Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Only Hope for Me Is You

Monster

by anotherMCRcrazedfan 5 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2010-02-16 - Updated: 2010-02-17 - 1126 words - Complete

1Moving
Gerard’s POV

I was sitting on the couch next to Mikey watching Loony Toons when the phone rang. I reached over and picked it up; I saw that it was Frank on the caller ID.

“Hello,” I answered.

“Gerard! It’s Linda! Could you come over here?” she said in a frightened voice. I got really worried.

“Yea, what happened?” I said.

“It’s Frank... I don’t know. I’ll explain it when you get here,” she said really fast. I hung up and put my shoes on. I threw on my jacket too and headed for the door.

“Where are you going?” Mikey asked me.

“I have to go to Frank’s. I’ll probably stay there, so go ahead and lock the door.” He nodded as I left. I raced down the stairs, careful not to fall. When I got outside, I ran over to my car. I almost broke the key jabbing it into the ignition.

*

I went to knock on the door when it opened. Linda was standing there with tears in her eyes and a very panicked look on her face.

“Frank’s in his room. He won’t talk to me...” she said.

“What happened?” I asked starting up the stairs. But, I stopped dead when she said it.

“His father was here. I came home from work and I heard screaming. I went to see and he was beating on Frank’s door. When he saw me, he just walked out of the house,” she answered.

“He didn’t hurt him, did he?!” I almost screamed.

“I don’t think so...” she said, shaking her head. I turned and ran up the stairs. I paused when I saw the damage on the door caused by his father.

I jiggled the door handle, and it was still locked. I reached into my pocket and grabbed the key that Frank had given me. The lock was for safety measures, and I guess that it was working well.

I unlocked the door and I went inside. I looked around and I didn’t see him anywhere. I saw that the covers of his bed were on the floor, among some other things near the door. I guess it was from all of the beating.

I thought I heard something, and I held my breath. I looked to my left to see the closet doors shut, which they usually weren’t. I went over to them and opened the up, to see a huddled Frank in the corner. He looked up and there was a slew of emotions going over his face; none of them good. When he realized it was me, he smiled. I climbed down to him and wrapped my arms around his small frame.

He wrapped his arms around my neck and cried into my shirt. I put my arm under his legs and I lifted him up; him still holding onto me for dear life. I carried him over to the bed and sat down with him.

We sat here like this for about five minutes, when he finally looked up at me.

“What happened?” I asked him, wiping the tears from his eyes.

“I came inside and I saw him sitting on the couch. I ran to my room and locked myself in here. He was beating at my door for what seemed like forever.

“When I heard the beating stop, I didn’t know what to think until I heard the front door being slammed. Then my mom came and tried to get me to come out, but I didn’t want to... Not yet,” he told me, trying to keep himself together. I knew I should have stayed with him until his mom got home...

“So, he didn’t hurt you?” I asked, still worried.

He shook his head, “No. He didn’t have the chance.” He put his head back into my neck and sighed. I pulled him closer to me and kissed his temple.

*

Frank POV

I woke up suddenly, not knowing where I was. It was weird, since I was in my room, in my house. I rolled over, expecting to find Gerard laying there. He had held me all night, keeping me safe from the outside world. Though, he wasn’t there now. I sat up, looking around my dimly lit room, hoping to see him, but I didn’t.

“Gerard?” I called. Nothing...

“Gerard!” I called again; still no answer. I had a mini panic attack and got out of my bed. I went downstairs but he wasn’t in the living room. I walked into the kitchen, and relief washed over me. He was sitting at the table, his back facing me. I could tell he was drinking coffee, as the aroma filled the room.

I walked over and sat in the chair next to him. He looked up from the table and smiled at me. I smiled back and grabbed his free hand.

“Sleep okay?” he asked me. I nodded.

“Yea, you kept me warm,” I smiled at him. He lifted my hand and kissed it.

“That’s a good thing. Your mom has already left. I have to go to work in a few hours. Do you want to stay with Mikey?” he asked me. I nodded.

“Yea, I really don’t want to stay here...” I said.

“I didn’t think you would. And even if you did, I wasn’t going to let you,” he grinned at me. I just laughed.

Soon I was walking through the door of Gerard and Mikey’s place. I guess Mikey was still asleep as it was 5:45 in the morning. He walked me to his bedroom and grabbed some clothes.
“You can go back to sleep if you want. I’m gonna go take a shower,” he told me. I just smiled and nodded as I sat down on the bed. He turned to leave, but he paused for a second. He turned around; he put the clothes on the edge of the bed, and leaned down and placed his lips to mine.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him to me. I scooted back on the bed so I was laying my head on the pillows. He lay down on top of me, holding himself up on his forearms.
All of a sudden, he jumped off of me.

“Frankie... I’m so sorry. I don’t know what I was thinking...” he regrettably told me. I just shook my head and grabbed his hand when he stood up. He had a confused look on his face as I pulled him back down on top of me.

“Don’t be sorry...” I whispered to him.
Sign up to rate and review this story