Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Lucian, M.D.

Literature

by GalacticFTW 0 reviews

Basically what the title says. It's really cute though. And yeah, I know Faulkner mostly has bird Pokémon, but this was BEFORE he was a gym leader.

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-09-24 - Updated: 2009-09-25 - 1548 words

0Unrated
Chapter 11

“Wake up honey,” Cynthia's voice pierced through my ears; she shook me.

“Oh...,” I said groggily. The medicine made me really sleepy.

“You awake?” She giggled.

“Yeah...,” I felt a little dizzy from sleeping.

“Come along,” she smiled.

I got up and looked at her sweet smile. “You know how much I love you...?”

“Yes...,” she continued to smile.

“Good,” I rubbed her head and I got up. I got dressed and went to the kitchen; she followed me.

“And do you know how sexy you are?” She growled.

“Yes...,” I said affectionately.

“BOO!” Aaron jumped out of no where.

“Whoa, hey there Buggy Boy,” I patted him on the head. “How are you this quaint morning?”

“I'm alright, still wish I had a girl though,” he replied.

“You always want a girl, silly boy,” she giggled.

“Are you jealous? I can sure tell,” I looked at him straight-faced.

It looked as if he wanted to blush. “Yeah...,” he said quietly.

“That's understandable,” I patted him on the shoulder. “It's alright, in fact, maybe we could help you after Cynthia challenges Faulkner again.”

“You-you will?” He had a huge grin on his face. “THANK YOU!” He hugged me so tightly that my eyes almost popped out.

“You're welcome...,” I gagged. He let go and skipped around. “What would you like guys?” I asked.

“What ever you can conjure up my handsome Falcon,” she rubbed my shoulders.

“Yes my sweet Eagle... how about some oatmeal?” I smiled. It wasn't my favourite, but it was still good. I took a quick glance out the window. “It's... snowing?”

“Ooh it's so beautiful!” She smiled beautifully.

I then looked at the calendar on my watch. “December 1st..., already?”

“Wow time flies, it's almost Christmas!” Aaron smiled cutely.

“This is my favourite time of the year! It's so full of happiness and joy and giving... it reminds me of the Olympics - all the people gather together and forget about their differences,” I smiled at Cynthia.

“I agree with what you said,” she smiled back. I winked flirtatiously and got some oatmeal out of the cupbbaord. Aaron helped me get a pot from a cabinet, I never knew he liked cooking...

“Thank you,” I looked at him.

“No problem,” he filled it with water and put it on the stove. We both reached for the button to turn on the stove.

“Oh! Good ahead,” I smiled. Cynthia was making her delicious cinammon and sugar mix, it was just as good as Bertha's. We then sat down to eat; I stared at the beautiful snow. A flashback ran through my head...

_______________________________________________________________

“Oh I how I love the snow!” I smiled. I was only 13.

“Come on Lucian, let's go!” Faulkner urged.

“Go where?” I looked at him. We went sleding all day on his Floatzel... that was probably the most fun I had ever had.


_____________________________________________________________

“What are you thinking of now?” Aaron asked.

“Ahh... I flashback of myself when I was 13... I went sleding with Faulkner - it was the most fun I had ever had,” I smiled. We all heard a crashing sound outside. “Freezing rain...? Not good... we might lose electricity,” I looked out the window. Tree branches were falling. “Seems too early for there to be freezing rain...”

“I agree with that,” Cynthia eyed the trees outside.

“I don't know much about weather, but I agree with you guys,” Aaron looked at us.

Flint and Bertha popped in. “We came as fast as possible,” Flint panted.

“We watched all the tree branches fall down,” Bertha panted, too.

“Come and sit, if you'd like, I made oatmeal for everyone,” I smiled at them.

“Thank you!” They both said and sat down to eat (I had already put it on the table for them).

“You're welcome,” I smiled.

I loved it when we were all together - we were all one big happy family and a microcosm. Cynthia and I are from Eastern Europe, Bertha is mostly English, Flint is somewhat European and Canadian and Aaron is mostly Western European.

“Brr...,” I shivered. “It's cold in here... lemme go turn up the heat,” I got up to go turn up the heat. “Dammit,” I growled. “Our heater is broken...,” I stomped back. “I might have to call a heat and air specialist today or tomorrow... if the phones even work.”

