Categories > Cartoons > Fairly OddParents > Any Way for Payback?

Chapter 1: Familiar?

by unknown20troper 0 reviews

Timmy rubs Norm's lamp; Norm realizes that getting revenge on Timmy will be hard now that he lacks his fairies.

Category: Fairly OddParents - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Norm,Timmy Turner - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-11-29 - Updated: 2009-12-12 - 1019 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Fairly OddParents.

Author’s Note: On the Clichés thread, by Avoided Plots/Pairings, I meant Plots/Pairings that Don’t Exist But Should Exist. Sorry for the confusion! Constructive criticism is welcomed with open arms. If anyone is out of character, please tell me.

Chapter 1: Familiar?

Tim spotted the lamp. It seemed familiar, though he didn’t remember ever seeing such a lamp before. He rubbed it curiously.

Blue smoke spiraled out, and then cleared, revealing a genie. Tim could guess that easily, since he had seen movies about genies, and had heard a bit of mythology. He was accepting the existence of magic that easily? Tim shook his head, trying to make the world resemble reality.

However, the genie remained.

Norm recognized his master, despite the growth spurt, haircut and acne. Turner. Turner was his master. He groaned.

Then, he grinned malevolently and started looking around the room for Turner’s fairies. Nope, no fairies. No pink and green objects. Norm groaned. Without Turner’s fairies, he couldn’t get revenge on Turner, or escape his lamp. All his plans hinged on them.

Well then, he just needed to come up with different plans.

First, he had to get to know Turner. His interests, which he hadn’t even known much about when the kid was ten, had probably changed a lot since then. Now that Turner lacked fairies, Norm didn’t know what was important to him anymore.

Norm decided to introduce himself first, like he always did.

“I’m Norm the Genie and you’ve just got three wishes!”

“Norm? For some reason that name sounds familiar. I don’t know anyone else named Norm, do I?”

“You expect me to know? I’ve just met you,” Norm lied in response. “So, whaddya want to wish for?”

“Trixie Tang rejected me again,” replied Turner. “You wouldn’t know who she is, but dude, she’s hot.”

Norm groaned. Well, now he knew one thing hadn’t changed. Turner still liked Trixie.

Norm thought of a biting retort about Turner’s buckteeth, but kept silent. He’d never be able to find Turner’s new weaknesses if he got to a bad restart with him. He reluctantly softened his remark.

“You know, Turner, has it ever occurred to you that she might find your buckteeth unattractive?”

“Yeah, it has, but my parents used to use them for yardwork. They refused to let the dentist give me braces or a retainer – the dentist was uncaring too – so yeah…”

Well, that explanation was unexpected. Norm had thought Turner only refused because he didn’t want Norm to have even a small victory over him.

“Like what, were yard tools out of stock? For eighteen years?” queried Norm sardonically.

“I don’t think so. I guess my teeth were just more convenient. And cost less money.”

“Well, they’ve certainly busted your chances with the fairer sex,” replied Norm. “They don’t need your teeth anymore, do they?”

Norm knew that if Turner and Trixie got together, he’d have something to manipulate Turner with.

“Yeah, they don’t. Are you saying that should be my first wish?”

“Yeah,” replied Norm. “They’re really an eyestrain.”

“I wish my teeth were straight.”

GONG!

Turner’s teeth re-straightened.

Turner definitely looked better now that they were straight. However, that was one less thing to insult him about. Ah well. Norm was sure he could find new things to insult him about, once he knew him better. He decided not to compliment him though. Turner’s looks didn’t impress him yet.

“Do you think Trixie would like me now?”

“Nope, you have acne, and pink is a girl color,” replied Norm.

“My parents wanted a girl,” replied Turner bitterly.

Norm wanted to gibe Turner about his inability to buy clothes, but decided not to. In order for Turner to trust Norm with knowledge of what he liked and what was important to him, Turner probably had to like and trust him.

“Well, I guess that explains it,” replied Norm.

He knew that if Turner used his next two wishes on acne removal, and clothing changes, he would probably never be able to get revenge on him. Norm didn’t want to lose that, even if Turner wasn’t being mean to him now. However, he didn’t trust Turner with the ultimate control that telling him about wishing for three wishes would give him.

“So, I guess Trixie won’t ever want me then?”

“You’ll grow out of the acne in a few years, and the clothes: I assume you have money, right?” replied Norm, feeling appalled that in order to avoid giving Turner ultimate control, or end up with him running out of wishes, he had to reassure him.

“Yeah, I have money,” replied Turner. “A few years? I want her now.”

“Rephrase it, and I’ll grant,” replied Norm, figuring that if Turner wanted Trixie that badly, he could use her to get revenge on him.

“You think I have a chance with her?”

“With magic, yeah,” replied Norm.

“I’m not sure. What if I have something more important to wish for? Can I have more wishes?”

“You can wish for three more wishes,” replied Norm, knowing that Turner would be suspicious if he didn’t answer, and he wouldn’t get to know him well enough to know how to trick him.

“I can?” asked Turner.

“Yeah,” replied Norm bitterly. “Genie wishes have no rules.”

“Cool! I wish I had three more wishes!” shouted Turner.

Norm groaned. Turner was as heartless as ever. Telling him about his ability to grant more wishes would probably come back badly.

GONG!

“I wish my acne was gone, and that my clothes were cool and not pink.”

GONG!

Now that Turner’s acne was gone, and his clothes were cool and non-pink, Norm thought that he actually was starting to look okay. Not enough to impress him, but still…

“Would Trixe want me now?”

“Ask her yourself,” replied Norm.

Turner grinned, “Yeah, I will.”
Sign up to rate and review this story