Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Vampire

48 Hours

by sickly_ill 2 reviews

“Is the man okay?” He questioned. I glanced at Michael.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2009-11-10 - Updated: 2009-11-11 - 2084 words - Complete

3Exciting
A/N: Sorry is all I can say.



Michael is right. I have less than 48 hours to find a new ruler for the vampires, before they come for Levi. Anxiety hit me again. Hard. What was I going to do? I didn’t know anybody who actually wanted this and was eligible enough. They need to be a hard ass, uptight, impatient, strict, smart and string. And I didn’t know anyone who was like that besides Master. He was the perfect ruler. Perfect in everyway, if I could just find someone like him and convince them to take over for him and I by tomorrow at midnight Levi would be safe. But that means they would have to be changed if they already aren’t. This is going to be difficult.
“We need someone like Master. He kept everyone in line. He was ruthless, smart, strong, never went back on his word.” I explained.
“Exactly. But where are we going to find someone like that?” Michael asked. We were on the couch thinking. It was at least two in the morning when Levi came out again.
“Mommy? Are you okay?” He walked up to the couch.
“Yeah, baby.” I lifted him up onto my lap. He leaned his head onto my chest.
“Is the man okay?” He questioned. I glanced at Michael. He just gave me a blank stare and a shrug.
“Yeah. He’s gonna be fine. He’s in eternal sleep.” I smiled down at Levi’s frown a he looked up at me. I kissed his forehead and brushed his hair as he leaned his head back on my chest.
“I’m sleepy.” Levi yawned. I just laughed.
“Then why didn’t you go to sleep?” I asked. I felt him shrug. I chuckled and swooped in up carrying him back to his bed. I tucked him in and turned out his light before heading to take a hot, steaming shower. And after that I got my pajamas on and threw my battered body on the bed. The angels have left by now. Thank God they are good people. They’ve really helped me. If only they could come up with a person to rule the vampires instead of me.
I felt Michael wrap his arms around me and I felt his hot breath on my neck. “Just close your eyes and sleep.” He whispered to me. I nodded and shut my eyes cutting out any light in the room. I finally fell hard into a deep sleep.

I woke up to a wave motion of my bed. The sheet beside me was cold. Michael wasn’t beside me anymore. Then I heard giggling. I groaned and heard Michael yell, “Levi! Let your mom sleep! Get off her bed!” His voice sounded distant.
“But it’s fun!” I felt more waves make my body jump.
“Stop and come eat your oatmeal!” Michael’s voice sounded angry and irritated.
“No!” Levi kept up his jumping.
“If you don’t stop it I’m going to take away your X-box!” I heard Michael threaten Levi. The wave motion stopped and I heard a small gasp.
“Okay! Okay! I’m coming! I’ll stop!” I heard the patter of feet fade away. I just giggled to myself and opened my eyes. My mind raced back to everything from yesterday. I jumped out of bed and dressed. I just brushed my hair and did my eyeliner. I ran into the dining room to spot Levi eating his oatmeal. “Hey, mommy.” He smiled and continued to eat his breakfast.
“Hey, baby.” I kissed the top of his head and ruffled his hair, then headed to the kitchen where I found Michael loading the dishes into the dishwasher. “Hey,” I whispered. He looked up and smiled.
“You’re up. I wasn’t expecting you to get up at all today.” He chuckled.
“Why?” I asked with a confused expression on my face.
“Well, you were freakishly exhausted last night. I just assumed you didn’t want to get up.” He shrugged.
“Why wouldn’t I? I still have to this about my little deal with Satan.” I rubbed my eyes.
“Want help?” Michael gripped my waist with his hands as he looked me square in the eye.
“No, I just want you to get Levi outside and out of my sight. I need to be alone. I don’t want to go off on him and hurt him.” I rubbed my head and frowned.
“Okay.” He nodded and kissed me before going into the dining room and convinced Levi to go see the animals at the zoo. He came back into the kitchen with a smug smile on his face. I just smiled and laughed shaking my head and pouring myself a cup of coffee. “And that is how it’s done, honey.” He smacked my butt and headed to get his coat on and get ready for his and Levi’s trip to the zoo. I just smiled and waited till they were gone to sit down on the couch and think.
Thinking is the hardest thing to do. Especially hard on my part. I would never ever choose someone to live a life they never intended to live. Be a part of a curse and be cursed themselves. No one in there right mind would want this life I am handing out. It’s full of pain and misery. Something humans only bear for quite sometime before things turn around and become bright; driving the darkness away.
In the middle of assorting names of the deceased and living there was a loud pounding produced on my door. I jumped out of my skin and turned to pure instinct. This person would cause no harm to me or my household. There were only two people who would come thrashing on my door. There was Michael and Alexander. I know it wasn’t Michael. He had a key, and that just left Xander.
I got up from my seat and ran to the door. I unlocked the door and threw it back to reveal a panting Xander. “I came over as soon as I heard the news.” He breathed. I was confused but decided to let him in.
“Come in.” I nodded. He just brushed past me and stalked to the couch. He took a deep breath and rubbed at his forehead in distress. “What is it? I can tell something’s up.” I sat.
“Hell yeah something’s up.” He nodded and I waited till he caught his breath for him to continue. “I’ll do it.”
“Do what?” I question. I had no idea what he was talking about.
“I’ll be the new ruler.” His words sent my mind in shock. Was he serious? No, he couldn’t be serious. But the look on his face advised otherwise.
“No! You can’t! I won’t let you do that.” I stood up abruptly.
“Yes, I am.” His words sunk in. “Phoenix,” He took my hands in his. “You’ve done so much for me since we’ve known each other. That first time we met. You helped me through every stage of change. I know you didn’t want to turn me, but you had no other choice. And I get that. Right now, I have no other choice.”
“Yes you do! You can not do this!”
“I need to do something for you. I’m paying you back.”
“What I did for you was something you can’t pay back with misery. I am not going to let you do this.” That was final. He wasn’t going to do this. He can’t! Throw away his life to safe mine.
“I’m trying to help you. Save your ass from a mark you’ll regret. Like getting a tattoo of a boyfriends name, then you break up and end up hating each other, but you still have the ink that reminds you everyday.” He explained.
“Well, it’s a nice gesture, but I’m not accepting it.”
“Yes you are.” I understood every word he was saying. Wanting to pay someone back for what they did to you. I’ve been there. It’s hard. Then when you finally have a good idea of a payment they don’t take it. I always hated that, but this was beyond the horizon.
“I won’t let you through your life away for me.”
“I’m not. I’ll come and visit. Once I’m in command I’ll turn things around. Steer them to the right place. I have the power. The only way they can over through me is death.”
“That’s a heavy price to pay for me.” Tears brimming my eyes. I finally made a decision. “Are you sure about this?” I asked.
“No.” He breathed.
“Just be careful.” I said. “And visit as often as you can, ‘kay?” I asked giggling trying to make light of the situation placed in my hands.
“I promise.” He gave me a grateful hug I would always remember.
“I love you.” I whispered into his ear.
“You don’t know how long I’ve waited to hear you say that.” I felt him smile. I just laughed. He pulled back and we both knew that this was for the best.
“We’ll both go to Satan and tell him at the stroke of twelve.” I stated as he nodded in agreement.

