Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Still Crunching Your Lifeline

Part Three

by ironandstardust 2 reviews

Frank confuses Kaye with a question and a surprise.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2009-10-11 - Updated: 2009-10-11 - 1101 words

0Unrated
Upon being far enough way from the party, Kaye slowed her pace. Her breathing was quick and she put the butterflies she felt down to being incredibly physically unfit.

“I need to do more exercise,” she muttered to herself. She then laughed out loud, knowing full well it wouldn't happen. Sports felt ugly to her, the body heating up, muscles aching, all the sweating. Bleurgh.

She shoved her hands into her pockets, sighing, trying to clear her head.

Once she had walked up to the old, creaky house that was her home, she crept inside, trying to be as quiet as she could. She tip-toed up to her room, which was up in the attic.

She opened her door and collapsed onto her bed and sleep stole over, hurling her into a tangle of strange dreams.


Kaye was looking into Frank's bright eyes, a giddy feeling blooming in her chest, butterflies filling her stomach. He smiled that adorably mischievous smile of his. He leaned down, his eyes roaming her face, then resting finally on her lips.

He closed his eyes, their lips meeting.


Kaye started in her sleep, waking up. She blinked in the morning light.

“What the crap is happening to me?” she asked of her empty room. That's when she felt the first dull ache in her head, the queasy feeling in her stomach. She groaned to herself.

'At least it's Saturday', she thought.

As she was getting out of bed her phone began ringing. It was Gerard.

She picked it up. “Hey.”

“Morning, Kaye,” a sleepy sounding Gerard answered.

“Hangover?” she asked. The less words to speak the better, really. Less effort and stabs of pain to the head that way.

“Yep. You?”

“Mhmm.” She sighed. “Subway?” Her remedy to these blasted hangovers was Subway. And lots of water.

“Yeah, alright. I'll meet you there in 20 minutes?”

“Ok.”

*

The next day was to be spent lounging about in the Way's den. Kaye insisted they watch Silence of the Lambs, a film she had watched a million times over but still enjoyed. Gerard and Mikey conceded, knowing full well she was a bit stubborn and would not relent. She hugged them and flashed a smile she hoped would appear cute and sat down to watch the film.

Later in the day Ray joined them and later still, Frank did too, much to Kaye's dismay. She still remembered the dream with rather frightening clarity. You were to supposed to forget most dreams weren't you?

She avoided looking at him even more than she usually would.

Frank had brought the booze and so of course after dark had properly fallen they had all already had a fair bit to drink. Kaye briefly wondered why they insisted on doing this rather routine group thing when they had only just recovered from Friday night. She then wondered why she thought it would have ever stopped them. She giggled to herself, feeling utterly comfortable sitting in one of the worn and comfy armchairs.

“Well, I've got to go tinkle,” she said, hauling her little frame up.

“How charming of you to share that with all of us,” Ray said, laughing.

“You love it,” she said over her shoulder, heading towards the toilet.

After finishing relieving herself, she unlocked the toilet door, swung it open and promptly bumped into Frank.

“What the heck!” she yelped. She met his eyes. Her heart had picked up it's speed, which she put down to be due to Frank surprising her, of course.

She tried to get past him but he blocked her way and wouldn't move.

“Frank, get the hell out of my way,” she said angrily. She didn't want to meet his eyes but what he said next made her eyes shoot up to his face by their own volition.

“Why do you hate me so much, Kaye?” His eyes looked searching, the overhead light throwing eerie shadows across his face. He looked strange to her. She couldn't pinpoint the expression on his face, but she knew for certain it wasn't one she could remember ever seeing on Frank.

“What?” she said stupidly. The sentence seemed strange coming from him.

“Why do you hate me so much?” he repeated.

“Are you seriously asking me this?”

“Yes.”

She glowered at him. “Get out of my way, Iero.”

Amazingly he stepped closer. Apparently she wasn't as intimidating as she once thought. She made a mental note to work on that.

“The thing is, Kaye...I like you. And I always have.”

She laughed out loud. She couldn't help herself. “Frank, you're drunk. Or high. Or both. In any case, you have no idea what you're saying or who you're saying it to. Now if you would kindly get out of my wa--”

Before she could finish the sentence, he had pulled her closer and kissed her, gently at first then in a slightly more desperate fashion, as if there was something in her he craved.

Naturally Kaye was furious. So why wasn't she pulling away? She found herself frozen at first then falling into it and kissing him back. She felt a sense of deja-vu before the dreams she kept having flooded back to her. Somewhere in the back of her mind she felt like the dreams were nothing compared to the real thing. She had kissed other people before, fooled around a little but this was...different somehow.

'It's different because you hate this guy's guts. You think he's scum, remember? ' an angry voice in her head reminded her. Her face flushed as she came to her senses, pushing Frank away. She didn't wait to see the expression on his face. She dashed to the front door, grabbing her jacket, yanked it on and ran out of the house, slamming the door behind her.

As she walked home as quickly as she could, she remembered thinking she felt as if he was craving something as he kissed her.

'As if he'd need anything from me. Except possibly to be one of his quick fucks.' she thought, scolding herself for the weird moment of weakness she had.

The cold night air cooled her burning cheeks and with each step away from Frank she took, she began to feel a little calmer. But nothing it seemed was taking away what it felt to have Frank kiss her. As much as she hated to admit it, the kiss was nice, exciting. She had felt a tickle in her stomach, the feeling extending up through her chest down to her crotch.

She felt disgusted with herself.
Sign up to rate and review this story