Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy

Every Lie Has A Limit

by xPrettyInPunkx 2 reviews

A fic LOOSELY based on the movie Overboard. A girl named Jamie meets Patrick Stump in an uncanny situation.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-12-30 - Updated: 2009-12-31 - 771 words

0Unrated
Just the first -very short- chapter of a new fic I'm working on. Tell me what you think.

Jamie entered the hospital. She had no idea why she wanted to come here. She never meant to. She just sort of followed her feet.

“Hi, can you point me to the room Patrick Stump is staying in? I'm his gir-girlfriend.” Jamie asked the nurse. Just saying the word sent shivers up her spine, because she knew it wasn’t true. She waited patiently as the receptionist typed on her computer.

“Oh yes, he’s staying in room 412. You’re going to go straight down this hall way, make a left and then you’ll see the elevators. Just go to floor number 4 and one of the nurses up there will take you to his room.” The receptionist directed.

“Thanks.” Jamie mumbled out and headed towards the elevators.

Once she reached the 4th floor, she asked one of the nurses to show her to Patrick’s room. When she was in his room she felt her heart sink. He had a cast on his left arm and bandages and bruises everywhere.

“Don’t worry, he’s not as bad as he looks.” The nurse reassured, checking the monitors while she was there. “He’s actually in a fairly good condition. The accident he was in was pretty bad.”

Jamie didn’t need to be told that the accident was bad though. After all, she was the one who had dialed 911. She walked over to Patrick’s bed and sat in the chair that was next to it.

“The only thing is, he may have some memory loss when he wakes up.” The nurse said before leaving the room.

Jamie wasn’t expecting that though. She reached out to touch Patrick’s had, but then took it back quickly. She didn’t belong here. She shouldn’t be here, it shouldn’t have even crossed her mind to come here. But it did. She sat back in her chair letting out a sigh and asking herself the questions she didn’t know the answers to.

Then Patrick moved.

She watched as he examined the room and then when he turned and saw her, sitting by his bed.

“Hi.” He said and smiled a little and then frowned.

“What’s wrong?” She asked.

“Where am I?” He asked her.

“You’re in the hospital.” She told him.

“Oh. What’s your name?”

“Jamie.” She stated, wondering if what the nurse said could be true.

“And my name?” He asked, eyebrows pulling together.

“Patrick.” She said, frowning. She didn’t want this to happen.

“So my name is Patrick,” He said and paused, “And your name is Jamie, right?” He asked, and Jamie nodded.

“What am I doing here?” He asked, his eyes looking empty.

“You were in a bad car accident.” She said and watched as he looked at his arm and noticed the various bruises covering his other arm that wasn’t occupied by a cast.

“You weren’t in the car, right?”

“No.” She said. Before this she’d only spoken to him a handful of times. If she were in the car with him, it’d be a dream come true; as long as it wasn’t this time, because this was a nightmare.

“That’s good, at least.” He said giving another small smile and then the nurse came back in the room.

“Patrick, I'm glad you’re awake.” She gave a warm smile, “How are you feeling?”

“Horrible.” He said with a small laugh.

“Well, I'll give you some pain killers to fix that.” She said and walked over to his IV to inject, what Jamie assumed to be the pain killer the nurse had mentioned. “Well, Patrick when the pain starts to fade, you can leave if you wish, or you can rest up and leave in the morning.”

“Great, I think we’ll leave tonight though.” He said and Jamie’s heart started to race. This wasn’t supposed to happen.

“Okay, is this your girlfriend?” The nurse asked.

“Yeah,” Patrick said and then his eyebrows knotted together again, “At least I think so?” He questioned looking at Jamie. Jamie nodded, unsure, lost in her own thoughts and everything that was happening tonight.

“Great just push the call button and I'll come back to discharge you when you’re ready.” The nurse said and left the room. And after the nurse had left, Jamie realized what she had just done. This was never supposed to happen. How on earth was she going to get out of this mess?
Sign up to rate and review this story