Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Always There

by mysilentromance 3 reviews

My way of thanking MCR for helping me overcome

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2009-09-20 - Updated: 2009-09-20 - 321 words - Complete

2Insightful
When I was lost, they did not search. You found me. When I was ill, they did not find the cure. You healed me. When I was alone, they did not join. You embraced me. When I was rejected, they did not give comfort. You accepted me. When I fell behind, they did not slow. You waited for me. When I was unsure, they did not give answers. You reassured me. When I lost hope, they did not notice. You stayed beside me. When I was dying, they did not care. You gave me a reason to live.
Every drop of blood that fell from my self-inflicted wounds lessened with each thought you placed in my mind. Every scar on my skin faded with each word you spoke. Though each new day meant a new battle to face, you were willing to fight alongside of me. They were our enemy, and at times I was forced to surrender. But you never abandoned me. Even when I beseeched you to let me give in, you held your ground. You never allowed me the option of losing the war. Although the end had never been in sight, you constantly promised I would overcome. And so I put my faith in you as you had done to me. I trusted that you would not fail me, for you had never failed me before.
And now the war seems interminable, but we will gain victory. My scars will belong in my past but never to be forgotten, for it is the pain that gives us strength. And with that follows the courage to live, the courage to accept ourselves. And when we can accept ourselves for who we truly are, we are able to win any war. One day, I will achieve this strength and courage. But I owe it to you, My Chemical Romance, for believing in me when no one, including myself, did.
Sign up to rate and review this story