Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We're not okay, we promise.

Chapter 5

by XxSarahxX 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-03-27 - Updated: 2010-03-27 - 890 words

0Unrated
Sat on his bed with his hands in his lap, Gerard watched Helena rooting through his wardrobe and drawers. He hadn’t allowed anyone but himself to do that in a long time. Every so often she would throw a pair of pants or a shirt onto his bed, and then go back to searching. It didn’t take her long to finish looking through – when she was done there was a small pile of clothes on his bed.

“So, what now?” He inquired.
“Now, we find the outfits that work”
“How?”
“Putting them together and trying them on”
“Okay, I guess”

The first outfit he had to try on was a pair of purple skinny jeans and a black Iron Maiden tee shirt. He had to go to the bathroom to get changed – much as he liked her, he didn’t want to strip in front of Helena just yet.

“Nice jeans, they make your butt look good... But not the right outfit yet. Here, try this”

She threw a white shirt at him, and black skinnies with a skull and crossbones on the pocket this time. Again, he tried them on.
“You need to undo the top three buttons” Gerard flushed red at his lack of fashion sense.
“Better?” He asked, like a nervous school child wanting teacher’s approval.
“Yeah, you look good in shirts, but not white.”
“I think I have a black one in that drawer” He ventured, pointing to a drawer to her left. She was sat on the bed, looking at him, and his imagination flashed a million images at him of what they coulod do right now. He didn’t do any of them.
“Try it” She said, passing it to him – as he reached out to take the shirt, their fingers brushed – she had long, thin fingers, and her touch made his spine tingle.

He did, tucking the short sleeved, black cotton shirt into his jeans and keeping the top three buttons undone. Helena giggled when she saw him.

“Come here” She said, grabbing his arm and pulling him towards her. Gerard winced.
“What’s wrong?”
“Oh, it’s nothing. Don’t-“ But it was already too late. She had begun examining his arms, looking for the cause of his pain. It didn’t take her long to find it. His arms were covered in rows and rows of thin red cuts, up and down, all over, obvious against his ivory skin.

“Oh, Gerard...” Her breath caught in her throat a pained expression haunting her pretty features.
“It’s nothing” He mumbled weakly. She had no idea what to say. Instead, she slipped her arms around his waist and held him close, her head on his shoulder, her hair falling down his back. She closed her eyes, holding him tight as he relaxed slightly against her. They stayed like that for a while, and when she pulled away, his shoulder was damp, her eyes red.

“Let’s not talk about it, please?” He pleaded, begging with his eyes.
“Okay” She agreed almost silently.
“So, what about this shirt?” Desperate for a distraction.
“You have it tucked in” She smiled softly, but the sadness didn’t leave her eyes, moving her hands to his waist again, untucking the shirt so it hung over the top of the jeans.

“Better. Do you have ties?”
“I didn’t think it would be that kind of party”
“Trust me here? Now, do you have ties?”
“Yeah, top drawer”

She looked through the drawer, and pulled out a thin red satin tie, then tied it very loosely around his neck, so the knot was on his chest, near the first fastened button, but slightly to the side.

“That looks awesome” He said, looking in the mirror.
“I know”
“Thanks”
“I’m not done yet”
“How come?”


She pulled out something which resembled a pair of fingerless gloves, only longer. They were black, with red anarchy signs on.

“Put these on”
“What are they?”
“Arm warmers”

He put them on, pulling them gently over his cuts. They came up to his elbow, and matched the outfit perfectly.

“Now, I am done”
“Thankyou, Helena”
“No problem. Just do one thing for me”
“Yeah?” He was nervous now.
“When you take those arm warmers off, think about me, and remember that nothing is ever bad enough to cut yourself over. Nothing.”

Gee stared at the floor, feeling ashamed. When he brought his eyes back up Helena had moved closer, her hand hovering in front of his chest. Her beautiful green eyes were welling up, shining in the amber evening night which streaked in through the window. She touched her fingertips to his chest, and leaned forward, touching her fingertips to his chest and placing her lips delicately on his cheek. He blinked, and she pulled away, smiling sadly – a single, solitary tear running down her cheek. Automatically, Gerard wiped it away with his thumb, fingers lingering on her jawbone.

They didn’t kiss. Just looked into each other’s eyes. She whispered something about having to go home, and nearly fled the room, leaving him standing alone. Only after he heard the front door bang did Gerard allow himself to collapse on his bed, curl his injured arms around his knees, and cry his heart out onto his pillow.
Sign up to rate and review this story