Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Lucian, M.D.

Flashback

by GalacticFTW 0 reviews

PG for this chapter XP

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!] [V] [X] - Published: 2009-09-21 - Updated: 2009-09-22 - 647 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1

“Dr. Victor, we got a patient here!” A flashback ran through my head.

“Lucian, you alright?” My wife, Cynthia asked.

“Yeah, I’m OK,” I said monotonously. “Just thinking about Winona's hand... I wish I could’ve fully fixed it.”

“It’s all right, you did your best,” she patted me on the back.

“Yes... thanks,” I smiled.

“You’re welcome,” she said cheerfully.

I got up and walked off of the room; I was about to perform surgery on a little kid’s colon. I knew it would be risky. With my easy disposition, I'll make the best of it. “Cya later Cynthia,” I waved.

“Later,” she smiled. She put her head in a book, typical her. She was reading Wuthering Heights - a book I tried to read, but it was too long.

_________________________________________________________~~~~_________________________________________________________

The operation was a success. The little girl made it through - her colon was twisted up.

“So, how was it?” Cynthia asked as I sipped some root beer.

“It went beautifully,” I smiled. “Poor kid, her colon was all twisted up.”

“That’s good and too bad for the kid,” she got up. “I’ve been reading this whole time, I finished.”

“That was fast! How the hell did you do that?” I hesitated.

“I don’t know, guess I’m a fast reader?” She smirked.

“I guess... so...,” I kissed her on the cheek. I was really tired; I had been up all night last night, trying to repair a person’s skull. It must've been the hardest thing I had ever done!

“Lucian, wake up,” Cynthia shook me. Had I overslept?

“Eh...?” I mumbled groggily.

“The dean said you could go on vacation for awhile,” she said.

“He did?” I got up. “Good!” I smiled. “Let’s go home then.”

“Great idea,” she smiled. “You look so cute,” she giggled.

“Awww, thanks,” I blushed. My back itched really badly, I suffered from psoriasis. But Cynthia didn't care, she loved me anyway. Why can't we all be like that? Then again, she suffered from it, too.

“Does your back itch?” She asked. She knows when it itches.

“Yes, it does,” I grumbled.

“Here, let me help,” she scratched it for me.

“Thanks,” I smiled. I got up and we walked out of the hospital.

“No problem,” she followed.

Our house was just a few blocks away, so really, there was no point on driving. We really didn't mind walking. I just loved watching the birds. Cynthia ALWAYS wanted ice cream as we walked home.

“May I have some ice cream honey?” She asked me, smiling.

“Sure,” I smiled and grabbed some lose change from my pocket. “Might as well have some, too.”

“Hello,” we both said.

“Hello, want would you like Cynthia and Lucian?” He vendor asked.

“Cookies and cream,” Cynthia replied. That’s her favourite.

“Mint chocolate chip,” I replied. It’s my favourite.

“Here ya go,” he smiled. “I’ll make it free for today, you two look exhausted.”

“Wow, thank you,” I smiled.

“Thank you!” She smiled.

“You’re welcome,” he watched us walk off.

“Huh?” I looked up into the sky. It was becoming cloudy. “Ploaie?!” I exclaimed in Romanian, it means “rain.” It did start to rain, I gobbled the ice cream down and we ran home, soaking wet. It was nearly autumn, and it always rains during autumn. We had been home for awhile, I felt better. I wasn’t cold anymore. “How about a game of poker?” I asked, breaking the silence.

“Yeah! And this time I'll beat you...,” she smirked.

“I doubt that,” I smirked back. We played for awhile. I beat her again. I soon fell asleep on the couch on accident. My life is tiring after all.

_____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Tell me what you think so far! BTW, I think "ploaie" is pronounced PLOW-je, but I'm not hundred percent sure.
Sign up to rate and review this story