Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Breaking Ties

Dreams

by brynn_parker 0 reviews

...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Published: 2006-04-17 - Updated: 2006-04-17 - 1081 words

0Unrated
Chapter 5: Dreams

By: Brynn Parker

----

Steve walked with me up to the entrance to the dorm rooms and I leaned on a tree, looking up at him, "Well, I had a really nice time," I said, "Thanks."

He grinned, "I'm really glad you had a nice time." He put his hand next to my head, leaning on the tree and getting closer to me. This would only be my second kiss...it suddenly freaked me out how inexperienced I was, but I was determined not to let on about that. Steve had probably dated a million different girls...

"May I?" he asked when he was just a few inches away from my face. I nodded shyly and he leaned into me, his lips tenderly pressing against mine. I started to kiss him back and it slowly got much more intense. I wrapped my arms around him and he ran his tongue across my lips, so I opened my mouth to him.

Inuyasha...

I put my hands on Steve's chest and he immediately pulled away from me, "What's wrong?" he asked.

"I can't do this," I said quietly.

He stared into my eyes for a minute before he smiled, "Do you care about me at all?" he asked.

"Of course I do," I said, "I just..."

He put a finger to my lips, silencing me. "Then you're not using me," he said, leaning back towards me.

"Thank you," I whispered before our lips met again.

It was a few moments before we pulled away, embarrassed as somebody walked by, stopping our little makeout session. "Goodnight," he said in my ear, his breath tickling my neck. Again, I was reminded of the last time I'd seen Inuyasha.

"What? You said my name...what is it?"

"Goodnight...Steve," I said finally as he walked away. I turned to go into the dormitories and wasn't surprised at all to meet Tiva at the door.

"Ooh...that was juicy," she said, shutting the door behind me and motioning for me to sit down on my bed as I kicked my shoes off.

I blushed, "You saw us?"

"Kagome..." she shook her head at me, sighing, "Our window looks out there. Anyone with a window on this side of the building could have seen you."

I blushed even more and she laughed at me. "I don't think anyone else was watching you, don't worry. Not as sick minded as me..." she said, patting me on the shoulder, "So...?"

"So..." I turned over on my stomach and dove into my pillow, growling, "I started to think of Inuyasha while Steve was kissing me!"

Tiva sighed, "Sweetie, you're hopeless," she said finally, "You have to go back to him."

"I can't," I said, "He was so horrible to me before I left...am I supposed to go back and pretend like it never happened, and then be an obedient wife and have little hanyous?"

"No," Tiva said, "You're supposed to tell him exactly how you feel, kiss and make up, and ask him to come with you again. If he doesn't, then you'll definitely know he's not worth it."

I nodded, "Of course that's what I should do," I said, smiling and laughing a little.

"Good," she said, "Because I'm taking you back to Japan over Winter Break, whether you like it or not."

I laughed, "Thank you so much Tiva," I said.

"Oh, come on," she said, "What are best friends for?"

And that's what she was...Sango had already been replaced.

----

I was standing by the Goshinboku...or, wait a minute...I was the Goshinboku! I blinked...but didn't blink. I couldn't, because I was a tree at the moment. Wait a minute...was that Inuyasha?

"Damn it!" he yelled, jumping into the well. I...or the Goshinboku...could hear him hit the bottom of the well with a dull thud and another curse word. The tree and I watched as he climbed back out of the well and then jumped in again, producing another thud and another curse.

The tree produced a sighing noise as he climbed out again and then began to walk towards us, a hollow look in his eyes. He looked thin and frail, an unusual thing for Inuyasha, and his ears drooped down to his skull, giving him an altogether unhealthy look. He put his hand on the tree and rested his head on it. "Kagome..." he sighed. I could feel the warmth from his body on the tree that was, at the moment, me, and tiny rivulets of coolness flowing down the bark from Inuyasha's eyes. Was he...crying?

"Kagome..." he said again, leaning back and sinking down to the ground, "Where are you? Why haven't you come back?"

"Inuyasha!" I screamed, and the tree seemed to say it for me, the wind whispering in the boughs in a bizarre manner.

"Kagome?" he said, looking up. He soon looked back down again. "No..."

----

"Kagome?" Tiva said, shaking me.

I opened my eyes, disgruntled and still upset from my dream. "What time is it?" I asked.

"It's two o'clock in the morning!" Tiva said, "Kagome...you were glowing!"

"I was what!" I said, sitting up quickly.

"You were glowing pink!" she squealed, "It was crazy! And you were calling Inuyasha's name over and over again..."

Had I been using my priestess powers to contact Inuyasha? I wondered if I could somehow do that intentionally...

"What was going on?" Tiva asked, concerned, "Do you know?"

I nodded uncertainly, my eyes wide, "Tiva...I think I was using my miko powers to astral project to the Feudal Era!"

"You're kidding!" Tiva said, gasping.

I shook my head, "I'm so not kidding. I had this weird dream...and..." Tears filled my eyes as I remembered Inuyasha's appearance, "I'm killing him!" I said, starting to sob hysterically, "I'm killing Inuyasha!"

Tiva hugged me, pressing my head to her shoulder like a mother would with a child, "Shh...it's OK Kagome...calm down...you need to calm down..."

"I have to go back!" I said, "I have to find some way to get back or he's going to die! He's dying without me!"

"What if it was only a dream?" Tiva asked quietly.

"I really don't think so," I replied, "I just...maybe I can try harder next time...and don't wake me up if I start glowing again, OK?"

Tiva nodded and I threw myself back into the pillow.

I just couldn't get back to sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story