Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu Yu Hakusho

Getting Away With Murder

by SereneShadow 0 reviews

Hiei and Kili get into the fight of a century, and Hiei makes a big mistake. Will he be caught? Is he sorry? Divergent from Third Eye Blind, and you don't have to read that to get this one. Songfic...

Category: Yu Yu Hakusho - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Hiei - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2009-08-27 - Updated: 2009-08-29 - 1733 words - Complete

0Unrated
Getting Away With Murder

"You shut the fuck up! You're nothing but a lazy, selfish, pathetic emo fuckhead! And you're never going to get over yourself or your stupid past, and I DON'T GIVE A—"

Kili's body fell to the carpet, her eyes fluttering open and closed, open and closed. Hiei's shaking hands dropped the dented wok onto the ground, where it landed with a brief thump. Kili groaned once, something incomprehensible, and then was silent. Hiei's eyes flickered over her body once, twice, and no more.

Her face was covered in blond hair which was strewn over the floor and mingled with red locks. The red parts were warm, wet, sticky. Blood, probably. It sort of surprised him to see that she had blood, in some way that he couldn't explain.

Somewhere beyond happiness and sadness
I need to calculate
What creates my own madness.
And I'm addicted to your punishments
And you're the master
And I am waiting for disaster.


Her body was thin, young, but cruel and harsh. Her arms were lying limply around her, her legs flat and motionless. The body was still warm, and he kept expecting her to jump up and try to strangle him. Of course she didn't, but the fear was in his eyes, staring down upon her invisible face.

Hidden behind her hair—what she loved more than she did him. Her vanity was clear to see even in this state, with her nails painted perfectly and her makeup (which he had memorized but technically couldn't see) flawless. Well, she'd called him the "e" word. NO ONE called him the "e" word. Ridiculous human standards by which to judge him...

So she deserved what she got, really. Her chest wasn't moving, the wok was sitting idly by, blaming him wholly for the deed, and he didn't much care. In fact, she was nicer this way. Hiei waited a few more seconds, and then allowed the full reality of his actions to come to a head.

I feel irrational
So confrontational
To tell the truth I am
Getting away with murder.
It isn't possible
To never tell the truth
But the reality is
I'm getting away with murder.


He'd killed a human. It wasn't his first, and probably not his last, but still, he'd killed. Koenma wouldn't take too kindly to this, especially since he and the rest of the Detectives thought Kili was a bucket of sunshine. Only Hiei knew better, and only he was able to rid them of her.

Only now they'd put him in prison unless he could pull this off. Immediately, a plan began to form in his mind. The details would be sticky, sure, but he could do it, he knew it. Hell, if he could slam a human girl upside the head with a wok, he could certainly do the things to keep it hidden.

Getting away
Getting away
Getting away
I drink my drink and I don't even want to
I think my thoughts when
I don't even need to.
I never look back
'Cause I don't even want to
And I don't need to
Because I'm getting away with murder.


First, Hiei grabbed one ankle with one hand, and the other with his other. He pulled Kili's body (so heavy, the body was so heavy for someone so light) into her bedroom.

He pulled her lifeless body onto the bed, smiling weakly at it as though he expected it to be moving, grinning or screaming at him. As he set her on the bed, her hair came away from her face, and it was revealed to him. Surprisingly, it was calm and peaceful, lovelier than he'd seen it in months. Her face was without wrinkles, without frown. Completely uninhibited.

I feel irrational
So confrontational
To tell the truth I am
Getting away with murder
It isn't possible
To never tell the truth
But the reality is
I'm getting away with murder.


Hiei pulled open Kili's dresser drawers until he found a pair of shorts and a wife-beater. Grinning madly, he pulled the t-shirt from Kili's body and threw it in the corner of the room. Then, he unbuttoned her jeans and unzipped them, pulling them off of her thin legs. Kili lay before him in her underwear, more naked than she had been in weeks. Months, maybe. Such a prude...

He left her underwear on, but unhooked her bra from behind and tossed it with the jeans and t-shirt. He pulled the wife-beater over her head after a glimpse at her breasts (they're boring, she's boring, that fool) and then pulled on the shorts. Then, he pushed her body (so heavy, why did she like chocolate so much?) fully onto the bed, laying her head roughly on her pillow. Any affection that he'd once had for her was gone the second that frying plan flew through the air, he guessed. Anger and depression he'd been fighting off was cured with that one clang.

