Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Personal Oxygen

Nothing but Drama

by SafeBehindMusic 1 review

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-09-19 - Updated: 2009-09-20 - 1228 words

1Original
The drive home was quiet for the most part. There were some sports conversation happening between Tyler and Joseph. But for some reason I could not help but have my thoughts go back to Jack. He had sounded so defeated, so broken down when he was talking about Tyler. I didn’t know what was up with that but something made me uncomfortable. The whole situation was wrong. I just couldn’t figure out how wrong.

“Why do quiet, Cel.” Joseph asked from the front seat.

“Just trying to remember some of my lines from Romeo and Juliet.” I lied.

“I can run lines with you. After we work on Physics for a while of course. Which scene do you and Jack have to do?”

This is one of those times when I hoped that I could lie and not have everyone in the car know.

“Um. We are doing that one scene where Juliet tells Romeo to meet her at the church. Nice and simple.”

Please buy it. Please buy it.

“That’s not a long scene at all. Should be no problem.”

“I didn’t think it would.”

The rest of the car ride was filled with talk of, well me mostly. Tyler asked a bunch of fair questions like other schools I had been to. How I pick out clothes and did my hair. Not once did he ask why I always wore sunglasses or more important how long had I been blind. He also had not asked anything about parents. Didn’t ask me much about what I liked or didn’t like. I could also tell he was staring at my boobs. I decided to let that one go.

When we got to the house the dogs greeted me as per usual but strangle enough completely disregarded Tyler.

After eating Tyler and I made our way to my room where the stuff for physics was.

We had decided to do Gravity easy enough right. Wrong. Sitting in the middle of my carpeted room Indian style was not the most comfortable position. Especially with Tyler sitting right across from me. To top it all off and make things more distracting, right in the middle of us discussing formulas for different objects and simultaneously weighing them my phone went off. I knew that it was closer to Tyler and that one quick flip of the screen would tell him who was calling.

I reached over to get the phone before him and that’s when it happened. The last thing that I could have imagined to happen, happened. Tyler lightly grabbed my chin and kissed me. It was not a possessive kiss, it wasn’t an unsure kiss it was more of a this is how I feel kiss. The kiss was brief and when he pulled away I knew that he could see that I was blushing.

“I didn’t want to wait till the end of the night to kiss you.”

I was a little taken back. I dint expect that at all but at the same time I was glad that he didn’t wait for the end of the night. It just made things a bit easier.

“I’m glad that you didn’t wait either.”

Before I could respond further I felt him leaning in again. I figured that there was no point in stopping him now. So throwing caution to the wind I kissed back this time.

I could feel my phone going off but at the present moment I was distracted.

No amount of buzzing, “new message”, “Missed call” or Newton's theories of relativity were going to stop this moment.

For the first time I was doing something spontaneous. Something that felt good. Something that took my mind off of my blindness and placed it on something better.

It was the first time that I didn’t feel guilty about doing something.

It was the first time in a long time that I felt normal.

I don't know how much time went by but I suddenly felt as if someone was watching us.

No sooner had the thought entered my mind did someone clear their throat from the doorway.

Tyler and I pulled away from each other and slid apart.

"Am I interrupting?" Joseph called from the door.

Busted.

"No."

"good. Cause his mom is outside. She said that he needs to leave. Something about taking care of responsibilities. Kiss your boyfriend goodbye. I will wait out front."

I felt Tyler start to move things from around me. Placing them back into their labeled boxes I hoped and then he helped me get up.

He pulled me against him and placed one long deep kiss on my lips before speaking.

"Be my date for the Halloween ball next month?"

I'd never been to a ball before so now I was excited.

"Sounds like fun." I said shaking my head yes.

"One more thing."

What else could he possibly ask.

"Go out with me. I know that we have only known each other for a short period of time but I just, just say you'll go out with me. I'd die if you wouldn't."

I knew that he was exaggerating. But he was right. Things were moving awfully fast for me. But hey life is all about the risks right. What was that saying something about only living once. Well hey time to live.

"Okay."

"Really?"

"Really."

"You wont regret this Celeste. I promise. I will see you in the morning. " He said before giving me a quick kiss and running out the room.

I couldn't help but smile as I picked up my phone from the floor. I didn't think that I would regret my decision at least I didn't think so until I opened my phone to go through my messages.

“You have 13 new voice messages. First voice message. Hey Celeste its Jack. Um just wanted to call to say that I was sorry about what I said during free period. I guess that’s it. Bye. Second Message. Hey Celeste. Jack again. Look um I know I just called and you are probably sleeping or something but I … Never mind. Next message. Celeste. Alex here. Give me a call when you can……Next message. Message marked urgent. CELESTE! Its Alex wait never mind I’m Jack. Anyway we are having band practice at around 8 o’clock. Come by. We want you to hear the band play. Oh practice is at Jacks house. Here is his address.…………Last message. Hey Celeste. Jack again. Its um 11 pm. Well guess your not coming. I really wanted you to listen to the band play. Guess there is always next time. See you in class tomorrow. End of new messages. To listen to your messages press one”

I could not believe it. I was such an idiot. I should have answered my phone. If I was not to busy with Tyler I would have. I would have loved to go and listen to them play. Deciding that I needed to sleep I changed into pajamas and jumped into bed. There was no point in calling them now. I’d just apologize in the morning and everything would be ok. Alright who am I kidding. In a perfect world everything would be ok. IN Celeste Ville, this situation spelled nothing but tragedy.
Sign up to rate and review this story