Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > It's Time

A lifetime ago

by danikarules14 0 reviews

Jake starts remembering his past and realizes how he knows Cienna

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-04-09 - Updated: 2010-04-10 - 1832 words - Complete

0Unrated
Jake's POV

After a LOT of explaining Cienna learned about her heritage and her role as Canada's first dragon, not exactly the Canadian dragon yet but maybe, with the right training. Fu had one of his connections search for the nearest dragon trainer and clues to where she came from, she couldn't remember. All she remembered was Harlmen kidnapping her a few weeks ago and telling her that she was a dragon, meaning she would never be able to see her family again without killing them. She told us about how he explained that new dragons couldn't be around humans (like vampires and fleactic trolls) without killing them (which is not true). I couldn't begin to understand how scared she really was, she can't remember anything past a few days ago, she's lucky she still has her identity. Gramps assured her that once she had undergone some magical therapy she would recover everything in a few short meant she would have to go to the council and find a new master before she could even think about going back home, that would be a whole new level of torture.

Gramps asked her about her training and it turns out she couldn't fly or breathe fire yet. She had had her powers for a few weeks now and had a birthday just pass on the 9th though she couldn't remember her age. It was getting dark and my stomach started hurting.

"Gramps, shouldn't we go and get something to eat?" I asked hurriedly, I turned to Fu who I haven't heard speak all day (an odd extreme for him).

"You hungry Fu?" I asked, he replied with a happy, fake sounding bark. I realized that he was keeping quiet until he was sure that Cienna wouldn't freakout.

"You know you can drop the act..." I said turning back to Fu, "...I doubt you'll be able to keep your mouth shut for much longer." Trixie tried to hold in a chuckle and Gramps smiled. Fu looked nervously at Cienna who looked confusingly at me.

"Well. In that case, I want Canadian for supper. Know any good places?" He said jokingly to Cienna, jaw dropped she looked at him as if to make sure that the dogs lips were actually synchronized with his words.

"Oh...my God! Thats messed up!" She walked over to Fu and kneeled in front of him, "Talk, again." she urged. Gramps and I exchanged a smile as she watched Fu walk around on his back legs and ask her if she knew any good places around to eat. She stood up and told us of a place not too far from Younge and Dundas (what ever that was)

"It's not far from where they air Breakfast Television." she blindly informed us, forgetting that we weren't exactly from around here.

*****

I was running down a dark alley at top speed, running from something? No, somewhere. I turned the corner and I saw someone run up beside me, I turned to see who was flanking me but it was too dark to see. The sky was a bright, lime green colour and the ground was drenched in blood. I ran into a building and saw my father (but not Jonathan Long) standing over a young woman, she was bloody and still, she was dead. Overcome by grief, I dropped to the floor and started sobbing. My father approached me put his hand on my head and said,

"This is what happens when you turn on your family... your master." and started laughing maliciously as I continued to sob, I know that laugh from somewhere. Suddenly my world turned red as I looked up at my father,

"YOU'LL NEVER GET AWAY WITH THIS!" I screamed, he turned to me and smiled evilly,

"Yet, I have. And I always will son, never forget that." I lept at him and started beating him brutally but not hard enough. He soon empowered me and threw me against the far wall.

I looked over to see a small boy standing by the stairs thumb in mouth, I panicked and urged him to run and hide. The boy stared at me lovingly yet petrefied and before I knew it he dropped dead, blood spewing from his eyes and mouth. I screamed and tried to run but something had me, my father started to strangle me and then somehow threw me out the window. I fell into darkness head first, if someone doesn't wake me up I'll die for sure (if you hit the ground in your dream you die apparently). I looked up to see Claws floating a few feet away, I wasn't falling anymore and soon found myself in the jello place again.

"What do you want?! Please, leave me alone!" I pleaded, crying now, "Why would you show me this? What could I possibly benefit from it?!" She looked at me solidly, I watched her painfully until she spoke, her voice was warm and comforting,

"History has repeated once again, this time stick with what you know. If you trust in your partner you will finally succeed, if not, you will fall to the same hand that once raised you. I believe that this is your time to suceed, It is time." she lectured me

"I don't get it!" I complained exsasperated.

