Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Lucian, M.D.

Injection and Seizures

by GalacticFTW 0 reviews

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-10-03 - Updated: 2009-10-03 - 1434 words

0Unrated
Chapter 97

“What are we going to tell Flint…?” I sighed, looking at Cynthia. She scowled and sighed heavily. I had only two ideas – maybe her parents adopted him? – Or maybe they were cousins or she’s his half-brother? The kids were really quiet after I said this, but Liza was shocked and Aaron was really drowsy, but a bit shocked. (I needed to get more medicine for him…)

“It’s already 5 PM,” Cynthia noted. “Wow how time flies!”

“I know!” I blinked. “Wow!”

“I’m bored…,” Crina yawned.

“So am I,” Rex yawned, too.

“Me, too,” Lexi did the same. Oh God… it’s so addicting….!

“Well,” I yawned. Ugh. “Who wants to look at cadavers?” I grinned.

“Ooh… that sounds fun!” Rex grinned.

“You mean dead people…?” Crina cringed.

“Umm…,” Lexi looked at me funny.

“Sounds interesting,” Liza grinned slightly. She looked at Aaron. “He doesn’t look too good.”

“I know, I need to give him a refill on his medicine,” I replied. “Even though it doesn’t work as well as injectable testosterone via intravenous. I just read that oral medicine for hypogonadism is absorbed by the liver. I forgot to mention that,” I shook him. “Aaron?”

“Huh…,” he said groggily.

“Wake up; you’re not going to be sleepy tonight.”

“Hmm…,” he replied groggily.

“Come with me, I want you to come and get some testosterone, OK?” I smiled.

“OK,” he nodded and got up. He looked like a zombie that hadn’t slept in a long time.

“Are you OK?” I scratched my head. “See ya later guys,” I waved.

“Bye!” They all replied while waving. I walked off and made sure that he didn’t accidentally fall down from being so tired. He was anemic, I could tell. We walked down the winding halls… it’s annoying at first, but now I’m used to it. I could still smell blood… it smelt too irony for me… I could also smell human waste too… now that reeks more than blood. We then walked up a couple flights of stairs… which were long. Poor Aaron… he was sleepwalking pretty much.

“We’re here Aaron,” I patted him on the back.

“Hurray…,” he said sarcastically.

“Cheer up; I’ll be right back, alright? Sit right there, please,” I pointed to the seat.

“OK…,” he replied and I walked off to where they keep all the medicine. I looked for a few minutes and finally found it: Oxandrin.

“It’s oral…? That weird…,” I mumbled. I looked around to see if there were any more. I had finally found something that could possibly work: Nandrolone. Now Nandrolone can be abused if taken improperly (then again, any steroid can); but when it’s prescription, I could give it to anyone. “This is an intramuscular injection…,” I mused. Intramuscular means it’s injected directly into a muscle. I looked for a syringe and found one. I walked back to Aaron… he didn’t look so good.

“Hi Aaron,” I patted him on the back again. “This is going to hurt,” I showed him the syringe – was huge and very sharp… his eyes widened as large as saucers. “Here,” I gave him one of those popsicle sticks (I have no idea what they’re called). “Bite down on this, OK? It’s the best thing I have you can bite on if you’re in pain,” I stabbed the bottle with the syringe and injected about 0.4 mililitres of the drug. “You might want to take off your shirt, please.” He did just that. “Thanks… now bite down, OK?” I then found a good spot to inject him with it and he bit down on the stick hard… I could hear it crunch. The injection went smoothly.

“Ahh…!!!” He groaned, almost screaming. I took the needle out.

“All done, you alright…?” I rubbed some alcohol where I injected it.

“That… hurt…,” he collapsed from the pain. I sighed. I threw the syringe away.

“Oh well,” I tried to smile. “You stay here, alright?” I was just about to leave when Dirk appeared.

“You have a case,” he said.

“Oh? Really…? Awesome, let me see!” I grinned. He handed a clipboard to me. “Oh…,” I read. “…This is interesting. This patient says he has reoccurring phantom pain and has no idea why…,” I thought out loud. I smiled. “Great, be there in a few minutes.” He nodded and walked off. “Aaron, wake up,” I shook him. He groaned groggily and woke up.

“Huh…”

“Come to my office, so you can sleep better there,” I replied.

“OK…,” he nodded and got off. He put his shirt back on. I smiled and helped him walk back to my office. I decided to take the elevator instead, for his sake (even though it’s usually crowded). We then walked passed a few winding halls and finally made it back. I noticed that everyone seemed to be playing “20 questions.” I love this game… but I didn’t have enough time to play.

“Hey guys!” I grinned and Aaron went back to slumping in one of the chairs and fell asleep.

“Hey!” Everyone replied.

“He did amazingly well for someone who had to do a intramuscular injection,” I patted his head.

“Well, good,” Cynthia replied.

“What’s an intramuscular injection?” Liza asked. I looked at her… I swear every time I look at her, she’s getting bigger…

“It is an injection of drugs via straight through to the muscles,” I replied.

Cynthia nodded, “I was going to say that!” She chuckled.

“Aaron,” I tapped his head. “Why not show your scar?” I said sarcastically. He just groaned. “Poor thing is dead as a dog. Anyways, I got a new case… Cynthia? Would you like to join me?”

“Sure thing – I’m curious!” She got up.

“Bye!” We both said in unison. “Psych!”

“Bye!” The others said. We both happily walked to where the patient was… he wasn’t too far from where my office was. We both walked to see that he was seizing…

“Why does this always happen to me?!” I groaned. “I need some Lorazepam, stat!” I called. Cynthia nodded and went to look for some. She pulled some out of a drawer and I injected it into him. He stopped seizing and we both sighed in relief. We both collapsed in the chairs that were beside the bed; and both sighed.

“What now? This patient really is distress... he is missing his arm. And who knows how much pain he will be in once the drugs wear off... come on, let’s go to your office and review what he could possibly have,” she sighed. I got up and looked in a drawer – I happened to have found a whiteboard with a dry erase marker!

“No need to,” I smiled and started scribbling on the board. I wrote, “phantom pain/seizing”.

“We need to see his records... to see if there are any more diseases he might possibly have,” she nodded.

“Great idea...,” I picked up the clipboard. “He has had a history of narcolepsy and a drug overdoes that almost killed him! And how he lost his arm... it was an Arcanine that was trying to protect its young... I don’t get why people do that...,” I sighed. “Let’s call it a night... I’m really sleepy,” I looked at a clock on one of the tables... it was already 8 PM. “Time sure does fly.”

“It does... and yes, let’s go home,” she sighed forcibly. We both got up and went back to my office. “Come on guys, let’s go home,” she said to everyone. They all nodded and went back home. We all looked in the backyard to see that everyone had fainted... except Gabby.

“Whoa what happened?!” We all blurted.

“We were all bored so we decided just to battle each other,” Gabby replied.

“I don’t feel good...,” Barry opened one eye.

“I should have gotten a better job...,” I scratched the back of my head. “Come on in guys, come rest. Tomorrow, I’ll ask my boss if I can get some time off for a week. And besides, we haven’t been to the Pokemon league in awhile now...”

“Great idea honey,” she smiled. We all returned them to their poke balls and went to bed. I was exhausted, despite it being only 8 o’clock. Cynthia and I fell asleep instantly. As usual, I had to wake up in the middle of the night to push her off of me... I sighed and fell back asleep...

...TBC...
Sign up to rate and review this story