Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Is Blind

Chapter 8

by anotherMCRcrazedfan 2 reviews

Kind of a filler, but oh well. :)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2010-02-12 - Updated: 2010-02-13 - 911 words - Complete

0Unrated
Gerard POV

One week later

Things were still a little awkward between Frank and me. I told my mom what happened and I told her not to say anything to Frank or Mikey. She said that she wouldn’t as long as I keep my promise and get to know Frank better. He was taking me to the park outside of his hometown, where he used to play. It was going to get cold tonight, so I grabbed a jacket before I left my room.

I walked downstairs and sat down on the couch until Frank was ready. I heard him come down the stairs and stop behind me. I got up and we both walked out to the car.

Where he used to live was about an hour away and we had a long drive ahead of us. I just hope that we can talk instead of having a very awkward silence between us. I really wanted to get to know him and I didn’t want things to be weird around us anymore. Let’s just hope that tonight would do the trick.

We drove for a while before anything was said.

“Are you happy about going back to the park?” I asked him.

“Yea, I am. I haven’t been here since I started college. I’ve been wanting to come back, and now I have the chance. I think you’re really going to like it. I used to have so much fun,” he said. The way he was talking, I guess he was over the awkwardness. That’s a good thing, now I just need to get over it.

There wasn’t much talking the rest of the way there. A lot of silence filled the car as we headed down the highway. We pulled off of the highway and headed into town to find the park. It didn’t take him long.

He parked the car and we both got out. I followed him, keeping one hand on his arm so he could guide me. He’s a pretty muscular guy from what I felt through his jacket. I smiled and he led me over to the swings.

I sat down on one, and I assume he did the same thing. I pushed myself to get going only a little. I’m not very fond of going too high.

“What do you want to know?” he asked me. I knew where he was going, and I just thought about what to say.

“Start from the beginning, if you don’t mind,” I said.

“Well, I grew up here with my mom. My parents split when I was about 10. My dad wasn’t the greatest, he was an alcoholic. He left one day and never came back. I didn’t care, I didn’t like him, and neither did my mother. I’m an only child, so I had many pets growing up.

“I picked up guitar when I was 12, and I’m still not very good at it. My first job was working at Burger King as a cashier. I was fired for stealing ketchup packets. Didn’t know that was illegal. When I turned 16, my grandpa bought me a ’75 Chevelle and I still have that car. It’s sitting in my garage at home. Doesn’t run anymore, but I still love it.

“I’m in college right now and I still have no idea what I’m going to be. My mom told me that I should open up my own restaurant because I’m a really good cook and I make up my own recopies. I don’t know about that. I’ve thought about it and it sounds like a good idea to me.

“What about you? How did you lose your sight?” he asked me after he was done talking.

“I’ve been blind for as long as I can remember. When I was a baby, I had perfect eyes, but then all of a sudden, it started going downhill. My doctors have no idea why I lost my sight, or how. It doesn’t bother me though. When the movie Daredevil came out, I thought it’d be cool to be like him. He’s blind but he still kicks ass.

“My dad died when I was 15. He was driving down the highway when he got hit. He didn’t make it through the night. I got Kit when I was 14, and she’s been the only pet I’ve had. I have a brother, obviously. I’ve never had a job or a car. Never had the need for a car, because I walk everywhere or my mom takes me. And that’s about it,” laughed.

*

We were headed back home. We had been at the park for what seemed like forever. We sat on the swings and talked and talked. I don’t think I’ve ever talked to anybody that much besides Kit. I learned so much about him, and I told him things that I’ve only told Kit. I told him that and he said he feels really special.

When we got back home it was around 3 in the morning. Mom forgot to leave the door unlocked so Frank had to pick the lock. I didn’t know he had that skill, and he’s really good at it. He beat his old record of 45 seconds by 8 seconds. He was so proud of himself.
Sign up to rate and review this story