When Michael and Levi returned it was already lunch. Xander and I were seated on the couch talking and laughing. “Uncle Xander!” Levi exclaimed running toward Xander.
“Hey, buddy.” Xander embraced Levi in his giraffe hat, and big black binoculars dangling from his little neck.
Levi was lifted off the ground and spun around in the air. Finally Xander let go of Levi and out him down to the carpet. “What do you guys want for lunch?” I asked getting off the couch and heading to the kitchen.
“I was thinking about going out. Xander can come too. I saw some Mexican restaurant that is superb in food and service.” I heard Michael suggest coming from the living room.
“Okay. What do you think Levi?” I asked.
“I love Mexican food!” He proclaimed.
“How do you know that? You’ve never ingested it.” Xander and his big words spoke.
“I’m just assuming I’ll love it.” Levi remarked. I was shocked at his big vocabulary.
“Where did you learn that word?” I asked.
“Daddy gave me a book.” He said. I looked at Michael expectantly.
“The dictionary.” He whispered and I rolled my eyes.
The restaurant was wonderful. Great food and excellent service. And Levi was right. It ended up he loved Mexican food. I had almost forgot the taste of salsa, salt, cheese, any spices. I relived that feeling.

It’s 11:50 PM and I’m waiting till a minute before midnight to inform Satan of his new leader of the vampire clan. The minutes passed by like hours. It felt like an eternity till the clock struck 11:59 PM. “Let’s go.” I demanded Xander. He nodded and we both teleported to the fiery pits of hell where the devil himself was sitting on his throne of blood and sins. “Here is your new ruler.” I bellowed.
“What? No pleasant greeting?’ Satan asked.
“Not for you. You deserve none.” I hissed.
“Ouch. So cold even on the fire.” Satan laughed. “I’m glad you decided to join us again Alexander.” He averted the conversation to Xander.
“Glad to be here.”
“You and I both know that’s not true, so let’s cut the shit and get down to business. You are going to be ruler, but you will need to change. Are you willing to throw everything Phoenix has done for you away for power?’ He asked. I looked over at Xander.
“On one exception.” Xander stated. “I keep my wings.”
“Why do you want to keep your wings?”
“Wings signify my hard work in the sky. It’s that or no deal.” Xander said. Satan was considering the negotiation. “And I know you’re desperate to find someone since you’re too fucking lazy to get off your ass and do it.” Xander added. Dark confidence radiated off of him, and Satan loved it.
“You’re in. Good choice, Phoenix.” I felt a great weight lifted off my shoulders, but I felt that this night wasn’t over.
Sign up to rate and review this story