Categories > Original > Horror

Load up your six-shot baby. Put it to my head. Pull the trigger, blank I’d figured. Put it to me, dead

by Attackalexattack 0 reviews

Micah notices some strange things, could it mean something or is it just a coincidence?

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Horror,Humor - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2009-12-20 - Updated: 2009-12-21 - 1900 words

0Unrated
I was swimming; treading water. My arms and legs numb from the cold water. I struggled to keep my head over the chopping waves, gulping water. It burned my throat, lungs, nose, and eyes. I screamed for help, screamed for someone. But there was no one. No one to help me. No one to save me.

“Micah!” My mother yelled, rapping her knuckles against the door three times. I jerked up, gasping. “I’m up.” I called, running my fingers through my hair.
“Micah, hunny! Time for school!” She called before walking downstairs. I yanked the blanket off and went to shower. Yippee, first day of school.
“Micah!!” Someone yelled. My head jerked up as I pulled my ear buds out. Suddenly, someone slammed into me, pulling me off my feet and into a bear hug. I screamed and laughed as I recognized Sebastian. His shaggy brown hair was cropped short, covering his ears and eyes. His thick rim glasses where gone, his emerald green eyes shined. He wore skin tight black jeans with a dark blue shirt with the cookie monster on it.
“Sebby!” I yelled, hugging him around the waist. He laughed and hugged me tight.
“Good to see you, Mikey. I missed you this summer.” He said, throwing an arm over my shoulders as we walked over to my small group of friends.
“I missed you too. Did you have fun in Europe?” I asked, smiling up at him.
“Of course, parties with the father and hot girls, you know it.” He joked, pushing past a bunch of preps.
“Whatever, Seb.” I rolled my eyes. Sebastian’s dad worked wherever his company needed him. Seb stays home alone when he’s gone but when summer comes around; he goes to wherever his dad’s at.
Lucas came to hug me. His blond hair hung way past his shoulders, parted down the middle, framing his face, making him look delicate. He’s icy blue eyes seemed to draw you in. He was tall and lanky, but he used his long legs well. He was star of the track team, but he didn’t act like the snobby jocks. He wore a long sleeved black shirt with Volcom written in bright green letters, and loose fitting skinny jeans.
“Micah, good to see you.” He smiled, hugging me. He also had a thing for talking all formal.
“Hey, Lucas.” I said, hugging him back before going to find Low. She stuck out, so it wasn’t hard.
“LOW!” I yelled, she looked up from her book and smiled at me. Her real name was Leighanne, which she hates, so she goes by Low. He thin glasses framed her face, though her almost black hair hid her eyes. She pulled off her glasses as she walked to me; she only needed them to read. She wore purple skinny jeans and a tight All Time Low shirt. I smiled and pulled her into a hug.
“I missed you, Low!” I said, pulling away.
“I missed you too, Mike!” She said just as the bell rang. Ugh; School.

“Grrrah!” I groaned, flopping into a chair and laying my head on the cafeteria table.
“Terrible day already?” Low asked, patting my back.
“My teachers hate me already!” I moaned, sitting up just as Seb sat down and handed me a soda. Came in late to first period, blew up a test tube in science, and crashed into the Globe and crushed it, in history. Wonderful.
“Thanks,” I mumbled, popping it open and taking a swig.
“Did you hear about the new kid?” Low asked Jade. Jade was new to our group, she had long brown hair, parted to the side so it covered one golden eye. Which puzzled me; did she have contacts?
“I heard his name was Luke.” She replied, smiling.
“Luke? Sounds like a nerd.” Low muttered, she must have hoped that he was a hot skater. When something clicked in my head.
“Luke Ryland?” I asked them, brow furrowed.
“Yeah. You know him?” Jade asked, something in her eyes stopped me. She was scary.
“Y-Yeah. He’s in trig with me.” I murmured, biting my lip.
“Is he hot!?” Low nearly yelled, grabbing my hands eagerly. My eyes grew wide and I nodded. She squealed and turned back to Jade; talking fast about the new boy.
Why did I suddenly remember his name from one class? I looked up to Low and Jade, every once in a while Jade’s eyes would flick to me and back before Low could notice. The eyes. Luke had gold eyes, just like Jade. I shook my head. Could just be a coincidence. Jade acted like she knew I noticed something. I folded my arms on the table and laid my head down.
“Hey, Mike?” Seb asked, poking my arm.
“Whhhaa?” I blurted, and then laughed.
“Band practice today? After school?” He asked, using those puppy dog eyes.
“You know it, Sebby! Make sure to tell Nickay to come, we need him.” I laughed as the bell rang. Three periods to go.

