Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Breaking Ties

Application

by brynn_parker 2 reviews

Kagome has moved to another country and left Inuyasha behind. When strange things start happening around her new home, will the love of her life be there to save her? InuxKag

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2006-02-25 - Updated: 2006-02-26 - 1102 words

0Moving
Breaking Ties

By: Brynn Parker

----

Author's Note: This is my first try at an Inuyasha fic, so be kind with your reviews...I would hope that you would be kind with your reviews anyway but...you know...

So this is going to be a romance fic, very fluffy, but no lemons. I suck at writing lemons, and I don't like to anyway, so don't even ask about it. Get it? Got it? Good.

I also don't know how long this is going to be.

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha.

----

There it was. I held my very future in my hands. Now I had two choices: I could just throw away the application and live at the shrine all my life, or I could put the envelope in the mailbox and leave the shrine, the well, Sango, Miroku, Shippo, Kaede...and Inuyasha.

If there was one thing I knew, it was that I didn't want to leave Inuyasha. But how was I supposed to live out my life with no job and no knowledge? I felt like one of those kids that has all of their friends on the internet, that practically lived in their computer because they didn't have a life in the real world. Not that the Feudal Era wasn't real, but it wasn't my world, and nothing could change that. I banished the thought of little hanyous with black hair and golden eyes...aw...that would be so...no...NO KAGOME!

It seemed as if my hands dropped the letter in the mailbox all on their own. My mind was beating my heart to a bloody pulp, and even though I knew it was for the best, it still made my stomach hurt.

"Kagome?"

I turned. And there he was. The man of my dreams, the object of my affections... "Inuyasha."

He looked at me, an unfamiliar, almost hurt expression on his face, "Kagome, why haven't you come down the well in such a long time?"

"Oh!" I said, "I had finals, and then I had graduation and I had a million big parties to go to, and then I had to fill out my college application..."

"What's that?"

I paused. Damn. Not good. "Uh...well..."

Inuyasha turned towards me, concerned, "Are you going to get hurt?"

"No!" I said, raising my hands, "I...uh...might be..." he stared at me, waiting for my response. I sighed. "I might be going away. For a long time."

"How long..." he asked, frowning.

"At least four years...maybe more..."

"Kagome!" he squinted for a minute, and I knew he was trying to think of some reason for me to stay, but there was none. I'd been going back to the Feudal Era without reason for about three months now, because we'd killed Naraku and finished the jewel three months ago. I remembered that day vividly, and the thoughts that had gone through my mind were still bright.

"So what are you going to do now?" Sango asked me. Kohaku was dead, and she was obviously trying to get her mind onto more positive things, so I didn't really want to answer truthfully...but what else was I supposed to do?

I moved closer to her, "Don't tell Inuyasha..." I said, "But I think I'm going to go away for a while...to college." Sango looked at me, confused. "It's a big school, where you learn how to be a doctor, or a teacher, or whatever you want to be."

"You should go," Sango said, "But how long will you be gone..." she smiled weakly, "I don't know if anyone could put up with Inuyasha if you left for too long."

I sighed, "Four years."

Sango frowned, "That's a long time."

I just nodded. It was a long time. Maybe long enough for me to forget about Inuyasha and move on with my real life...

"You have to stay," Inuyasha stated simply.

"Why?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Because I told you so, wench."

I growled out a sit and he fell to the ground. "That's not the proper way to ask a girl to stay with you," I said, walking away from him and jumping into the well. Jeez...

He jumped out in the Feudal Era soon after me, catching my wrist as I walked towards the village. He was surprisingly...gentle? I'd just sat him, and here he was, being perfectly sweet and kind to me. I frowned. This was a little suspicious...

"Kagome," he said softly, "Please don't go."

I sighed and then growled, aggravated, as the image of little hanyous flashed through my head again. "I already sent the application," I said, "It's in the mail...it is speeding towards the university right now."

Inuyasha sat down on the ground and put his elbows on his knees, leaning on his hands. I sat down next to him, feeling much more comfortable in my jeans and sweater than I ever had in my school uniform. He was silent for a long time, making me a little uncomfortable, and then he finally spoke. "So...where are you going?"

"America," I said.

"What's that?"

"You know, that big, rich country in my geography book?" I said, "With the presidents and the revolutionary war..."

"Oh, that place," Inuyasha sighed, and his ears flattened on his head, "That's a long way away...for a long time." He looked up at me, and he just looked so cute and pitiful I wanted to hug him. "You can't go."

He had never seemed more like a child. I wanted him to be angry and scream at me so I could be mad at him when I left...wouldn't that be easier? I shrugged, choosing my words carefully, "Inuyasha..." He gazed into my eyes intently. "I can't stay here...but...you could...maybe you could come with me?"

It was more than I could hope for. He immediately shook his head, "No, I could never leave my home...my life is here..."

I got up quickly, getting a little angry, "So you want me to stay here and abandon my life, but you wouldn't do the same for me?" I said.

"No, Kagome, that's not what I..."

"Yes, it is!" I said, and then, to stress my point, I shoved him over and yelled, "SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT!"

Then I proceeded to stalk over to the village.

----

Author's Note: Well, that's the end of chapter 1, please review! I was so tired when I wrote this...I don't know if it'll be much good. Anyway, hope you enjoyed, time to review while I go sleep...

--brynn--
Sign up to rate and review this story