Categories > Original > Drama

Vampires Will Never Hurt You

by chemically_romanced 1 review

One-shot. A girl runs away. Her crush follows her. He promises to carry out their favourite musicians' promise.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-10-01 - Updated: 2009-10-01 - 656 words - Complete

0Unrated
Note: Mentions of self-injury and suicidal theming, sorry if it offends anyone. Part of my new Anonymous Angels series. Enjoy

VAMPIRES WILL NEVER HURT YOU

I ran through the forest, pushing low-hanging branches out of my way until I stumble into the stream, falling to my knees. I bite my lip on impact, feeling the blood vessels burst before blood floods my mouth. I spit downwards, hoping it went into the stream and not all over my jeans. My knees ache now but that’s not the worst pain I’ll feel tonight.

I rip up the sleeves of my jacket before giving up and tearing it from my body, tossing it into the stream before I fumble around in my pocket for my blades. My beautiful blades, surviving only to give me the solace I seek for in this life. I pull them out of my pocket and then squint down through the darkness to my scar blemished skin, frowning slightly before I begin to slice away at the pale flesh.

The sharp shooting pain...

The stinging as blood escapes...

The itch that makes me cut more...

Nothing is more glorious and amazing than these feelings. I don’t care how many people I hurt, I don’t care how much this will ruin my life... It helps me get through each day and lets me live to see the next.

Until tonight.

Tonight will be the end.

I smile darkly when I see the blood pulsing from my arm.

I severed the artery.

Everything is falling into place.

Until I feel the tight hold that could only come from him. The only person I would ever want to see in this situation. He pulls my from the stream, releasing my briefly to pull off his jacket and wrap me in it before pulling me into his arms again as promptly, it begins to rain.

“Don’t you give up! Don’t you leave me!” He gasped over the rain and thunder, flashes of lightning illuminating the horrible picture before him that is me at my lowest.

“I-I can’t... No more...” I whisper, not sure if he can hear me at all.

“Yes you can! You can do this!” He cried and I feel his warm tears fall onto my forehead and cheeks. “Remember what he said! Remember what he said!”

“What did he say?” I whisper as my eyes drift shut.

“They’ll never hurt you! He won’t let them hurt you!”

“Won’t let who hurt me?” I’m beginning to feel light-headed.

“The vampires! He swore vampires would never hurt you!” He cried. “He has to keep that promise!”

“But vampires didn’t hurt me... I did...”

“That doesn’t matter! No one’s ever gonna take anything from you! Especially not your life!” I felt him shift and I heard him scream into the sky. “You can’t have her! She’s ours!”

“Help me then... Save me...” I whisper before I lose consciousness.

*

I feel cold when I wake. Everything feels strange; the surface beneath me is uncomfortable, I’m covered in sweat, it smells like bleach, my arms and head hurt. Where is he?

“I kept my promise.”

His strong and firm yet reassuring voice. What promise did he keep? I can’t remember any promise. I blink to clear my vision and look up at him.

“What are you talking about?” I rasp before coughing slightly.

“You told me to save you so I did... I didn’t want to lose you...”

I nod before I let my tired state of mind take over and I fall asleep, his slight smile the last thing in my mind.

So what did you guys think about this?? Who can tell me who the musician is that they're talking about? Free virtual cookie for anyone who tells me! Thanks for reading anyway, hope you liked it - C_R
Sign up to rate and review this story