Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Charlene Diane Malmgren

Chapter Eleven.

by Mo_Was_Here 6 reviews

Rated for profanity. Sea Monkey.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-03-21 - Updated: 2010-03-21 - 3628 words

5Ambiance
Chapter 11


Devon ended up staying the whole night, intent on being with Charlie as much as possible. Dev felt terrible about everything, having sex, possibly making Charlie pregnant, and from what he could tell; depressing Charlie even more. Charlie began to seem colder and quieter then she even was before. She barely spoke the rest of the night and in the morning she left Devon in bed alone while she went to the bathroom silently to change, even though Dev had seen it all before. Devon had just hoped that maybe if they had sex it would save there relationship from spiraling downward, but after sitting alone in bed wondering what he had done wrong he knew that it was a bad idea.

Devon promised himself that he would make everything right. He didn’t know what to do exactly to make everything fine again, but he would do anything. Devon thought about the consequences, Charlie could get pregnant. Devon would pay for the price of a child, he wouldn’t back down, he would grow a pair and be a man- he would take care of the baby. He also thought of an abortion, maybe Charlie wouldn’t want a child. Devon would pay for everything- the pregnancy tests, the hospital visits, the abortion itself. He wouldn’t make anything even more difficult on Charlie’s part.

Devon shuddered at the thought of him being a father when he was only a junior in high school. It all sounded petrifying. He didn’t even know how to change a fucking diaper! Devon shook his head at himself, he had really messed things up.

Seeing as it was Monday morning and they had school, Devon borrowed his brothers car and drove them both to school, not wanting to risk the chance of Charlie somehow getting hurt on her walk to the school. Devon glanced over at his girlfriend, resisting the urge to take her small hand in his and kiss her palm. Charlie was silent, staring out the car window at nothing in particular, until suddenly she sprung up in her seat.

“Dev, pull over,” She said softly. Without questioning her judgment, Devon pulled to the side of the road. He carefully followed Charlie’s gaze, scanning the cement side walk along the side of the bumpy, cracked road until he saw what Charlie was staring so intently at. Or rather whom she was staring at.

Mikey and Gerard were walking beside each other, both of them had their eyes fixated on the ground in front of them, neither paying attention to the car that was slowing to a stop directly a head of them. Dev said hesitantly in his seat, stopping himself from pulling back onto the street and getting as far away from Mikey as possible. But he knew what Charlie wanted, he knew that it would make her happy if he picked up her best friend and his older brother. Devon sulked a moment or two before rolling down the car door window and sticking his head out.

“Hey!” He shouted at Mikey and Gerard, both of their heads snapped up in surprise, “You guys want a ride?” Dev asked.

Gerard looked thoroughly surprised, glancing at his brother who wore a somewhat similar expression. Mikey returned his gaze before nodding quickly to Devon and jogging over to the car. Gerard frowned for a moment before scampering after Mikey.

Charlie smiled a tiny bit, her face muscles felt stiff from lack of use. Mikey opened the backseat door, Charlie took the chance to lean across the seat and gently kiss Devon’s cheek, hoping silently that Mikey saw.

Mikey’s jaw clenched as he saw the small action, jealousy flaring through his system. Gerard climbed in the car moments later and mumbled a ‘thank you’ to Devon before they began their rather awkward drive to school.

But Devon suddenly didn’t mind anymore. He didn’t mind driving Mikey and Gerard to school, he didn’t mind that Charlie was constantly with Devon, he didn’t mind that he was going ten over the speed limit and would probably get a ticket. He didn’t mind anything anymore because he realized Charlie was his. Devon was the one who had sex with her and received the kisses and got to hold her hand. Devon was Charlie’s boyfriend and no matter how close Charlie and Mikey was, Mikey couldn’t change that.

Finally, Devon pulled into the already busy school parking lot, coming to a swift halt in his usual parking spot next to Bachman’s red jeep. Mikey let go a sigh of relief and jumped out of the car as soon as it stopped, unfortunately his shoelace managed to get caught on the door making Mikey trip and hall hard on the pavement.

“Dammit,” Mikey mumbled as he sat up carefully, he heard several people laughing at him as they walked by. Mikey groaned, searching the pavement as quickly as he could to find his glasses which had fallen off.

“Gosh! Mikey, are you alright?” Charlie asked, Mikey squinted up trying to focus on Charlie’s blurry figure. He watched her as she came to his side and knelt down, “Here’s your glasses,” She said softly, taking one of his hands in her own then placing his glasses in his palm as softly as possible. Mikey winced slightly at the pressure against the skin; he could feel the flesh of his palm was raw and stinging.