"Don't let her go. You'll need this time to regroup and relearn all that you know, You both have the skills you need to bring them down. It is time for you to realize your destiny, your prophecy, and to bring peace to your world. This time, you will prevail."

Before I could say anything else I found myself at the same house, I walked in to find that nothing had happened. The woman was holding a baby and the small boy was playing on the stairs, the room shifted and I could see everything in a different light. The woman was Cienna, she was holding a baby oracle. The young boy was actually a nymph, the house was cluttered with scared magical creatures who were obviously hiding from something. There was a knock at the door and all magical creatures ran and hid. Cienna opened the door to find my father rushing in hurriedly.

"Jacob is out fighting whoever's doing this. They must be stopped!! They're killing the entire magical community!!" she handed him the baby, he turned to her,

"Where do you think you're going?" he asked her quizzically. She turned to him, "I'm sorry master but i'm going to help my partner! He'll die without me and I can't stand by and watch as he and hundreds of innocent lives get slaughtered!" she turned to leave, just as she was about to open the door a flash blinded me and I heard her bloody screams followed by the screams of all the other occupants of the house. As I regained focus I saw the scene I had entered before, she was on the ground, dead like the others. I heard a gasp at the door and turned to see myself standing at the threashold in utter shock (a/n In case of confusion, Jake is watching a dream Jake thats actually a part of whats going on.). I was wearing old fashioned clothing (they all were), I watched as dream Jake, or Jacob, stared at the floor in complete shock. Composing himself he looked up at his... my... our father with a fierce look of hatred in his eyes.

"I know it was you! You started it all, you killed all those innocent creatures and all those humans!! Why?!" he accused

"Why? WHY?! I'm sick and tired of looking after those disgusting creatures, and those humans disgust me! I'm not their protector, THEY ARE MY PEOPLE!! I will no longer waste my time protecting them for the council! If I can't be in charge, No one can be!" and with that they fought. Jacob was obviously not as powerful as his father, Jacob quickly made note and quickly dragoned up, he looked exactly like Jake does now only bigger and a bit stronger. The older man morphed also, when Jake could get a good look at the older dragon he couldn't believe his eyes! In front of him, fighting Jacob, was the Dark Dragon himself!

HE'S MY FATHER?!

I lost my mind and started screaming again in pure agony. My human screams where mixed with my dragon cries as I tried desperately to wake myself up. Suddenly, I woke up. I was pinned down by Cienna and Gramps while Trixie and Spud watched with Fu from a safe distance, I knew it was over but I couldn't stop screaming or shaking. My arms were covered in scales and my claws were sharp and extended, Cienna and Gramps were trying to calm me down by telling me it was alright, that I was OK... I wasn't. I sat up and ended up clutching to Cienna, instead of pushing me away she wrapped her arms around me and started rocking, trying to soothe me.

"I'm so sorry! I tried but it was too late. I couldn't stop him, he was too strong! I'm so sorry!!" I cried hysterically, I made no sense. I was begging for her forgiveness for something that happened in a dream! I knew though that it wasn't just a dream... it was a memory.

"Shhhhh, Jake. It's OK. It's alright, it's all over now. You're OK." she soothed still rocking. I soon found myself sleepy again but was too scared to go to sleep. I felt everyones gaze on me, desperately clutching to a stranger (only I knew she wasn't... did she?), Grampa only looked at me sadly but not judgingly, Spud gave me one of our bottles of water and Trixie tried to comfort me as well as trying to get the entire story from me. I just sat there, rocking back and forth in what was once my partners arms. She looked exactly the same as she did in my dream only she had longer hair and slightly more mature features. I soon fell into a dangerous but shallow sleep. The only thing I saw was Claws' beautiful face looking at me knowingly with an encouraging smile.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there you have it! This pretty much is the opening to the answer we've all been asking (minus some details). We also opened up the path to Jake and Cienna's relationship. Mild spoiler alert but Cienna knows about Jake already and there are some other factors that lead to their quickly strong and comfortable relationship. (This is also an under-answer to why Jake can't stop looking at her)I know its weird seeing (in this case reading) Jake cry but I thought it would add emphasis to the fact that he just learned that the Dark Dragon was his father...who killed him. I would cry too to be honest. Please RxR! I will try and update ASAP!!
Sign up to rate and review this story