We call crammed into my garage, anxious to start practicing. Seb, and Low grabbed their guitars and Lucas took a seat at this drums.
“Check, check. Check, check!” I said into my microphone. “We’re good. Go Seb.” I said, sitting next to Jade. Sebastian started strumming in his guitar then nodded to Lucas. He kept a slow beat on his drums. “Good to go.”
“Low. Bass.” I called to her. She worked her way up the neck of her guitar and smiled at me.
“Where’s Nick?” I asked, looking at Seb.
“He just texted me, he’ll be here in a few.” He answered.
“Well I’m ready, we can start off with The Morticians Daughter. I can sing that by myself.” I said and they all nodded.
“One, two, three.” Seb started the soft slow beat.
“I open my lungs dear
I sing this song at funerals...no rush.
These lyrics heard a thousand times, just plush.
A baby boy you've held so tightly, this pain it visits almost nightly
Missing hotel beds I feel your touch.

I will wait dear, a patient of eternity, my crush
A universal still.
No rust.
No dust will ever grow in this frame,
one million years I will say your name.
I love you more than I can ever scream.

We booked our flight those years ago,
I said I love you as I left you.
Regrets still haunt my hollow head, but I promised you I will see you again, again.

I sit here and smile dear
I smile because I think of you and blush.
These bleeding hollow dials...this fuss.
A fuss is made of miles and travels when roadways are but stones and gravel.
A bleeding heart and conquer every crutch.

We booked our flight those years ago
you said you loved me as you left me. Regrets still haunt your saddened head but I promised you I will see you,
We booked our flight those years ago
I said I loved you and I left you
Regrets no longer in my head,
I promised you and now I'm home again, again, again, again, again.
I'm home again.” I sung, eyes closed. Lucas didn’t have to do anything in this song; but it was his favorite. Jade smiled at us all and clapped, this was her first time hearing us practice.
“Wow, I didn’t know little Micah had gotten better.” A voice from behind us laughed. I turned and saw Nick there, his black hard fell nearly to his shoulders. He wore a purple Peirce the Veil t-shirt with black ripped skinny jeans.
“And our screamer graces us with his presents.” I laughed and gave him a hug. “Long time, eh?” I said, handing him a mic.
“You know it,” He smiled. “Can I warm up a bit? Don’t wanna hurt my throat.” He winked.
“Sure, sure.” I said, sitting next to Low and Jade. Nickay started warming up his vocals, it sounded like he was choking but he was really good.
“I’m ready.” He said, pulling me and Low up onto the little raise area where we set the drums. I grabbed my mic.
“Knives and Pens?” I asked, looking at them.
“Sounds good.” Nick answered for them. Seb started the song followed by Low.

[everything in regular is Micah singing, italics is Nick screaming, Bold is everyone singing.]

“Alone at last, we can sit and fight.
And I've lost all faith in this blurring light,
But stay right here we can change our plight.
We're storming through this despite what's right.

One final fight, for this tonight.
Woah...
With knives and pens we made our plight.
Lay your heart down the ends in sight.
Conscience begs for you to do what's right.
Everyday it's still the same dull knife,
Stab it through and justify your pride.

One final fight, for this tonight.
Woah...
With knives and pens we made our plight.
Woah...
And I can't go on without your love, you lost, you never held on.
We tried out best...Turn out the light,
Turn out the light.

Seb and Lucas kept going, Nick and I jumping up and down, head banging to the beat.

One final fight, for this tonight.
Woah...
With knives and pens we made our plight.
Woah...
And I can't go on without your love, you lost, you never held on.
We tried out best...Turn out the light,
Turn out the light.”
As the song ended Nick and I started jumping again, pulling Low with us as Sebastian and Lucas finished.
“Wow.” Jade laughed, and clapped. “That was epic!” She yelled and hugged us. We all laughed at her and sat down; Nick and I breathing hard. “I think you got better, Nickay.” I laughed, poking his side. He rolled his eyes.
“Snacks anyone?” I asked, going to the fridge we have for these occasions. Everyone wanted a soda but only Nick and I had chips.
“Fatty!” Sebby yelled, grabbing the chips.
“HEY!” I yelled, jumping on his back, he just ignored me and stuffed the chips too high for me to reach. “Meanie!” I yelled, just as something hit the garage door. “..What was that?” I asked, pressing the button that opened the door. Standing outside my garage was a tall guy, maybe seventeen. He had long dark brown hair that was to his shoulders. He wore a blue Drop Dead Gorgeous shirt with a white hoodie.
“…Hi?” I said, my eyebrows furrowed.
“I’m Chris, I just moved down the street, I heard you guys playing…and I figured I’d come say hi...” He muttered, looking down at his shoes.
“Well Hi, Chris.” Low said, smiling sweetly. I rolled my eyes and walked over to Chris, but not before hitting Low in the back of the head. “Hey!” She squeaked, rubbing her head. Seb laughed and came with me.
“Hey Chris, I’m Micah, I live here, these are my friends, Lucas, Sebastian, Low, Jade and Nick.” I pointed to each of them as I spoke their names.
“Hey.” He murmured, obliviously shy.
“Here,” Nick threw him a soda. “Come chill with us.” He said, smiling at the boy. Chris smiled and sat next to Nick, popping his soda open.
Welcome to the neighborhood, Chris.
Sign up to rate and review this story