“I'm cold, too,” Aaron shivered. He is the thinnest person I'd ever seen.

“Take my jacket,” Cynthia said and gave it to him.

“Thanks so much,” he put it on, though it was a bit too big for him.

“Wait... I forgot that we had a fireplace,” I had just remembered.

“But we haven't used it in awhile, want me to clean it?” Flint asked.

“Yes, please. That'd be great,” I smiled. Flint gobbled down the oatmeal, he left he room and put his huge coat on and his sweeper broom (I have no idea what it's called). Flint was our chimney sweeper and our pyromaniac (in controlled situations). If we didn't have him, what would we do? We couldn't use our fireplace (if we did, the whole building would explode). “Flint, if anything goes wrong, just yell, alright?” I looked at him.

“Yes sir!” His voice was muffled. He rushed out to the door. I walked into the living room to make sure he was okay. I watched the soot fall from the chimney. He was perfectly fine, so I left the room real quick. Cynthia had her head in a book, of course. I looked at the title - “A Tale of Two Cities.” She finished “Fire Pony” already?! (I've attemped to read “A Tale of Two Cities” as well, but it was too long for me). I decided to read, too. I read “The Cask of Amontillado,” one of my favourite poems by Poe. (The other being “Anabelle Lee” and “The Raven”).

Flint came back in, covered in soot. “All clean!” He called. He took off his coat and put it in the washing machine. “Might as well wash it later... I'm taking a shower, I smell like soot.”

“Thank you Flint, I appreciate you for what you're doing for all of us,” I smiled cheerfully.

“You're welcome Lucian, anytime,” he smiled and walked off.

Cynthia closed the book (which is unusual for her) and got up. “I'm gonna make some hot chocolate, who wants some?”

I looked up. “Of course,” I smiled. “Please.” I just LOVE her hot chocolate, she puts a dash of cinammon in it.

Bertha looked up, too. She was doing a crossword, one of her favourite things to do when she was bored. “Yes please my deary,” she smiled.

Aaron was staring out the window, he just loves looking at small animals that pass by. “Yes please!” He turned around.

Flint popped back in, the scent of him was deafening to my nose. “Yes ma'am, please!”

“Alright,” she smiled and walked into the kitchen.

“Aren't you dapper today Flint,” I looked at him. He was wearing his favourite shirt - it says “I love Mammology” and it also has a Linoone on it.

“Why thank you, so do you Lucian,” he smiled back at me.

“Thank you... and you're welcome,” I replied.

“You're welcome,” he smiled. I treated him like my brother I never really had/knew. He is my brother-in-law anyway. Aaron was too busy looking outside. He was watching the birds, despite hating them. In my opinion, I don't think he completely understands them.

“Aaron, how come you are looking at the birds...?” I asked.

“I'm bored and it's just something to look at, I guess,” he looked at me. He hates reading and doing crosswords like the rest of us.

“Hmm... I guess I'll draw then,” something I haven't done in several weeks. I looked at a picture of an eagle. “He clasped the crag with crooked hands; Close to the sun in lonely lands, Ring'd with the azure world, he stands.

“The wrinkled sea beneath him crawls; He watches from his mountain walls, And like a thunderbolt, he falls,” I read out loud. “I never really knew the symbolism of this poem. Either an ealge dying or swooping down on its prey.”

“Amazing poem, I must admit,” Flint said.

“Yeah, I agree,” Aaron piped in.

“I love that poem,” Bertha smiled.

“Me, too!” Cynthia called from the kitchen. “Come on guys, it's done!” We all got up and walked to the kitchen. We all thanked her and sat down.

“Well... what should we do? We're trapped,” I sighed.

“Let's play bullshit!” Cynthia looked at me.

“Bullshit? All right then...,” I got up and looked for some cards and came back. Cynthia is a champion at this game - she has Asberger's, so she's pretty much straight-faced all the time, even when lying.

“I won!” She smirked at all of us. I knew she'd win.

“You beat us again,” I smirked back at her.

“So... what now?” I asked everyone.

“Play your harmonica!” Aaron chanted.

“Umm all right,” I got it out of my pocket. I began to play the begining of “Piano Man”. Everyone stared at me, they must think I was really good at it. I sighed happily, I knew this day would be very long. It was only noon.
Sign up to rate and review this story