.

“I’m smiling because Jack’s a really funny guy,” I said, trying to save some face.

“Uh huh. Because kissing your forehead was just sooo hilarious.”

Damn. She got me there.

“What do you want me to say, MJ?”

“I just want you to admit that you like having a sweet boyfriend for once.”

“MJ, he’s not my boyfriend. Not yet, anyways,” I said. “He’s… Jack.”

“Soon enough he will be. I mean, he even proclaimed his love for you on your rooftop. And who called it? I called it,” she proudly said. “It’s like that one Lostprophets song. What was it called?”

“Rooftops?” I chuckled, laughing at the obvious.

“Yeah, that’s the one. “‘Standing on the rooftops, everybody scream you heart out,’” she sang. “It’s cute…”

I simply smiled as she went into OMG-you-and-Jack mode.

“By the way, you never explained what made you change your mind about him in the first place,” snapping out of her daze, she looked over at me.

“I thought you were pushing for him. Why are you all of a sudden questioning my decision?”

“I’m just wondering how he was able to sway a stubborn person such as yourself. I’ve been your best friend for years and it’s still really hard for me.”

“That’s what she said,” I commented.

MJ rolled her eyes, but laughed nonetheless.

“Hey, wait a sec. No trying to switch the subject,” she said realizing what I was trying to do.

“Well, I don’t know…” I responded, with a shrug. “I guess it’s because he’s as stubborn as I am. I mean, he put himself out on the line for 2 straight weeks, even though I turned him down left and right. I figured that he either had the memory span of a goldfish, or he really cared about me.”

“God, that’s cute.”

“Shut up,” I chuckled, punching her shoulder.

“Anyways, have you scheduled a first date yet?”

“Well according to him, we had our first date two weeks ago—that breakfast after Justine’s party—but he said that he wanted to take me out on a ‘proper’ date.”

“Details, girlie,” she said, poking my arm.

“I actually don’t have any. He said that he’d decide after I give him a list of all the places that guys have taken me before. Apparently he wants to do something special.”

“That is so fucking—”

“If you say ‘cute’—”

“But it was!”

“I told you not to say it!”

“I didn’t. You assumed what I was gonna say, and you were right,” she retorted.


+++++
Filler, I know.
But the next chapter is the actual date.
And it's going to be EPIC.

Please RATE & REVIEW if you want to read more.

Q&A #8: How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

I'm guessing 1,308.
Sign up to rate and review this story