Categories > Original > Essay

johnny weir

by daveyhavoclover666 0 reviews

Jonyy weir

Category: Essay - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2010-03-02 - Updated: 2010-03-02 - 439 words

0Unrated
I’m not somebody to cry about something or to feel weak about something. I felt very defiant when I saw these comments. I felt that it wasn’t… these two men criticizing my skating, it wasn’t them criticizing my… anything. It was them criticizing me as a person. And that was something that really frankly pissed me off more than anything. So I felt like I had to make a comment and statement that I hope more kids cans grow up the same way that I did. That more kids feel the freedom that I feel to be themselves and to express themselves. And that’s the most important thing. That’s the message I want to come out of all of this. Because out of ugly, I think the most important thing to do in life is make something beautiful.

I can’t say anything mean, I’m totally for freedom of speech and voicing your own opinion so I can’t like have them fired because they voiced their opinion and they’r on television. I’ve heard worse in bathrooms and whatnot about me so…(laughs). it’s not a big issue for me that they said it, it’s just that I didn’t… I didn’t want other kids to have that same issue. And other people in the public eye to have that issue. If I had the chance to sit down with them over a poutine I think…I think we’d all be lovely people together, I think they would see who I really am, because being an athlete and being a figure skater I rarely have the opportunity to voice my opinion without it being misquoted, I’m always thought of this sparkly flamboyant character that wore a crown of roses. I mean that’s what people see of me and they come up with a notion of what I must be like. And aside from my circle of very close friends and people, nobody knows me. Nobody knows what makes me tick . Nobody knows what’s inside here (points to head) and here (points to heart).

I think masculinity is what you believe it to be. To me, masculinity…it’s all my perception. And I think I think masculinity and femininity is something that’s very old fashioned. There’s a whole new generation of people that aren’t defined by their sex or their race or who they like to sleep with. I think as a person you know what your values are and what you believe in and that’s the most important things.
Sign up to rate and review this story