Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Importance of a Butterfly

Chapter 4

by ElaLovesYou 0 reviews

read it...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-09-11 - Updated: 2009-09-11 - 398 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapt. 4

Mystique opened her eyes and gazed up into the sleeping face of Sasuke. Her head was resting on his chest. He opened his eyes and caught her watching him. She blushed and gazed off to the side, he smirked inwardly as he caught the glimpse of red glistening across her cheek.
“Good morning beautiful.” he said smiling warmly down at her.
“M…morning Sasuke.” she stuttered, smiling back weakly. Sasuke’s eyes reflected his concern.
“Are you ok Mysti?” he asked, stroking her cheek with index finger and staring deeply into her eyes.
“Yea, I just need some fresh air.” she said, blushing. She tried to stand but her legs began to give way and as she tripped, Sasuke leapt up and caught her under her armpits.
“There! Now, let’s go outside.” he said, gently lifting her and, cradling her in his arms, walked outside.
“Thank you, are you sure you want-”
“Of course I do!” he murmured as they emerged into the sunshine, on a field covered in daisies, “I’ve never had a reason to love or sing to someone.” he said as he laid her down on the soft grass. “You’ve given me some sense of purpose other than evil. And,” he paused, his breath shaky, “and I thank you for that.”
She blushed, then smiled as a butterfly landed on her finger, she stretched her arm out and the butterfly flew off to a nearby flower.
Sasuke leaned in and put his arm across her shoulders. He relaxed there for a moment then pointed out the butterfly feeding on a daisy nearby.
“Mysti?”
“Hmm.”
“Do you know how important a butterfly is?” Sasuke said turning to look into her sparkly, light purple eyes.
“No, not really. They are pretty but that was all I guess…”
“Well, you see that blue butterfly there?” he asked pointing to the nearest flower. “See how it drinks the nectar? You see, there by it’s legs. How the orange powder gets stuck on the butterfly’s legs. That’s how the flowers reproduce. The butterfly is essential to the flowers survival.”
Sasuke looked deep into her eyes, then spotted a bee. The bee was quite large and it obviously had it’s eye on the same flower as the butterfly. It buzzed in an annoyed tone and dove, piercing the butterfly with it’s sting.
Sign up to rate and review this story