“Ow, thanks,” He mumbled, putting them back on his face and standing up, groaning as he noticed a small crack in them. Mikey groaned aloud, today was not his day. This morning his mom grounded him for two weeks, he had to be reminded how perfectly in love Charlie and Devon were, and now his glasses were cracked and his hands were bleeding.

For a moment they both just stood there awkwardly, staring at each other intently.

“So, uh, are your hands okay?” Charlie asked hesitantly. Mikey nodded slowly, lifting his hands up so they both could see. They were pretty scraped, small rocks and dirt had stuck to his hands. He brushed them out quickly.

“I think I’m fine.”

Mikey hadn’t meant it, but his words came out harsher then he intended. Charlie’s face contorted in confusion, she opened her mouth to speak, but Frank jogged up and interrupted her.

“Mikey! Dude that was sick,” Frank said clapping Mikey on the back. Mikey rolled his eyes at his friend.

“Sure,” He said before picking up his backpack and slinging it over his shoulder.

“Hey, you should go rinse those cuts out,” Charlie said, “I’ll help you.”

“I can do it by myself,” He said sharply.

At that moment Gerard and Devon walked over, Devon putting his arm around Charlie’s waist and Gerard just standing there awkwardly.

Charlie didn’t budge though, “Please let me help,” She said softly, reaching out a hand to brush her fingers against Mikey’s arm.

Mikey couldn’t help it, it was an involuntary reaction; he shivered. Devon tensed, his eyes widening as he caught Mikey in the act. Devon’s jaw clenched tightly and he pulled Charlie closer into his side protectively. Mikey liked Charlie, Devon realized, Mikey liked her and that’s why he was constantly around Charlie. Devon reached out and tugged Charlie’s hand back, holding onto it with his own.

“He doesn’t need your help,” Devon said, his tone almost as bitter as Mikey’s was.

Mikey looked up at Devon in surprise, as far as he knew Dev had been nothing but nice to him. Now Dev was giving Mikey the most piercing gaze, that Mikey actually took a step back.

“Come on,” Devon said, Charlie looked up at him with a confused look, but nodded absently and leaning into him as he turned and led her away towards the school.

Frank, Mikey, and Gerard were all silent a moment, “What the HELL just happened?” Frank asked in bewilderment.

“Yeah what did you do?” Gerard asked, “Devon just suddenly looked like he was going to kill you.”

Mikey shrugged, he honestly didn’t know what happened either. Dev just suddenly tensed and took Charlie away from him. The more Mikey thought about it the more it angered him. Devon did not have the right to take Charlie away from him and neither did her parents. Charlie was a free person and Mikey was going to keep her here with him for as long as he could.

