Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Lucian, M.D.

Cabin

by GalacticFTW 0 reviews

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-10-02 - Updated: 2009-10-02 - 1208 words

0Unrated
Chapter 69

I waited ‘till Cynthia woke up. Barry and Gabby were happily making out (the best way they could – somehow I think maybe they might have seen us make out). “Damn she sleeps a lot…,” I mumbled.

“I heard that!” She opened her eyes and glared at me (in a sarcastic manner?). “Oh well, now that we’re awake, should we find a way out of here?”

I nodded. “Yeah sure…” I then heard something I did not want to hear… a deep growling sound. “What was that…?” I gulped.

“I don’t k-know…,” she stuttered slightly. We both looked around and couldn’t see anything. But it probably shouldn’t be something we’d shrug off… “Return everyone, except Gabby,” she did what she said. I did the same except Storic.

“Will you promise to protect us?” We both said.

“Yes,” they both replied. We nodded at them.

“So how do I get this on again?” I asked Cynthia and stuck my tongue out.

“You know what! How about you don’t put it on?” She replied. I nodded and sighed. I just put the normal clothes that I would really have on. I turned around for about a minute.

“DAMN!!! Once again, you’re ‘so damn fast’!” I smirked at her. She nearly pushed me into the water. “Hey! Easy with my hands there! There are mine you know,” I stuck my tongue out. “Anyways, enough with the sarcasm – we need to find a way out of here!”

She nodded. “Yeah, we do need to find a way, but how?”

“Look,” I pointed up to the ceiling on the cave – it looked quite dark from our point of view but my sharp eyes soon got used to it. “We need to get up there somehow. It could be our only way out. I sure as hell don’t want to get wet again.”

“Hey! I see what you’re looking at!” She grinned. “Gabby, Storic, we’re going to need your help of course.”

“Will do,” Gabby nodded.

“Yes ma’am,” Storic said kindly. “Anyways… I hate to ask but what happened to you two?” He eyed us.

“I’m wondering the same thing,” Gabby cocked her head.

We shrugged. “Well, the best I can explain it is, our bodies somehow swapped. Anyways, can we go now please?” I asked.

“Yes!” They both said. I jumped onto Storic and she jumped onto Gabby.

“Damn, no offence Cynthia but you’re heavy!” Gabby complained.

“Oh dear… want to trade places Lucian?” She asked. I nodded and we switched spots.

“Better, Gabby?” I asked. She nodded. “Good.” They began to ascend into the ceiling of the cave, turned a corner and landed on a flat surface.

“We should be careful of holes. Mind if we ride you?” Cynthia asked. I nodded.

“Not a problem!” Storic smiled.

“Not at all!” Gabby agreed.

“Good!” I smiled. I looked up ahead and saw some light and snow falling through the hole in the ceiling. “Look!” I pointed. “I see light and snow!” I grinned.

“Yes! Awesome!” Cynthia grinned. The two dragons nodded and flew/glided to the hole in the ceiling. The snow was coming down gently and melting on our steaming clothes. “Wow… so beautiful,” she said while getting off. “Here’s the poke ball,” she handed it to me.

“Thank you. Return Storic,” I smiled. I gave Gabby’s poke ball back to her.

She smiled a “thank you” and returned Gabby. “Let’s continue going this way!” She pointed.

“Yes,” I nodded. We continued to walk until the wind picked up. The snow was up to our waists. “Ugh… we’ve only been walking for 45 minutes and the snow is already getting to me,” I could see my breath – it looked as if it was freezing! “Wow… my breath… looks as if it’s going to freeze!” I blinked. I squinted because I saw something in the background. “Say… what’s that?” I pointed.

“Looks like…”

“A CABIN!” We both said. We started to run there as fast as possible; despite the snow being three plus feet deep… plus our boots make it worse. We went up to the door and I knocked…

…No answer…

I tried again…

…No answer…! “I guess no one’s here?” I opened the door! It was unlocked! We stomped our boots before fully going in. “No one is here…,” I looked around the room. Cynthia was quiet, as usual. We took off our boots.

“You’re right…,” she finally said. “I wonder if it’s possible that the heater works…?”

“There isn’t a heater… but there is some matches and a fireplace,” I looked at the mantle above the fireplace. “There is a danger though… burning a fireplace without cleaning it out…”

“True… want me to look and see if it’s OK?” She asked.

“Hmm… I suppose you could but that might not help,” I then see something odd in the corner near a small kitchen. I walked up to it. “Potatoes?” I picked up the bag. “Potatoes! That’s it! – We can burn the potato skins!” I grinned.

“Oh my… God! WOW! That’s an excellent idea!” She grinned back. I got my switchblade out of my pocket and cut open the bag… I then began to peel the potato skins and tossing them into the fireplace. I then lit a match and threw it into the fire. We watched the creosote fall from the fireplace.

“It’s working!” I smiled. “We can keep ourselves warm!”

“Are those potatoes still good… I wonder?” She said sarcastically. I looked at the bag.

“It says ‘Dec. 10, 2009,” I shrugged. “Maybe they are?” I then thought about the flavour they have when raw. “They aren’t very good when raw though.”

“We need a way to cook them,” she got up and went to the kitchen. “Hey! I found a pan!” She came back into the room and showed me.

“Good!” I got up. I saw a sink in the kitchen. “We’ll need to cook them on the fire, though,” I thought out loud. She looked at me funny. “Sorry, thinking out loud.”

“Oh! That’s no problem at all,” she smiled. She so quiet… she sighed quietly. I carefully cut the potatoes and put them into a pot full of water – I then placed it over the fire and we waited for them to boil.

“You know what? I’m surprised the water lines out here actually work. Makes me wonder if someone lives here…?”

“I’m surprised too!” She looked at me. We both perked up because we heard something outside.

“What was that?!” We both said. It sounded like a gurgling sound coming from somewhere in the cabin…

“There it goes again…,” I mumbled. It gurgled again. We didn’t say anything this time. (A/N: Sounds a bit like the Velociraptor in Jurassic Park.)

…It soon stopped and we ate the potatoes despite not having seasonings on it (couldn’t find anything…).

We accidentally fell asleep due to tiredness…

…I had a weird dream again!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: You probably hate me now for the cliffhanger! :P Sorry it’s so short… in a hurry to get it done.
Sign up to rate and review this story