Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Personal Oxygen

May I have this dance?

by SafeBehindMusic 1 review

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-09-07 - Updated: 2009-09-07 - 1315 words

0Unrated
Okay so when I said gym was going to be a disaster I meant it. First I was dragged into the girls locker room. Changed into a pair of short shorts and a tee shirt with a ridiculous pair of knee high socks and a pair of sneakers. Then I was forced to walk into the gym only to be made to sit out. I could hear a bunch of stuff happening around me but I was not expecting what happened next.

“Hey there stranger.”

“Tyler?”

“The one and only.”

“What are you doing here?”

“I my lady am here to make sure you get changed and then take you to another room where balls are not whizzing past you at full speed.”

“Where’s Amy?

“Right here. Give us 5 minutes so that she can change.”

Once in the girls locker room Amy began to chit chat about nothing in particular while I changed. I knew that she could see me. But I tried to hid the fact that it bothered me.

“So are you going this weekend?”

“going where?” I asked as I tied my sneakers and grabbed my bag out of the locker.

“To the party. Duh.”

“I didn’t get an invite.”

“You darling don’t need one. Your like a 12 on the hot scale. You wont have a problem getting in.”

“Hot scale?”

“Yeah you know 1-10 how hot someone is?”

“Hmm?” I said not really interested in it.

“You don’t care about looks do you?”

“I am partially blind. I can barely see what people look like as it is. I see blurs and some shapes that help me from walking into anything too dangerous. I cant cross the street by myself. Cant drive. I cant even find my way around the school. Or read a paper if it is right in front of my face. I think looks are the last thing I am worrying about.” I answered sounding a little bit more sad that I would have normally.

“I’m sorry Celeste. I didn’t mean to be shallow its just that I was going and so where the boys so I figured that you would go. I’m surprised that Jack or Tyler didn’t tell you about it.”

“Nope. You are the one to tell me.”

“cool!” She said sounding more chipper. “So are you going?”

In all honesty parties and me did not go well together. It just never seemed to work well when I was involved. I really did want to go though. I was not sure why I had the sudden urge to go but I knew that it was what I wanted to do. I just had to find a way to convince my dad to let me go. The man had a tighter grip on me that King Kong on that Blonde screaming chick.

“I don’t know.”

“Oh come on it will be fun.”

“I’ll see.”

Just as I said that I felt an arm go around my shoulders.

“Ready kiddo?”

“ready for what Tlyer?”

“I got you moved from Gym. To dance.”

“Tyler how is dance going to help anything. I still cant see.”

“you don’t need to see. You just need to move. Come on you are already late.”

He said steering me across the hall. I didn’t know what it was but something about this was bothering me. It seemed that Tyler had a lot more insight into the school than I originally thought. He had made two drastic changes for me without anyone blinking an eye.

“You are going to do fine in here.”

“Ms. Valesca. This is Celeste. The transfer.”

“Ms. Jones. I’m so sorry for the late notice but the school felt that you would be better suited here.”

“Its not a problem. Its much quieter in here anyways.”

“I am glad that you are okay with the switch and your partner.”

“Partner?”

“Oh. Tyler is your partner for this class. He is very light on his feet. One of my best dancers in fact. Well then Tyler get the girl a pair of shoes and then go to one of the corners so that you can start to teach her the basic steps to a waltz. I will check up on you before the end of the class period.”

Just like all the other teachers before her she walked away beginning to instruct other students.

“Okay so first things first. What size shoes do you wear”

“I wear a 6 ½ to a 7. Depends on the shoe.”

“Okay lets see what we have.” He said walking me over to the corner of the room. “We have a 6 ½. Lets try that.”

Tyler sat me down while I took off my sneakers and socks. He slipped the shoes on me and had me stand up. I felt like Cinderella, without the singing mice and evil stepmother.

“how are those?”

“Great actually. These are really comfy.”

“Good so lets get started. The first thing you need to do is set up the proper posture. Like this.” He said as he stood in front of me and pulled me closer towards him. He placed his hand on my lower back and put my hand on his shoulder. Then he grabbed my other hand and stood still.

“this okay.”

I knew that I must have been turning red.

“I think your gorgeous when you blush.”

“I think I’m stupid for blushing.”

“I don’t think that you are. Ballroom dancing is very intimate. In your case you need to trust me to not knock you down to the ground. Do you trust me?”

“Can I?” Is what I said when Should I? is what I really wanted to ask.

“You most certainly can. Now when I step forward I want you to step back with your left foot. Okay?”

“Left foot back. Got it.”

And just like that my first dance class started. I could not believe how much fun I was having dancing around the corner of the room until the teacher came by to check on us.

“Looks like you two are working out well. You my dear have very good legs for dancing. Have you ever danced before.”

“no one has ever had the patience to ask me, or to teach me.”

“well I am glad that you found us and that we have the pleasure of teaching you. Tyler why don’t you take her back to the main office. It seems her ride is here a bit early today. Get home safe and I will see tomorrow."

"We have gym everyday?"

"well no. We have gym twice a week and then a free period every other day. But in order to opt out of Gym we need to take this class three times a week."

"Oh. Cool." I said lacing up my sneakers again.

"Lets get you to your ride."

"Oh well I kinda needed to find Jack or Alex."

"for what?"

"I wanted to give them my number and email."

"Oh well I already have it so I can give it to them when I see them."

"you sure."

"Yeah. Its not problem."

"thanks."

"So where are you headed now?"

"Doctors appointment."

"bummer."

"Its not so bad. things can only get better from here."

"I like your optimism."

I liked his, but I wasn’t about to tell him that.

~~~~*
Going to finish this story. Just keep on reading and rating and reviewing and I will try to update once a day to every two days. I just bought a dell 10 inch computer and I have the mobil card from verizon so I should be able to keep up with this and school work. Hope eveyone is having a good labor day weekend. As a treat I am posting up two chapters today. Next one coming up.

PixieOUT!!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story