The warning bell rung and student’s started walking towards school. Mikey absently listened to the conversation going on around him and tried to think of any ways he could manage to keep Charlie around, or even better get rid of Devon.

~~~

Mikey shifted uncomfortably in his seat, trying to find a more comfortable position. God damn he had to pee so badly, but he was halfway through lecture, he couldn’t just leave! Mikey groaned and tried to focus on the lecture about intermolecular forces, but his mind kept getting back to his overly full bladder. Mikey’s leg started bouncing he really had to pee.

“Mikey,” Frank hissed from across the lab table, “What are you doing?” He asked as Mikey squirmed yet again.

Mikey looked up at the teacher quickly before whispering, “I’m about to pee my fucking pants!”

Frank snorted, ducking his head down to laugh. The teacher shot him a dirty look before continuing her lecture. Mikey glared at Frank, Frank rolled his eyes before scribbling something down on a piece of paper and tossing it to Mikey. Mikey shook his head and picked it up.

WATER AND LEMONADE! DRIP DRIP DRIP!

Mikey tensed, glancing up at their teacher to make sure the coast was clear before crumpling the piece of paper in his hand and hurling it at Frank’s head. Frank snorted loudly before picking up the paper and throwing it back.

“Mr. Iero!” Their chemistry teacher Mrs. Kolon shrieked. Frank and Mikey cringed, turning their attention back to their graying, hawk like chemistry teacher.

“Yes, Mrs. Kolon?” Frank asked respectfully.

“What did Mr. Way do to deserve quite the athletic hit?” She asked, her eyebrows arched highly and her forehead reduced to wrinkles caused by old age.

Mikey swallowed thickly, eyes darting between his teacher and Frank, his leg still jiggling to try and keep himself calm and not to pee his pants.

“I-uh-“ Frank looked at Mikey for help, Mikey shrugged helplessly.

Mrs. Kolon cleared her throat, “This is a classroom Mr. Iero, not a gymnasium. If you’d like to throw balls at something I recommend the baseball team for you, I could talk to Coach Nelson if you’d like,” Mrs. Kolon said sarcastically.

Frank frantically shook his head no, several people in the room letting out low laughs. “Don’t do it again, Mr. Iero.”

Frank slid down in his seat, ignoring the laughter from other kids and shooting an angry glare across the table at Mikey before continuing to take notes. Mikey whimpered quietly, crossing his legs to try and relieve some of his bladders pain.

After fifteen more agonizing minutes Mikey couldn’t take it anymore, if he sat through one more minute of the lecture he might explode. Mikey shot out of his seat, his note pad flying off the lab table and landing loudly on the floor.

Mrs. Kolon turned around, her whiteboard marker in hand, once she saw Mikey her eyebrows raised- something that came with her teaching career.

From across the room Mikey heard someone giggle.

“May I help you Mr. Way?” Mrs. Kolon asked with her skeptical teacher tone.

“I really have to pee,” Mikey stated trying to keep himself from moving.

The second the words left his mouth the room erupted in laughter, Mikey’s face flushed red and he fought to stay still.

Mrs. Kolon rolled her eyes, “Two interruptions from you today, Mr. Way. One more and you’ll be serving detention after school. You may go.”

As Mikey heard his dismissal he nearly ran out of the room, his bladder now causing him pain. Once in the hallway he sprinted to the bathroom, not caring if he’d get a misdemeanor, just focusing on making it to a bathroom. He quickly turned the corner and pushed open the boys lavatory door. He walked in, taking in the sight of three guys standing right next to the urinals and made a deadline for the stalls. He didn’t want other people, especially school people, to see him with his pants down. Mikey barely heard them call him a ‘pussy’ before he let go a sigh of relief from making it to the bathroom. The guys outside his stall laughed for a moment before continuing their conversation.

“So, what are you saying bro? You knocked her up?” Mikey rolled his eyes, he could recognize that sex-determined voice anywhere. Ian Balitzkat was one of the three.

“Shut up man, you’re such an asshole, at least try to be sympathetic,” That one was Ryan Bachman. Mikey knew well enough that Bachman was the most polite of all of them. Mikey heard the sound of fist against skin, Ian let out a yelp of pain. Bachman was also the most violent.

“You don’t have to fucking hit me, jeesh!” Ian replied.

“Oh shut your fucking trap!” Everyone in the bathroom went silent, Mikey held his breath, he didn’t know that Devon was in the bathroom. Hell, Mikey didn’t even know how he managed to miss him when he walked in!

“Stop fucking around guys, I’m being serious. What the hell am I going to do?” Devon sounded desperate, Mikey started to get a terrible feeling that it had something to do with Charlie.

“Fuck, bro, we don’t know! Does it look like we’re experts or something?” Ian shouted back.

“Ian shut the hell up before I throw your damn balls down a urinal,” Bachman warned.

Mikey was completely silent, he hoped that maybe they forgot he was in the bathroom, that maybe they would leave soon and he could leave the bathroom without fear of becoming a target. He didn’t really want to listen to their conversation, but what was he supposed to do? And it was Devon. Charlie’s boyfriend. Mikey was Charlie’s best friend and he had a right to want to know if Devon was doing something wrong to Charlie.

“Guys I can’t have a kid! What about lacrosse? I’ll get kicked off the team! I’ll have to drop out of school to make money, then I’ll never get into ASU!” Devon shouted. Ian and Bachman were both quiet.

“Well first off, use a condom next time you horny bastard,” Bachman said, that made Ian and Dev laugh- but not Mikey. He was confused and worried out of his own mind. “And maybe you should marry her or something.” Bachman suggested. Ian snorted, Mikey new it was Ian because he was always snorting at stuff like a fricken pig. How Ian could get girls to like him when he was always snorting like that Mikey didn’t know, but what Mikey did know was that if he would a girl he would slap Ian every time he snorted.

