Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Maylene

The fossil Aviloss!

by GalacticFTW 0 reviews

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2009-09-26 - Updated: 2009-09-26 - 1861 words

0Unrated
A/N: by the way, I am changing Roark’s age to 24. Oh yeah, I made a big mistake – I had no idea he had a mother in the anime (and this is six years after the anime). (According to Bulbapedia, he is 18 in the anime – and he gets his first fossil ten years before – making him eight! He is so darling… :D) W-wait… that means Byron would have to be 18 years old when Roark was born… :O Oh no! (After seeing that episode, I think Roark is one of my favourite characters.)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 3: The fossil – Aviloss!

“Wow that beer is so good! Give me some more please!” Stan said in sing-song. He was really drunk. No kidding, either. And he’s only drunk one bottle… he’s really tipsy like me. He started to grow ears. It looked weird, I must admit… “Hic…!” He retched. “Oh God… I don’t really feel very good…,” he stammered.

“Then go to the sink or something…,” I cringed. I started to get really sleepy and passed out right where I lied down.

The next thing I knew, it was already the next day. Marie and Stan were asleep in their little area, Roark fell asleep on the couch (not surprising…!), and Gardenia fell asleep in a chair, but Wake…? Where was he! I yawned and stretched and stepped over Marie and Stan carefully. (I had forgotten Lorelei and Byron went home…). I then heard some odd sounds in the kitchen… “Huh?” I mumbled inaudibly. I walked into the kitchen.

“Morning!” Wake grinned. He appeared to be making something, but what?

“Hi,” I said groggily. “I didn’t know you could cook,” I chuckled. “What are you making?”

“Omelets,” he replied. “Would you like some?”

“Oh would I!” I smiled. “I had no idea you could cook, no offence.” He just laughed.

“None taken…!” I just could not help laughing, either. I thought I felt something behind me – it was Stan giggling like crazy.

“Ha! You cannot see me!” He grinned and disappeared.

“Whoa… you are really fast…,” I blinked. “Are you hungry Stan?” I asked.

“Of course… I could eat a horse!” He laughed. He retracted his claws. They were so long and sharp… as if they could kill or stab someone with them! They must have been at least 8 inches long or more.

“I bet you could kill one with those claws!” I blinked. I looked at the ground and realised that the claws on his feet could be retracted, too. “Wow cool… look at your feet Stan!” I blinked as Marie entered the room, yawning.

“Good morning,” she said groggily. “Hi Stan, Maylene and Wake,” she stretched. “How are you guys?” I smiled.

“Great, thank you!” I looked at Wake.

Wake smiled. “I am perfectly all right, thank you, Marie.”

“Same as Wake; thank you very much,” Stan smiled.

“You’re welcome,” she smiled happily. Gardenia walked in, happy as a lark, and Roark followed her. We all sat down to eat happily. We all thought that was the best omelets we had ever had! He was probably one of the best cooks I have ever known! Wake grinned, blushed, chuckled and thanked us. We happily talked about what the fossil might look like.

“We need to just go there and see!” I grinned. “I cannot wait to see it either!”

“Right… let us go!” Roark urged. Stan walked up the fridge and took another swig of beer.

“I am not drunk… yet…,” Stan hiccoughed. “I will soon… if I keep this up…”

“You will have to go the bathroom soon,” Roark punched him playfully.

“Yeah… you are right…,” he beamed. He started to meow and grow a tail. It reminded us of Pinocchio when he became a donkey! He blushed slightly as we awed and chuckled at him. He was cute as a cat! “…Roark is right. I will try to go to the bathroom without ripping my pants further,” he nodded. He already ripped his pants when his tail grew. It looked odd, but cute at the same time. He ran off, like a streak of lightning. We waited him for a couple of minutes. I, myself, have noticed how fast men are… but then again, if they jack off – they take the longest time. Men are funny, especially Roark.

Roark is a pervert though… sometimes… but that does not stop me from loving him though. I happened to be 18 (I will be 19 this July), while he is 24 (he will be 25 this November). Oh, well, that does not matter to me. I hugged him tightly and he smiled at me.

In the blink of an eye, Stan was already back!

“That was fast, Stan!” I blinked. Stan just chuckled. “Shall we go now?” I asked. Everyone nodded. “Awesome then,” I grinned and we all walked outside.

It was a beautiful day – barely any clouds in the sky, but they were not rain clouds – they were the fluffy, cumulus clouds that form on calm days (Roark told me this). The Sun was shining brightly, making everything beautiful. A few birds sang their sweet songs – they were beautiful nonetheless. We all breathed in the fresh air happily. It was mid-March.

“Wow it is so nice out…,” Gardenia commented. “Maybe we should let all of our Pokémon out.”

