Categories > Books > Harry Potter

Just For You

by Chelse 2 reviews

*Songfic* Harry helps Hermione cope with Ron's death after she finds an engagment ring on his dresser, obviously meant for her. Post-Hogwarts, set after final battle.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Hermione - Published: 2006-04-14 - Updated: 2006-04-14 - 695 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Just for you...

I can't seem to catch my breath
It's in front of me
Behind your lips

And here I go,
Letting go
Just another, let you go
I never thought I could be like this

Hermione Granger closed her eyes and sat back against the stack of fluffy, white pillows piled up on her bed. The she snatched up the wide, brown, scrapbook type photo album from the bed and pushed it against her chest. The thoughts of Ron and Harry were just too much for her right now. She let out a deep breath and carefully opened the first page of the album, her eyes still shut tight. On the first page was a picture of her, Ron, and Harry on their first day of seventh year. The picture had been taken in the Great Hall, Hermione standing in the middle, Ron on one side and Harry on the other with their arms around Hermione's shoulders, smiles on their faces. Hermione opened her eyes and allowed herself to stare at the picture for quiet some time, letting the tears fall down her cheeks.

I wanna spend every moment here with you
You've shown me a place I've seen but never knew
So here I am
Here I am
Here I am
Here I am
Just for you
Just for you

Hermione slammed the photo album shut and flung it across the room as hard as she could. It was torturing her, to see pictures of him, to think about him. It had only been three days since Ron's funeral. Hermione wasn't sure how much longer she could go on like this.

In the dark
Moving hands to find my way
Reaching for a chance
And the words to say

And here I go
Letting go
Just to never let you go
I'm so scared to feel so safe

Harry and Hermione had gone to the funeral together. They had stood together in the back, cried silently together, left together. Harry had gone back to his apartment on the far side of London, where he lived with Ginny, his fiancé. Hermione was once again alone in the world, wishing she would have told Ron how much she had loved him before he had been taken away from her.

I wanna spend every moment here with you
You've shown me a place I've seen but never knew
So here I am
Here I am
Here I am
Here I am
Just for you...

Hermione sat up in her bed and looked out at the sunset. She and Ron had been dating for three years. She had loved him. The worst part of it all, for Hermione, was that when she had gone through Ron's old things the day before the funeral, she had found an engagement ring on his dresser. A diamond engagement ring that was meant for Hermione.

I've been so quiet for so long
Waiting for the chance to find me
Now I'm finding out
That things have never been so real
Never felt the way they should be
Now they've found me

Hermione walked slowly across the room and scooped the photo album up from the floor. Then she placed it carefully on the dresser and sat down on the edge of the bed. Harry was supposed to visit today. Hermione knew she really needed to talk to Harry. Just as she was about to lay down against the stack of pillows, she heard a soft knock at the front door.

I wanna spend every moment here with you
You've shown me a place I've seen but never knew
I wanna spend every moment here with you
You've shown me a place I've seen but never knew
So here I am
Here I am
Here I am
Here I am
Just for you
Just for you....

Hermione threw open the door and jumped into Harry's arms. She broke down completely and cried on his shoulder, and he just held her there and cried with her. Hermione knew that no matter what happened, she would always have Harry to help her through. He would always be there for her. Just for her....
Sign up to rate and review this story