Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > Ghosts in the Machine.

THE ARRIVAL

by Ranger1 0 reviews

READ to FIND OUT!

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: R - Genres: Romance,Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] [X] [?] - Published: 2009-10-14 - Updated: 2009-10-14 - 1219 words

0Unrated


CHAPTER 2

THE ARRIVAL







Wet... sticky...on my.....chest.....blood?I awoke to find Mayaa drooling on my chest....as usual. She and I have been dating for 8 months, and her sister Yuki doesn't like us living together, but Idon't really care. She has been living with me in my bunk for a month now and Iam still getting use to her. At any rate it was time for the debriefing by the LT.Commander. It was goanna be a long morning. I moved Mayaa, witch was a bad because she latched on to me, again I tried to move her and she held tighter...now I was mad...but what could I do? Then it hit me. What had happened last night? I looked around to see what remained of last night. Vodka bottles, whiskey, wine coolers. It was a party, but for what? Mayaa woke up, looking at me.





"Wow what a party!" Mayaa said recalling the evening.



"What happened......I don't remember" I said trying to remember.



"What! You don't remember......that's it! No more vodka for you!" she said half joking half serious.



"Jack and Yuki are getting hitched!" Mayaa said laughing.



I blacked out, feeling a sharp pain in my skull.





I herded something faint.



"CLEAR!!!!"



"OH DEAR GOD....WHAT HAPPENED!" I yelled.



Realizing I just got defibrillated.

Mayaa could not stop laughing at me, she just kept going.

Just then my brother came into the room.



"Are you sure?" I said to him.



"What...oh yes! I am sure" trying to remember him self

"What are you guys talking about" Yuki said looking quite smug

She said under her breath to Jack"I loved last night"



I blacked out again.



"CLEAR!"



I came up gasping for air.

"Let's go!" I said still trying to catch my breath.

"For what?" blurted Mayaa

"For the debriefing" I retorted.







We got to the FOX Squad briefing room 20 minutes before the meeting was to start. Two guards from COBRA Squad stood by the door. They stood at attention.



"LT.Commander Mamad is waiting for you in the briefing room, one of your squad mates are already in there, go on through." Spoke one of the guards.



This was a surprise! The Commander was never early, only right on time. The briefing started at 07:30 on the dot, but it was only 07:00, and who was the teammate that the guard was talking about. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks, or Mayaa hitting up side my head with a baseball bat, really, Mayaa hitting me up side my head with a baseball bat. New guy. We walk through the door, down a flight of stairs into the briefing room, just as the guard said both the major and the new guy where in the briefing room.



Well you're here, good lets start the meeting!" rang the Commander in a good mood

"As you are a where we have a spy in the GDC and that spy leaked Intel to the enemy about operation moonlight sonata. We are trying to find the spy as we speak and will execute on site! As for DELTA squad they never made it to their drop ship." She said grievingly.

"This unit is to stand down and go get some well disserved R&R is that understood "Lieutenant" Valentine!"She said with a smirk on his face



I stood at attention



"What!?!?!" I said confused.

You have been promoted to the rank of Second Lieutenant effective as of now.

"SIR, YES, SIR! FOX SQUAD GOING TO STAND BY STATUS, SIR!"

"If you don't mind me asking sir, for what reasons are we going to standby?" I asked



The major looked at me then at the rest of the squad, and then looked back at me.



"Fox squad may be dissolved from the GDC, only time will tell" "I am sorry." she Said with a sad face.

"Oh by the way this is Corporal JESSY-X. He just came down from R&D." the major Boasted. Standing at 5foot' six inch, looking like he was only 17, standing next to the Commander.



"Sir, R&D, sir?" I said in confusion.



"Yes he's an android." The Commander said with a smile on his face.



"Uh......an.....android huh? Wow." I was in total shock.

"Does he speak? Mayaa opened her mouth.





"Yes. I do talk."

He looked at matt and said something I will never forget.



Hey there cutie, How do you like it?" he said winking at Matt.



Matt was shocked. So was the rest of the squad.



"WHAT THE HELL!" Yelled Matt.



"Well...it still has a few bugs that have to be worked out." Said the Commander



"S-So what does 'JESSY-X' stand for?" asked matt.



"Nothing....it just his name." said the major.



"Oh.....ok."Matt looked disappointed, expediting some super complex name



"Well that's all, dismissed!"



The Commander left the room, heading to the war room no doubt.

Anyway we had some time off....time for video games!





Back at FOX Squad Quarters, I walk over to my pc and turn it on, boots up in one second and I am ready to go.

"It's you and me time" Mayaa said looking crazed



"But!..." I was about to say.



"NO BUTS! NOW COME HERE!" she yelled and jumped on me.







2 hours later.......





See I told you would like that. Mayaa said braggingly



So you where right dear ...now what?Saying between breathes.



Ummmm......you want to go again? Mayaa said whispering in my ear.



Baby! I am not from Havana! Anyway I have to go and speak to the Commander.





Getting up, I grabbed my uniform and armor.

I walked out the door, down the hall to a comms room, I could hear voices talking, and one caught my attention.



"HQ, this is DELTA 4, requesting EVAC, over?"



One of the DELTA boys was alive!?

I ran over to the radio, grabbing the microphone away from the operator.



DELTA 4, this is FOX 1, do you copy?

Roger that FOX 1, I hear loud and clear! It good to hear form some one I know! Over?

Hold on DELTA 4, backup is on the way! Over and out!







Leaving the comms room I ran strait to the Commanders office near the briefing room.



Arriving at an oak wood door with a brass name plate, it read LT.Commander S.Mamad, Chief of Special Operations

I knocked on the door.



"Come in!" called a faint voice.



I opened the oak door, and entered the room. Sitting at mahogany desk was the Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Tippy Davidson, the Admiral of the Fleet, Admiral Jack Kikrs and Commander Mamad.



"Oh, Lieutenant Valentine. What a present surprise. Sit down and join us. Would you care for some 40 year old whisky?"spoke the Commander, she was sucking up to the Admirals.



Admiral Davidson turned to look at me.



"Ah, Lieutenant Valentine, the Commander speaks highly of you. Are you and your team up for another assignment?"



"Well sir, I just came from comm. Room#4 and I just been told that a member of delta squad is still alive!"



The expression on Commander Mamad's face changed from happy, to a very serious and stern.



"Well, you know what to do Lieutenant, and remember, your other orders still stand."



"Yes Sir!"



^_^ o_O >_
Sign up to rate and review this story