Categories > Anime/Manga > One Piece

Take It Like A Pirate

by Beck 3 reviews

The crew helps Luffy in a difficult situation.

Category: One Piece - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Published: 2006-04-22 - Updated: 2006-04-22 - 960 words - Complete

5Funny
Title: Take It Like A Pirate
Author: Beck
Characters used/mentioned: Zoro, Chopper, and a slight hint of Nami/Luffy
Warnings: None. No spoilers either, takes place whenever, wherever. Oh and ummm...my first time ever writing for the series so be gentle!
Notes: I want to see if you, the reader, can guess what's going on before you get to the end. :p (no cheating either!)
Disclaimer: Me no own. One Piece belongs to the great Eiichirô Oda.



"Oi! Stop fidgeting." The female navigator huffed, while giving her hopeless captain a well deserved scowl.

"Awww...I can't help it Nami. What if...what if it hurts?"

Chopper placed his medical bag next to where Luffy sat, patting the young dark haired pirate's hand in reassurance.

"Don't worry Luffy, that's what I'm here for. If you'd like, I could knock you out."

"No, that's quite alright Chopper. Luffy has to take this like a man."

The Straw Hat Captain sulked at Nami's rejection of the idea, while the cabin that surrounded him grew louder with the voices of his crew as they tried to come up with a plan on making it work. The cranky swordsman who appeared in the doorway did little to settle the commotion, even as he growled threats for them all to be quiet so that he could take a well earned nap. His demeanor changed, however, upon finding out the reason for such ado, forgetting all about an afternoon snooze. He gave his hearty laugh, leaning back against the doorframe, arms folded across his chest.

"Oh man, I gotta see this."

Luffy frowned in Zoro's direction, the smug look on the veteran swordsman's face had not made him feel any better. "That's easy for you to say. You've had it done so often I bet you don't even flinch!"

Nami shook her head, the vein in her head throbbing with growing frustration not only with Luffy's pouting, but also with the volume of the melded voices of her fellow pirates.

"Will you all...just be...quiet!" Silence entombed the room as if on cue, the red-haired girl's controlled sigh now being the only sound in the room. Placing her hands on her hips, she cleared her throat, finally gaining back the rubber man's undivided attention.

"Now, listen up. You can close your eyes if you'd like. That way you can't see what I'm doing or when I'm going to do it."

Twisting his mouth in thought, Luffy glanced at the blue-nosed reindeer for opinion. Upon receiving an agreeing nod from Chopper the pirate captain was completely confident on trusting his nakama.

"Okay Nami." He quipped as he sat straight up, puffing out his chest as he closed his eyes. Figuring that Luffy was holding his breath, the female navigator shrugged her shoulders, knowing there wasn't much else that could be done with him. She picked up the tool in her steady hands, and began to guide it to its designated target.

Then, as if he could feel Nami's approach, Luffy began to cringe away and cry out.

"Ohhh...Ow! Ow! Ow! That hurts!"

Until able to maintain her composure, Nami screamed her pent up stress. "ARGH!!! I HAVEN'T EVEN TOUCHED YOU YET!!"

Slowly, opening his eyes, Luffy saw the petite girl cradling her head in her hand; guilt washed over him.

"S, s, sorry Nami, it's just that I never had this happen before."

Shaking her head and taking deep breaths, so as not to strangle the poor guy to death, Nami tried to make her point, praying he would understand where she was coming from.

"Seriously, for someone who's been stabbed, poisoned, shot at...do I need to say more?"

With more guilt, Luffy's chin sank into his chest, his eyes cast downward as if studying the wood of the floorboards. A slight movement beside him, however, brought him out of his thoughts. Dark eyes now fixed on his navigator, he saw her holding out her hand to him.

"If you want something to comfort you, just hold on tight to it. I promise you Luffy, this isn't going to hurt."

Snatching the hat from her fingers, he clutched it tightly to his chest, his mood and his expression, now determined and smiling.

"YOSH! Let's do this!"

As he closed his eyes tightly, Nami handed the instrument to Chopper, motioning for him to go ahead with the procedure. Making sure the timing was perfect, Nami leaned forward and placed a chaste kiss on Luffy's cheek just as the furriest doctor in all the sea completed the task at hand.

A mere second later, Luffy's eyes shot wide open and his mouth gapped, for once, he was completely and utterly speechless. Nami thinned her lips to suppress her giggle and reaching over, she placed one fingertip under his chin, pressing his mouth shut.

"There, all done. That didn't hurt now, did it?"

"W...w...w...wha...wha...?"

"Geez, if that's all it takes to shut you up, Nami should do that more often." Zoro stated as he handed the mirror over to the short-haired girl so she could show the captain the outcome of their effort.

"See, that looks good on you. You're on your way to looking like a real pirate."

Slowly coming out of his stupor, Luffy admired the gold stud in his ear. He laughed once he gave the mirror back. "That didn't hurt one bit. I don't know why you guys were making such a fuss for."

Once again, it took all of Nami's control not to throw the sometimes clueless captain overboard, though she calmed quickly and smiled, thinking of a much better comeback.

"If you feel that way, I think the next time you should get a tattoo."


END!
Sign up to rate and review this story