Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Me Dead

13

by Lauren-xo 0 reviews

13

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2009-11-09 - Updated: 2009-11-09 - 1367 words - Complete

0Unrated
When I went back to the table, Tom, Delilah and Suzanne were all curious as to what Gerard had just talked to me about. I just told them it was nothing, he just wanted to make sure I was actually going to get to class on time today. The looks on their faces told me they didn't buy it, but asked no more. I couldn't tell them that I was hoping to find out about his past, they would think I'm crazy, and would probably think I had some sort of obsession with him.

As my friends had bought their own lunch at the canteen, Tom and Delilah decided to take the trays back, leaving me alone with Suzanne. I could tell she was nervous about being with me, maybe she thought I was going to lecture her, and threaten to tell Tom if she didn't. Of course, I would never do that to her.

As I racked my brains for something to start the conversation, she moved along into Tom's seat and looked at me through worried eyes, "Please don't tell Tom." She whispered.

I felt bad for her. She must be fifteen, maybe sixteen, and could be pregnant with a guy who cared nothing for her as the father. She must be really scared, and probably felt alone, "I won't tell anyone." I promised.

She smiled weakly and thanked me, "No problem. Do you know for sure if you're pregnant?" I asked. I knew it was none of my business, but I wanted her to know that she could trust me.

Suzanne looked away and stared at a piece of pizza that had been left on the floor by someone, "I bought like... four tests the other day. You should have seen the girl who works their, she must have thought I was crazy." She laughed softly, "But uh... I'm too scared to take them. I'm scared they're gonna come back positive."

I could see the tears well up in her eyes. Instantly, I embraced her in a comforting hug, "Hey, it'll be okay. If you want, I'll be there with you when you do it. You don't have to do this on your own."

She held on to me tighter, letting her tears run free, "Thank you so much. You really don't have to though."

I shook my head, "No, I want to. This must be so horrible for you." She pulled away from me and wiped away her tears, "Do you know what you're gonna do if you are...?"

She nodded sadly, "I don't want to, but I know that my mom would pretty much force me to have an abortion. Even if she supported me, I know Tom would want me to get rid of it. But I couldn't do that." More tears escaped her green eyes, "I'd have to give it up for adoption. There's no way I'd be able to raise a child on my own. Tom would hate me."

I shook my head once more, "He wouldn't hate you. He'd hate the fucker that did this to you. I heard he wasn't such a nice guy. I'm sorry... I'll help you with this. And if you are... you have to let Tom know. He's your brother, I'm sure he cares a lot about you."

She smiled, "Yeah, I guess you're right. Thank you Sam. I've only known you for about an hour, but I think we're gonna be great friends." She hugged me again just as the bell went, "Come with me to the girls bathroom?" She asked with hopeful eyes, "I brought the tests with me..."

I nodded, "Of course I will. Come on." We made our way through all the people that were going in the opposite direction to us. There was way to many people in this school, I kept getting squished by everyone.

We made our way to the bathroom near the History block. Suzanne said that people don't normally use these ones. I understood that she didn't want any to come in while a small stick was deciding on her future.

As she said, it was empty in here, and I could see why people don't use them. It was disgusting in here. Balls of wet toilet paper was thrown against the walls and the ceiling. Writing was all on the walls, rumor notes. The color was a sick orange color. I didn't think a girls bathroom could look so horrible.

I waited patiently as Suzanne set her bag by the sinks and got out all four tests, each different from each other, "I'll just... go in here. Please don't leave."

I grabbed her in a hug again, "I promise I'll stay right here. I'll be right on the other side of the cubicle door okay?" She nodded and went into the most clean cubicle out of the four and locked the door.

A couple of minutes later, she came out with a tear stained face. She had clearly been silently crying. I couldn't imagine how scared she must be. All that I could do, was be here for her.

She put the tests face down on the side and stood back, "How long do we have to wait?" I asked her.

She furrowed her eyebrows as if deep in thought, "Uh, two minutes for the first one, three minutes for the middle two and four minutes for the end one." Her voice was shaky and croaking.

I pulled her to me again, "Should we just wait four minutes then check them at the same time?" She nodded.

Four minutes may not seem long, but to Suzanne it was a life time. Each second must have felt like a decade to her. I would hate to be in her shoes right now. I felt so bad for her, this must be hard. But it must be harder knowing that the father doesn't give a crap.

Finally, after checking the time on my watch, four minutes was up. I slowly backed away from Suzanne, though she wouldn't fully let go of me. She held my hand tightly.

"Do you want me to check them?" I asked. She chewed on her hoodie sleeve and had her eyes closed, though a tear still passed. She nodded slowly and held my hand tighter.

I turned over the first test and picked up the box for it, finding out if it was positive for not. There were two blue lines, "Positive." I did the same with the second one. Two blue lines, "Positive." My hand was hurting, but I didn't care. The third one said the word 'pregnant'. I swallowed the lump in my throat, "Positive." Finally the fourth one, like it really needed looking at, "Positive."

My hand was released as Suzanne collapsed on the floor and started sobbing uncontrollably. I crouched down to help her calm down, but she wouldn't. For some reason, tears of my own ran freely from my eyes. I was scared for her, "Suzanne calm down please." She didn't. Instead her tightened her fists and started pounding the floor, screaming.

I grabbed her arms before she could any more damage to herself and wrapped my arms around her in a tight hug so she couldn't easily escape. She kind of went limp in my arms but continued crying. I cried with her.

"It'll be okay. It'll be okay." I kept repeating myself, trying to convince her. I knew now she had to tell Tom, but it was the right moment she had to find, and then she had the job of telling her parents. They couldn't be mad at her, she didn't mean for this to happen.

I didn't know how long ago it was she had slept with the father, and I hoped it wasn't too long ago in case she changed her mind about an abortion.

I didn't know how long we were in here for, but it seemed like forever until Suzanne finally calmed down. She was just hiccuping now.

Looking past all of this that had just happened, my mind couldn't help but say to me; You're gonna get in a lot of shit for being late to Art.
Sign up to rate and review this story