Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Importance of a Butterfly

Chapter 3

by ElaLovesYou 0 reviews

just read it...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-09-11 - Updated: 2009-09-11 - 702 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapt. 3

Kakashi dodged the kunai very easily, turned and walked away with Naruto. Sakura took a few tentative steps forward, “Sasuke…?”
Kakashi called Sakura from the next room.
She took one more look at the anguished Sasuke, kneeling by Mystique’s broken form, turned and fled to Kakashi’s side.
Sasuke’s eyes filled with tears again, he pulled the kunai out of her chest and was about to collapse from the effort when he saw Mystique’s finger twitch.
Sasuke’s head jerked upward as her whole hand rose a couple of centimetres off the ground.
Her eyes fluttered open and she gasped for breath. “…Sasuke?” she whispered weakly, holding out her hand to him, she then looked to the ceiling and said, in a stronger voice “Sasuke. Am I dying?” Sasuke took her outstretched hand gently in both of his and whispered, “I sure hope not.”
He was about to pick her up when an eerie light entered the room. The source of the light hovered over Mystique and started to filter light into her body. In the last few moments Sasuke glimpsed the image of a butterfly made out of light. It flew down and settled on her chest then got absorbed into her body.
Sasuke inched closer, his hand outstretched and as he neared Mystique he saw that her breathing was easier. She looked as though she was sleeping.
She was glowing with an unearthly light, Sasuke’s eyes moved from her face to her chest as it rose and fell in an even pace. Sasuke knelt by her head and gently brushed a stray piece of hair from her forehead. He looked down on her sleeping form and felt the overwhelming desire to kiss her.
“I must not disturb her peacefulness.” he thought, “Yet again, she is so beautiful when she sleeps.” He leant forward and gently brushed his lips against hers. She moaned and stirred, he stepped back a little, afraid of what she might say if she had found him kissing her. She moaned again, turning on her side and forcing her eyes open. She got up swaying.
“Sasuke? What are you doing? Can you help me? Please?” she said in a gentle voice. As Sasuke moved forward she lurched and fell, he ran forwards and caught her before she could hit the ground. She convulsed in his grip, clutching her stomach, and threw up.
Sasuke held her long, dark purple hair back then wiped her mouth on the corner of the sleeve of his jersey.
“Mystique? Are you ok?” he asked, turning her so she sat with her head resting between his neck and shoulder. Her head lolled back and he heard her whisper “…water…” in a faint voice. He wasted no time. He picked her up, gently, with one arm around her shoulders and the other arm under her knees, to his sleeping place where he unstoppered his water flask and put it, gently, to her lips.
As she drank he began to sing a song he had remembered, she tilted her head a little and, still singing, Sasuke took it from her mouth.
“Sasuke?” she said with a sigh, gazing up into his eyes, “what is that song? It…it’s beautiful.”
Sasuke stopped singing to answer.
“It’s a lullaby my mother used to sing me when I was sick. She believed it helped heal those closest to her. I never had a reason to use it before, but now…” he took a deep breath and looked straight into her pale purple eyes, “…you… are the first,” he gulped, “you are the first person I have ever loved.” He bowed his head, ashamed that he had exposed his inner feelings.
Mystique looked stunned, “Sasuke? It’s ok you know. I feel the same way and I am glad you care for me.”
Sasuke’s head jerked up and a look of relief crossed his face. “ y-you do?” he stuttered, “I never thought-” she cut him off by leaning in and kissing him full on the mouth. He was surprised at first then relaxed into it, placing his hands on her hips. She lifted her arms and encircled them around his neck.
Sign up to rate and review this story