Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I keep telling myself...

my best kept secret and my biggest mistake

by crazyasshats0990 0 reviews

The first real time between us.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2009-12-28 - Updated: 2009-12-29 - 734 words

0Unrated
I woke up the next morning to no one. A note was next to me.
Dear Kayla,
I won’t forget last night. I won’t forget you.
Xoxoxox Patrick
I was warm and fuzzy inside. And then it hit me, he was a rock star.
The next day at work I was standing on counter not doing anything. I felt a hand on my back.
“I just wanted to say I was sorry for how I was the other night. I acted like an ass. I just was having a bad day. Can I talk to you in the back?”
“I’m busy Ian.” I grabbed a towel and pretended to be cleaning.
“You’re not doing anything, you’re pretending to stand here but the whole time you’re thinking of me. “ Ian was standing behind me. Close, too close. Close enough for people to think something. He led me to the back in the stock room. He grabbed me and kissed me hard. I pushed away.
“Ian, Ian, wait. We’re at work. We can’t be doing this, someone could walk in. im a crew member, you’re an assistant. This wouldn’t end well.” I was pleading with my eyes. He sighed, looked down, wiped his mouth and looked at me. I started walking away and he grabbed my arm.
“Come by the house tonight. The kids won’t be there, it will just be me, and I wanna talk to you, please.” He sighed.
“I’ll see what I can do.” I was half out of the stock room by the time I said that.
When I first started there, Ian was the one who hired me. We didn’t give eachother much thought. We were always friendly to each other, but we had other friends. Then one night I went to a concert and we ran into each other and started talking. That night we kind of bonded. He was amazing, and funny. We went back to his place and talked for hrs and then after that we were inseparable. We texted called and hung out all the time together. I knew about his past, kids and ugly divorce. He knew about my life, my insecurities, my past. We excepted each other for who we were. Then one night we got drunk and wound up sleeping together.
I got to Ian’s after work, ad as usual I heard music playing. I rang the doorbell. He answered the door with a towel over his shoulder and holding a red truck.
“Hey, come in. How was work?” he closed the door, and walked in the kitchen to put the towel back. It felt awkward to be here for some reason. I waited for him to sit down so I could sit opposite of him.
“So what did you want to talk about?” I wanted to leave, I wanted to be far away from him.
“I, ugh, I want to evaluate our…arrangement. I like you, a lot. I wanna make this official. I wanna be with you. I want you.” I couldn’t look him the eye.
“Ian, we can’t, because of work, because of a lot of things. I like you, but work makes this complicated.” I was holding my phone with a death grip, as if at any moment it was gonna beam away from this place.
“Kayla, I’m telling you that I want to be with you, that I’m crazy about you. That I don’t want to be with out you. And you’re just saying no?” He was kneeling in front of me with his hands on my knees.
“You have kids, a career, we’re not right for each other right now.” It took a lot to say that to him.
“So what? What am I too you? Nothing?! I feel so much for you. Im putting it all on the line for you. I’m not ready to let you go.” I blocked it all out. My phone went off. It was a number not a name. I opened my phone and it flashed across the screen: Hey, it’s Patrick.
My heart stopped, I grabbed my keys and stood up and walked to the door. Ian called after me, but I wasn’t listening. All I could do was think about Patrick, those big beautiful blue eyes.
Sign up to rate and review this story