Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: Evolution > That Stupid School Project

September 11th: Confrontation

by IWCT 0 reviews

Rogue pulls an Evan. I'm so sorry!

Category: X-Men: Evolution - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Mystique,Rogue - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2009-11-21 - Updated: 2009-11-22 - 885 words

0Unrated
Author's Note: Arrrrgh! I can't believe I made Rogue pull an Evan. >.> So did not mean to. It was about here that writer's block was really stalling me, and I thought shaking things up would help. Yeah. Not so much. The last paragraph is cringe worthy.

~ ~ ~

“Well, I believe that it can be safe to say that you girls are all going to be failing physical education. This little debacle will not look good on your -- Miss Alder, stop rolling your eyes! -- college transcripts. As for you, Mr. Alvers, as this is the seventh fight this month, I believe a seven day suspension is in order -- not that the Jim-Bob School of Trucking will really care that you can’t even attain a GPA over negative two. As for you three -- that means you too, Miss Alder! --,” Principal Darkholme glared at the Goth, who had cast her eyes ceilingwards, again.

Rogue’s eyes moved back down to glare at Miss Darkholme as the door burst open.

“Essex, this had better be phenomenal to come in without knocking,” Raven Darkholme growled.

The chemistry teacher strode into the room, casting a disdainful glare at Amy and Riley. He held a group of papers in his white hand, and his face had almost no trace of his normal dark good humor. It did have quite a lot of trace of the diamond stain on his forehead, though. Dr. Essex was the kind of person who paled when he got angry, and since he was practically chalk white to begin with, the effect of the florid red diamond was sinister indeed.

“It is. I have just caught two students who were cheating in my class. In my class!” he seemed beside himself with anger, and his white lab coat rippled threateningly in the breeze from the open window.

“You have two of the culprits here, I see. Now call the office and have Miss Pryde sent up here. I want to see those three expelled!”

“I am the Principal here, not you, Essex,” Raven Darkholme stood up to her full height.
Even though Essex topped her by nearly four inches, her mahogany desk, and the copper nameplate, commanded authority and respect he dared not counter.

“You have not even shown me evidence of why I should expel these three, although Miss Smith and Miss Westcastle have highly recommended themselves to that action today.”

“You want proof? Here is your proof! The papers Miss Pryde wrote for them, due for tomorrow’s class!” Dr. Essex handed them over with an angry jab.

Principal Darkholme took them calmly, read them over, including Todd’s scrawl on the top margin of the papers.

“Miss Smith, Miss Westcastle, you are free to go to your lockers and pack your things. Tonight I will be calling your parents informing them of your indefinite suspension, and tomorrow you will receive the proper forms in the mail, along with a note telling you when you may come in front of the school board to state your case. On your way past the office, do not forget to have the secretary call Miss Pryde up here. Now leave,” Miss Darkholme turned to Dr. Essex, “This seems like a case of blackmail and bullying. I see no point in reprimanding Katherine. I will simply remind her of the options that she has should this situation ever occur again, and then contact both her parents and Xavier. Now that everything has been taken care of, from your perspective Dr. Essex, you may leave, too.”

The good doctor turned and strode out of the office in a swirl of lab coat, and in the fine tradition of the dramatic exit. Amy and Riley tried to follow suit, but it was rather lost on them and all they managed to do was look as if they were constipated.

Principal Darkholme turned back to the two remaining delinquents.

“This actually changes the situation, Mr. Alvers. However, if you ever again encounter a situation like this, tell an adult instead of taking matters into your own hands. Some advice to you: if you do not act like an avalanche about to come down on a couple of skiers you will not have to defend your fearsome reputation. It only ends up giving you more trouble. You are free to go. Miss Alder, on the other hand, is not.”

The Principal waited until she was certain that Lance had closed the door before turning to the rebellious Rogue.

“Marie, I thought that Irene was teaching you to respect people more --,” Raven began.

“Ah respect those who deserve respect, Miss Darkholme,” Rogue replied in her best icily polite Southern manner. “If mah conduct has not been tah yah likin’ then yah have every right tah upraid me. Unless, o’ course, yah’ve done somethin’ which doesn’t warrant respect.”

“Marie--,”

“Yes,” Rogue asked, for the sake of showing how superior she was when Raven did not end her sentence.

“Go to your class. The secretary will give you a note. I will call your guardian, the same as Riley, and Amy. Perhaps Irene will make you see reason.”

Rouge strode out, using the same amount of dramatic flair as Dr. Essex, and leaving Raven Darkholme alone in the office.
Sign up to rate and review this story