“Great idea…!” Everyone agreed. We let out all of our Pokémon. They all ran around, playing tag (except Gardenia’s Torterra and Roark’s Bastiodon, they are slow). Roark’s Staraptor circled above us, catching something in the air. I had forgotten why Roark had a Staraptor in the first place.

“Roark… you never told anyone else why you have a Staraptor… and I forgot why you have it.”

“Oh… it is kind of a long story… However, I will tell it anyway.”

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Flashback alert… From Roark’s POV

I was just a young shrimp – only about six years old. I was listening to “Let it Ride” (which is one of my favourite songs) while walking in the streets of Oreburgh City (it was in a window of someone’s shop).

“Oh… I love this song!” I grinned at Daddy. I tried to sing along with it, but I never really understood what they were saying. Dad just rubbed my head and ruffled up my hair.

“Heh, I love that song, too,” he replied. We walked on near the mines. Dad did not let me dig, because he thought I was too young, but did let me look at the fossils he dug up.

“Ooh… Daddy… what is that!” I giggled.

“It happens to be a Cranidos,” he smiled brightly at me. His voice can be a bit scary, but he is a very good, sweet man. “Here, you can have it… maybe some day we can resurrect fossils.”

“Wow thank you Daddy!” I hugged him tightly and cried happily. I tried to pick it up, but it was too heavy. I suddenly heard a piercing screeching noise… I could never explain how it sounded. It made me jump and I fell backwards into Dad’s arms. “What was that?” I cried. There, it did it again. “I’m scared Dad…”

“Shh…,” he whispered. “Let’s go see what it is then.” I nodded and smiled as we walked over to whatever was going on… it was the scariest thing I had ever seen.

A pack of Poochyena was just tearing a poor little Starly up. There was blood everywhere… there was nothing I could do… but Dad could. He let out his Manectric – a Pokémon given to him by his father. “Thunderbolt on all of the Poochyena,” he commanded. Manectric nodded and used Thunderbolt on all of them, shocking and knocking them out. “Finish it with a Howl and Signal Beam!”

Manectric howled loudly, and in a bright flash of pink, light blue and yellow (too beautiful to describe, in my opinion!): the pack ran off, high tailing it and whining.

I picked up the bloody, half-dead Starly… I cried; I could not help it. “Daddy… I think it’s d-dead…” I looked at it… its wings were broken, its feet were broken… everything seemed to be broken… its tail was missing… so was its crest… even a couple of its toes were missing. I was just covered in its blood – which made me cry even more. Dad almost cried too… because I know he never liked seeing me this way.

“Roark… let’s see what we can do…,” he looked down at me, saddened. “Let’s go see Nurse Joy… maybe she can help.”

“Maybe so…,” I blinked. Dad decided to carry it instead of me. “Daddy… can we not go home?” – I asked. – “Starly will die!” I cried.

“Yes… it is best that we go straight to the Pokemon Centre,” he replied. I walked in silence, but I was getting quite tired of walking… and walking with blood-soaked shirt and jeans. I sighed sorrowfully… I looked up: was Dad nearly crying…? It sure looked like it!

“Daddy… are you crying…?”

He was not sure what to say. “N-no…”

“Oh, OK then.” We continued to walk in silence for about five minutes. We had finally made it, we ran in as fast as possible – I nearly hit the counter running. I looked at the Starly… it was still bleeding and its eyes looked glazed over.

“Daddy… I-I t-think it’s d-dead…,” I cried.

“What’s wrong…?” A Nurse Joy came up to the counter and saw me. I continued to cry.

“Nurse Joy, please help this Starly! It’s about to die!”

“Right away sir,” she nodded and my dad handed it to her. She shuddered when she saw how much blood it lost. I just wanted to throw up… I was so scared and because I had so much blood on me… I looked up at Dad and saw that his hands and shirt was covered.

“We will be back later – now we have to wash up,” he sighed. I nodded and we left to go home. Luckily, I was smart enough to turn on the shower then.

We were all washed up, we ate lunch silently… it was quite sad, to be honest. I always loved talking during lunch…

“Are you ready to go now?” He asked.

“OK Dad,” I replied. We both walked out the door and to the Pokémon Centre. Nurse Joy seemed to be quite happy when we entered the door.

“Good news… Starly survived!” She smiled brightly.

“Yay – can I see it?” I grinned.

“Yes… it needs a lot of rest, though.”

Dad and I smiled at each other and followed Joy to it. There it was… all clean, bright-eyed and happy! It chirped quietly, as if it were saying “thank you!”

A few weeks later, it fully recovered. Dad let me keep it…

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

End.

“I will never forget that day… he was my first Pokemon,” he smiled.

“Tell us another story soon, I liked that,” Stan grinned. We all walked into the museum – we could hear squawking and banging…

We walked into the room where the machines were:

It had escaped…
Sign up to rate and review this story