Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Broken

I Knew I Loved You

by darkflame1516 5 reviews

the epilogue of "Broken"

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Published: 2006-04-15 - Updated: 2006-04-15 - 1206 words

1Moving
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Inuyasha characters, just as I do not own any of the songs used in this fic.

THANK YOU ALL FOR REVIEWING!!
AND NOW: the EPILOGUE OF "Broken". This chapter uses "I Knew I Loved You" by Savage Garden and it is one of my one of my favorite love songs! I do not own the lyrics to this song and I do not claim to. PLEASE REVIEW!!

Epilogue - I Knew I Loved You

Maybe it's intuition
But some things you just don't question


Kagome giggled as Inu-Yasha lifted her out of the well. She closed her eyes and rested her head on his chest, her body suspended in his arms. He kissed the top of her head and began to walk. After a few minutes, she looked up at him.
"Where are we going, Inu-Yasha?" He paused and thought for a moment before glancing downward.
"Where would you like to go?"

Like in your eyes
I see my future in an instant


Kagome stared deeply into those golden eyes, sighing inwardly. I love his eyes. They make me feel safe and warm and loved. She leaned up and kissed him softly on his lips. He looked shocked for a moment, then pressed back against her mouth, shifting her weight in his arms to kiss her better. They parted and smiled at each other.
"Let's go back to the others," Kagome whispered. Inu-Yasha nodded, holding her tighter against his chest, and resumed walking.

And there it goes
I think I've found my best friend
I know that it might sound more than a little crazy
But I believe


As he walked, Inu-Yasha kept looking down at the girl he held in his arms. He grinned widely as he marched toward the village. I wanted her for so long and now we're finally together. I could die right now and I'd be perfectly happy. As if sensing his thoughts, Kagome looked at him.
"Put me down," she said. He gave her a puzzled look and she smiled. "I want to walk beside you."

I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life
I knew I loved you before I met you
I have been waiting all my life


Inu-Yasha gently put Kagome down, feet-first. She grabbed his hand and he started to walk forward. But Kagome looked down and didn't move her feet so he swung back towards her.
"What is it, Kagome? Is something wrong?" He asked, touching her shoulders, but she didn't look up.
"How did you open the well?" She asked. Inu-Yasha swallowed before answering.
"I...killed Kikyo." Kagome looked up at him, her eyes shining with curiosity.
"How? How did you find her? How did she die?"

There's just no rhyme or reason
Only this sense of completion


Inu-Yasha thought back to the night, only a week earlier, when he had finally managed to track Kikyo down. He had approached her hiding spot; a small cave inset into a mountain and confronted her just outside the entrance.
"Kikyo!" He shouted, running towards the cave and spotting her with her back turned. She spun around at the sound of his voice.
"Inu-Yasha," she snarled in anger. "So you finally found me."
"Kikyo," he repeated at a much lower volume.
"Don't. Don't say my name," she said softly, a tear falling from her eye.
"Why did you do that? Why did you separate me from Kagome?"
"Because you love her. But you are supposed to love me," she glared angrily at him. "I cannot die without you and I am no longer alive. I am nothing without you and you know that. But still you love that child."

And in your eyes
I see the missing pieces
I'm searching for
I think I've found my way home
I know that it might sound more than a little crazy
But I believe


Inu-Yasha walked up to her and stared her straight in the eyes.
"That child is more loving and caring then you ever were or ever will be. I would have gone to hell to help you, but I would die to save Kagome. That is why I choose her. Because I love her more than life." Kikyo collapsed into his arms, sobbing.
"But I cannot rest without you. Why won't you help me rest?" He hugged her briefly and then shoved her away.
"I will help you, Kikyo. I will help you find the peace you seek," he said, drawing Tetsusaiga. Kikyo's eyes widened but before she could react, Inu-Yasha attacked.
"Wind Scar!" He shouted, slamming the blade into the ground. As the wind swirled around her, tearing her apart and releasing the trapped souls, she blew him on final kiss. When she was finally gone, he wiped away his falling tears. Kagome! He thought and rushed off to the well.

I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life
I knew I loved you before I met you
I have been waiting all my life


"Inu-Yasha?" Kagome's voice brought him back to the forest. She held his hand tightly and he looked down at her.
"It doesn't matter," he said as he pulled her into a hug. "All that matters is we are together again."

A thousand angels dance around you
I am complete now that I've found you


"It's just...I know how much she meant to you," Kagome said, her voice muffled by his cloak. He pushed her to arms length and looked at her.
"What?"
"I know what she meant to you. She was your first love. You loved her," Kagome said, sniffling with un-fallen tears.

I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life
I knew I loved you before I met you
I have been waiting all my life


"No," Inu-Yasha said firmly and Kagome looked up at him again. "I loved her because I loved you. Because she was a part of you. I loved you, all of you, before we even met." Kagome smiled and they kissed.

I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life
I knew I loved you before I met you


They began walking toward the village once more, hand-in-hand. As they got closer, Inu-Yasha paused. There was still one thing he was confused about.
"Why was your mother angry at me when we left today?" He asked, stopping Kagome in her tracks. She slowly turned to him, a faint smile on her face.

I have been waiting all my life

"Because I'm pregnant," she said.
"What? How?" he asked, shocked and she giggled at the surprised look on his face. She stood on her tiptoes and kissed him on the cheek.
"From the night you came back to me. And don't worry, Inu-Yasha. We'll get through it...together."

¬¬-------------------------------------------------------
Well, that's the end. sob What did you think? Tell me now, pweasie??!!
And i am planning a sequel. But I'm not gonna post it till i see some interest for it!
Thank you for reading and I hope you'll feel free to check out my other stories!!
Sign up to rate and review this story