Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > Deliveries

Delivery 36

by Mikari 0 reviews

Delivery 36: Delivery Man

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Cloud Strife,Reno,Tifa Lockhart - Published: 2009-08-29 - Updated: 2009-08-29 - 963 words - Complete

0Unrated
Deliveries

Delivery 36: Delivery Man

"I think it's cool," that was the last thing Cloud needed to hear. If Reno thought it was cool, it meant it was bad for Cloud, not that he needed any confirmation, this was obviously bad.

Cloud frowned like he never frowned before, he was reminded of Robin's colorful super hero costume. Batman wore black, Batman was ready to sneak around in the night, Batman used logic. Robin wore a red and green outfit with a yellow cape. Who in their right mind would wear such bright colors while trying to sneak around in the darkness? It made no sense what so ever.

Than again, Cloud was not expected to sneak around in the darkness of the night, playing vigilante and stopping criminals. That was the Turks' job now and hey did it in their usual uniforms. Cloud was expected to catch people's attention and amuse them like a clown in hopes of getting more customers.

"I don't like-" Cloud stopped as he watched Tifa's expression fall. He had arrived home at the Seventh Heaven after making a delivery to find Tifa all worked up about a surprise for him. Then Cloud was dragged upstairs and locked in his room with the order of changing into the outfit that was left for him on his bed.

Cloud was horrified when he saw the strange super hero costume with the initials DM in glittery golden letters on the chest of a bright red, impossibly tight, sleeve shirt, which wasn't long enough to reach his waist and left half his abdomen exposed. The pants were a sickening shade of green, much too tight making them hard to move in and were seven inches too short of reaching his ankles, but still covered the knees so he couldn't pretend they were shorts.

Contrary to the rest of the outfit, the boots and cape were too big. The black leather boots with an excessive amount of silver buckles, were loose, which made them rub against Cloud's feet, even if he wore his thickest socks. He considered wearing layers of socks to fill up the extra space, but the second pair of socks wouldn't fit over the first and he ended up ripping three pairs trying. At least the boots were tall enough to hide that the pants were too short.

There was also a yellow cape, in a bright shade one had to look at with sunglasses, it was so long Cloud had tripped on it five times while trying to fasten it on his shoulders and walk to the door to show Tifa the ridiculous outfit that would satisfy whatever cruel joke she had played on him. Ah, the things he did for love.

Cloud wasn't expecting Reno to be standing in the hall along with Tifa when he came out, nor did he expect the redhead to take a picture. Reno was supposed to be downstairs, eating Tifa's freshly baked cookies. The killing intent was very had to resist for Cloud and as soon as Reno expressed his liking for the outfit, Cloud had to differ, but stopped himself when Tifa looked disappointed.

"I don't like, to show off so stop taking pictures, Reno," Cloud warned through the clenched teeth of his forced smile.

Tifa smiled genuinely, "I think you look very handsome. Reno's idea was great, a super hero, Delivery Man, I'm sure you'll get more customers if you wear that."

Cloud felt himself twitch, not only had Reno started this disaster, but he got Tifa to participate, he must have known Cloud couldn't say no to Tifa. "Reno," Delivery Man growled angrily, "just where did you get this outfit?"

"We were cleaning Healin Lodge and found the pants. They're from an old Robin costume Rufus wore one when he was younger, they don't fit anymore and he doesn't want them anyway, so he told me to give them to you in the name of Shinra, as a good deed," Reno explained.

"Good deed, my foot," Cloud growled, he was sure Rufus and the Turks all had the worse intentions in giving him the hand me down pants.

"About your feet, those boots belonged to Sephiroth; they were laying around in his locker in Junon, they kind of forgot about it until now and asked it to be cleaned out to make space. I guess they thought it would blow up or something, because they wouldn't open it without a Turk there. I didn't know what to do with the boots so I brought them too," Reno's story did not make Cloud happy.

"Sephiroth?" Cloud glared, "are you saying that Sephiroth's stinky feet were once in these boots?"

"Sephiroth's feet did not stink, it's true, I heard all about it, the one with stinky feet was Genesis," Reno informed.

Cloud only growled indignantly in response, while containing the overwhelming need to strangle Reno.

"The shirt is mine," Tifa revealed, "well, it's yours now, Reno said he couldn't find the rest of the Robin costume so I modified one of my shirts and wrote DM for Delivery Man. The cape is made from a sheet; it's nice and long for a heroic look."

"Do I have to work in this?" Cloud grimaced.

"Of course, why not? It will attract more customers!" Tifa was certainly cheerful about the entire idea and Reno looked very amused.

"Thank you," Cloud forced the words out, then directed a deadly glare at Reno that seemed to say he would be needing the protection a real super hero.

End of Delivery 36

Disclaimer, I don't own Final Fantasy VII or Batman and Robin. Delivery 36 was requested by kikofreako. I still have more suggestions from my reviewers in my notes, so you can expect many more deliveries to come.
Sign up to rate and review this story