Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Breaking Ties

My Beautiful Hanyou

by brynn_parker 0 reviews

...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Published: 2006-04-17 - Updated: 2006-04-17 - 937 words

0Unrated
Chapter 9: My Beautiful Hanyou

By: Brynn Parker

----

"Hi Kagome!"

"Hi Steve," I answered, backing up and motioning for Steve to come in. He walked inside and smiled as if he didn't have a care in the world.

"So where is he?"

Inuyasha decided to jump out of the pantry at that moment, some candy bars in his hands. I almost laughed, he looked so cute, but Steve was definitely not smiling. I'd never realized how muscular Inuyasha was compared to normal guys, but Steve looked like a weakling compared to Inuyasha...and he probably was.

Steve shifted uncomfortably, his happy facade vanishing quickly. Clearing his throat, he handed a bag to Inuyasha. "I brought you some clothes," he said in rough Japanese.

Inuyasha smirked at him, taking the clothes and pushing his haori off of his shoulders, purposefully flexing the muscles in his arms. "Not here, Inuyasha!" I scolded in Japanese. He smirked some more then turned around and sauntered into the bathroom, shutting the door lazily behind him.

I turned towards Steve, rolling my eyes. "He's...charming," Steve said extremely sarcastically.

I had to agree. Inuyasha had been anything but civil just then, and I was completely embarrassed. I briefly thought back on when I'd been telling Inuyasha about Steve...

"So he wants to...uh...be with you too?" Inuyasha asked, scratching his head.

I nodded and Inuyasha frowned, opening his mouth to say something else. "Please be nice to him," I pleaded, "I love you, not him, OK?"

I was going to have to talk to him about how he'd acted around Steve. "Sorry Steve," I said, "He's just..." What was my cover story supposed to be for Inuyasha being a complete ass?

"It's OK, some guys are just like that," Steve said insultingly. I bit back a retort. I'd known Inuyasha for so long that I knew he wasn't really as shallow as he sometimes seemed.

"Don't trust the first impression with him."

"No, it's fine Kagome," Steve said quickly, turning back towards the door. "Look, I'll see you later."

And he left.

This was so not over yet.

----

Inuyasha's ears twitched after I pushed the hat down on his forehead, making the baseball cap move around a little. I laughed. "Inuyasha! People are going to wonder why your hat just starts moving around on your head!"

"I can't help it," he complained, shaking his head and dislodging the hat again. "I'm not used to having my ears covered."

It felt so good to have him back with me. "We don't have time for this!" I said, "It's getting late, and we really need to go out before there's no time left!"

He bent down and kissed me and I let go of the hat now firmly settled on his head, wrapping my arms around his neck. His hands traveled down to the small of my back and I opened my mouth to his, getting wrapped up in the moment (and Inuyasha's arms)...

When Tiva chose that moment to get back.

I turned around and Inuyasha's arms wrapped around my middle protectively. Tiva was standing there in the door, that Miroku-ish smile on her face again. "You guys go on...I'll just...go get something to eat..."

She started to walk off but I caught her before she could get away. "Tiva..." I said, "I'm sorry."

She looked at me and rolled her eyes. "I think I was just a little freaked about the window and you getting kidnapped by..." She motioned towards Inuyasha. "...Mr. Bipolar over there. I don't know why I freaked out like that. I'm sorry, OK?"

She walked over to look closer at Inuyasha's outfit and it almost seemed like I heard a little voice saying "mine" in my head, along with a twinge of jealousy.

Whoa...that was interesting.

"You need to go get him some good clothes," Tiva said, "Now go!" She walked towards me, leaning over to whisper in my ear. "And he's even hotter than I expected."

I glanced over at him. He had his arms crossed and a sour expression on his face; of course, he couldn't understand a word she was saying. "You can speak up," I said, "He only speaks Japanese."

Inuyasha glared at me for not conveying to him what I was saying as Tiva started laughing and walked into the bathroom. "What was that all about?" he asked me.

"Oh, nothing," I said, picking up my purse, "Now let's go. I've got to get you some good things to wear."

Inuyasha slipped an arm around my waste as we walked down the hall, a serene expression on his face. It felt so natural for us to be so close to one another. I made sure to intercept every jealous look from the girls on campus as I walked across campus with my beautiful hanyou.

----

"Spin," I ordered as Inuyasha walked out of one of the dressing rooms. He spun around to show me the red button-up shirt he was wearing and the pair of black pants.

"These aren't very comfortable," he complained.

"You look great though," I answered, smiling at him. His eyes lit up when I said that and he smirked at me.

"OK...I'll wear this stuff," he said, walking back into the dressing room. "Can we go now? I'm still hungry."

"Yeah," I answered, "Now bring the clothes we're buying out of there and then we can go eat dinner."

I paid for the clothes and we walked out of the store, Inuyasha's arm again around my waste.

And that's when the world began to turn upside down.
Sign up to rate and review this story