Getting away, getting away
Getting away, getting away
Getting away, getting away
Getting away, getting away
Getting away with murder.


He pulled the sheet over her body, leaving her head uncovered, and put the dirty clothes in her hamper, making sure leave them on top. Next, he checked the clock. It was just past eight, which was actually the perfect time to do what he needed to. Hiei left the house, locking it and taking the phone off the hook on his way out. If Yusuke or Kuwabara came by, he would be screwed. If not, he'd be virtually saved. This was the most crucial part of his plan, and though everything had gone well so far, he wasn't taking risks.

Somewhere beyond happiness and sadness
I need to calculate
What creates my own madness.


Hiei's trip to the Demon World was quick. In and out, as they say. In to grab a demon and kill it, and back out. As soon as that was done, he brought the body to sit behind Kili's house, though he would certainly be moving it.

This probably wasn't necessary; he had an in, he was the grieving mate, and if he asked Koenma not to investigate her death, he'd probably have a good chance at it. However, he didn't want to bring suspicion to himself, and seeing as he was a fire demon...

The dead demon was hidden behind the house while Hiei made a quick trip to the local gas station. There, he purchased a box of matches, before dumping his equipment with the demons outside Kili's house. If someone checked, he would be in danger. If not, he was blessed.

And I'm addicted to your punishments
And you're the master
And I am craving this disaster.


"Kurama," Hiei said monotonously, as he walked up to his only friend (left alive; Kili was, but she's dead). Kurama was sitting on his back porch, alone, with a deck of cards. His mother was out, and no one was visiting him. This only slightly worried Hiei and he ignored it for the time being.

Kurama greeted him with a wave. "How are you?" He asked knowingly. Hiei shrugged.

"The woman is at home." His tone was perfect—so perfect!—that not even Kurama sensed anything unusual in it.

"What did you need?" Kurama asked, and Hiei shrugged again.

"Well, take a seat," Kurama offered, and the two of them played Gin Rummy for more than an hour. Hiei did not slip up once—never!—and Kurama had no suspicions. With a slight wave, Hiei admitted he needed to go "check on her" at quarter past nine. With a slight snicker because it was going so well he ran to Kili's house and began the night's work.

I feel irrational
So confrontational
To tell the truth I am
Getting away with murder
It isn't possible
To never tell the truth
But the reality is
I'm getting away with murder.


He began on Kili's body, which had grown cold since he had been gone. He parted her hair, exposing her face, and lit it on fire. The skin didn't take at first, but her hair did, going up in mere seconds, and smelling like shit. He stood from the doorway and shot a large fireball into the room, his aura willing it to attach to the walls and particularly the dirty clothes hamper and blood trail on the floor.

Next, he stood at the end of the hall and lit that portion of the blood trail on fire. The cheap carpet went up easily, and he could smell Kili's flesh burning.

Getting away
Getting away
Getting away.


He walked quickly to the front door and lit the living room on fire, targeting the blood trail, pool, and wok. His flame was hot enough to melt the iron completely, and it was left in a pool on the floor. Hiei grinned and shut the door, most of the house now in flames. He checked on Kili's body once, and only once, through the window of her bedroom.

Then, he brought the dead demon around to the side of the house, threw some matches into the house via a window, then lit some and threw them on the ground by the demon. Then, he made the demon's wounds wide, deep, as if he had been angry when making them, and not planning. Next, he called for Kurama.

"She was attacked, call someone!" He screamed through telepathy, before going inside the orange flames and bringing Kili's fully burned and scorched body onto the porch. Spirit World Authorities arrived within minutes, and they confirmed she was dead.

The demon was blamed for her death instantly, by Yusuke, Kurama, and Kuwabara alike. Hiei played the grieving fiancé part well...but the guilt of her death overtook him, and he became mad with regret and at the same time, shock at how well his plans had been carried out. It was the perfect crime, until he went insane...

I feel irrational
So confrontational
To tell the truth I am
Getting away with murder.


"Koenma, I'd rather you didn't try to investigate her death any further...it's apt to have a terrible affect on Hiei's mental state right now...he's so upset that all he can do is laugh..."

It isn't possible
To never tell the truth
But the reality is
I'm getting away with murder.
Sign up to rate and review this story