“That’s the last thing you want to do,” Ian said, “just give her a hundred bucks and tell her to kill the thing before it even comes into the world. I mean I see babies like math homework, you don’t do it the first time and it just keeps growing and growing until you can’t do anything about it and then you fail and your parents get angry. So you just do it as soon as you can or you get grounded.”

There was a small pause, “Dude that was the gayest analogy I have ever heard,” Bachman said, laughter evident in his voice.

“Well it’s better than your advice! Marry her? Why the hell should he do that?” Ian retorted.

“Well maybe because he’s not an asshole like you-“

“Guys shut up!” Devon shouted, “Okay I’m not going to marry Charlie, but I can’t just get rid of this child or whatever!” Mikey’s heart sank; they were unfortunately talking about Charlie.

“Dude I doubt it’s a child, it probably looks like a sea monkey,” Ian said sarcastically.

“Yeah or maybe like one of those shrimp things,” Bachman said.

“Oh yeah, like those small ones with the big black eyes that are way to big for their antenna’s?” Ian questioned.

“Jesus!” Devon shouted. Mikey rolled his eyes at their stupidity. “Can’t you take this seriously?”

“No,” Ian replied. Mikey heard the most definite slap, “Ow what the hell?!”

“You asked for that one,” Bachman said. Mikey heard Devon let out an exasperated sigh. Ian and Bachman were quiet again, their conversation stopping as the three friends sat in silence for quite a while.

“We should get back to class,” Bachman said quietly.

“Yeah,” Ian agreed, “Good luck, Dev.”

Mikey let out a slow sigh as he heard the bathroom door open and click closed. He flushed the toilet and opened the stall door walking over to the sinks and turning the faucet on.

“I know you like, Charlie, so don’t even try to deny it,” Mikey jumped and whirled around, sending a spray of water across the tiled floor.

“God, Devon, scare the shit out of me,” Mikey said once he caught sight of Devon leaning against the opposite wall. His muscles slowly beginning to loose their tense state, but worry worming its way down Mikey’s spine.

“Who the hell do you think you are?” Devon questioned, Mikey’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion, “Charlie is my girlfriend, not yours. You don’t stand a chance with her, so stop trying.”

“Devon, I wasn’t-“

“Shut up until I say you can talk,” Dev shouted. He pushed off the wall and took two strong strides across the bathroom leaving very little space between Mikey and himself.

“You stay the hell away from Charlie, got it? I’m not fucking around with you Mikey, I know you like her, but she doesn’t and won’t ever like you. So get that in your brain and stay away,” Devon said in his face pushing warningly on Mikey’s shoulders.

Mikey bit the inside of his cheek, he wanted to pound the shit out of Devon. He wanted to run Devon over with a car and pray to god that he either dies or is so messed up his own mother won’t be able to recognize him. All this time Mikey thought Devon was a good guy for Charlie, but in as little as two minutes his whole image changed.

“Are we clear?” Devon asked, Mikey nodded slowly, “Good,” Dev said taking a step back. Devon paused a moment, before shoving Mikey back hard against the sink. Mikey fell backwards against it, gripping the edge to keep himself standing as he tried to force air back down his throat.

“Later,” He heard Devon say as he walked away and out of the bathroom. As Mikey slowly stood straight again, he cursed his bladders tendency to ruin his day.




Rate and Review.


Hey guys! At my high school, my geometry teacher started a movement called Passion 5K. It is a community run that supports the health and growing knowledge of children's disease and natural born illness. The Passion for Life Run benefits U of M C. S. Mott Children’s Hospital and it's Inspirational Families. The Passion for Life is a non-profit organization and was founded in 2008. The decision to support U of M C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital arose in 2008 when a Walled Lake educator and coach recently had given birth to a daughter with heart complications. Sydnie Guttovz and her family were the first Inspirational Family for our event. Every year, there will be one family in our community chosen as our Inspirational Family and the profits from our event will go towards current and past Inspirational Families and medical research at U of M Mott C.S. Mott Children's Hospital.

The girl that Passion 5K is sponsoring this year's name is Genika (cute right?). Genika is five years old and in July 2008, Genika was diagnosed with a rare neurological disease called Hereditary Sensory Autonomic Neuropathy. In an effort to learn more about HSAN, Genika and her parents traveled to the NYU Dysautonomia Center in New York City in April of 2009. While there, the medical staff confirmed that Genika not only suffers from HSAN but she also has another rare condition called Behcet's Syndrome. Currently there are no treatments or cures for these conditions that cause: an inability for Genika to feel if she is having an allergic reaction, extreme temperature fluctuations, insensitivity to pain, ulcers throughout the body, and reduced ability to cry or sweat. Because of the combination of these diseases, it makes Genika one of only six people in the WORLD to suffer from this.

Please help Genika and her family and donate to her cause. I met Genika personally this morning and I won't lie, when she left I cried harder than I ever had in my entire life. Genika is the sweetest five year old on the planet- let alone the cutest. So please, please donate to her because she does not deserve to have these diseases- she deserves a cure.

http://www.passion5k.com/index.cfm

With much love,
~mo~
Sign up to rate and review this story