Categories > Books > Vampire Kisses > Golden

Golden

by scarsandstories93 0 reviews

To sum it up, this is just a piece that is kinda an excerpt of the entire thing; I do plan on writing more to it, but here's just a little piece.

Category: Vampire Kisses - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2008-11-26 - Updated: 2008-11-26 - 775 words

1Ambiance
Golden: A Vampire Story

“Lyla, I’m going to have to ask you to stop cutting.”
“James, you know I can’t do that.” James sighed and held onto Lyla’s scar-covered wrists, squeezing them tightly. He was a vampire, and he did love Lyla, but he didn’t know how long he could go on before he bit her. The fact that she was a cutter with a sweet blood scent didn’t help any.
“You’re going to have to try. Please, I don’t want to hurt you.” She tried to look away, to avoid his stare, to stop the tears from rolling down her face, but he forced her bright blue eyes to look into his own dark blue set. The salty tears flowed down her face.
“Lyla, promise me you’ll stop.” he said with a straight face, seriousness in his eyes. She calmed herself, and reluctantly agreed. Afterwards, James went around her room to gather her blades. As he found each one, he placed them in a box of Lyla’s, one that he was going to keep the key for. He could tell what she used, for the smell of her divine blood would be on them, even though she had rubbed it off. He found the last one he possibly could (there were 12 in all), and sat next to Lyla on her bed.
James wrapped his arms around her, keeping her close and laid back on the bed. He could smell the wounds from the previous night, as Lyla picked at them during the day.
They stayed together for awhile, Lyla wanting to advance their relationship and James just hoping she fell asleep. The time decided for them. Lyla’s digital clock was glowing, the numbers 12:00AM. The couple looked at each other.
“James, you know how much it would mean to me---” He kissed the top of her head.
“I know, Lyla. I just don’t think we should risk you getting hurt. You’re clearly hurt enough.” They both gazed down at her wrists, and she turned away from him, holding back sobs that would surely wake her parents. James held her close to him, putting his lips to her neck. She smiled.
“How bad is it? Your lust for me, I mean.” Lyla turned to face him, pressing her lips to his and wrapping her arms around him.
“Bad enough to risk my safety. Please, James. I’ve never felt this strongly about anyone before. From the first time we kissed, I knew I’d lose myself to you.” He smiled at her, and kissed her back, running his tongue across hers. Soon James was leaning over her, his hands under her shirt and trying to pull it over her head. Lyla had her hands in his long and thick dark red hair, running the softness through her fingers.
Eventually they managed to throw their shirts on the floor, the two pairs of pants weren’t all that far behind. James held his hands on her bra clasp.
“Lyla, are you sure you still want to go through with this?” She smiled at him and wrapped her arms around his neck.
“I’m sure, James. Completely sure.” And with that, he unhooked her navy blue B, slid the straps down her shoulders (she had let go of his neck), and began kissing her passionately after the bra had joined the clothing on the floor. Very soon after that, they were wearing nothing at all; just skin touching skin.
For the next ten minutes, it was sweet, sweet love…
Afterwards, when James had wrapped Lyla in his arms and she was on the verge of slumber, he tried to sneak out of her room, for it was almost time for him to leave without his parents noticing his disappearance. Lyla held him back.
“Sweetie, you know I have to go before light.” He stroked her dirty blonde hair.
“I know, but please, just stay until I fall asleep.” Lyla was on the verge of tears, and he knew it. James climbed back into bed next to her, wrapping his warm arms around her cold body. He pressed his lips to a spot between her neck and shoulder; the changing spot. James moaned (which caused Lyla to smile) as he sensed her sacred blood pulsing in the veins under her pale skin, but he didn’t dare sink his teeth in her. At least, not right then.
He pulled her closer to him, putting his lips close to her ear.
“I love you, Lyla.” She continued smiling, and she shut her eyes.
“I love you, too.”
Sign up to rate and review this story