Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Summer Song

Chapter 10

by fobprincess179 1 review

Pete's back and he finally realized what he was missing. Written by Sam. read and review?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2010-04-18 - Updated: 2010-04-18 - 720 words

0Unrated
Impatience is not a virtue. Especially when impatience lands you outside a train station. On a bench. In the dead of night. His train wasn't pulling in until eight a.m, but if I went home I would go crazy. Out of my mind.
"Patrick?"
"Patrick? You here man?"
My stomach lurched; it was Joe and Andy. I'd been gone all day, of course Joe was coming to search for me. He was the unsuspecting boyfriend. I carefully put my hood up and slumped into a sleeping position, peeping out at the two boys.
"It's okay Joe, he's probably just having a bad day,"
"I'm supposed to help him with that. He's just too obsessed with that prick," Joe replied, choking up.
I cringed.
"You don't mean that, c'mon, lighten up. He'll be home soon, Joe," Andy reassured.
I faintly saw Andy reaching up on his flip flops to kiss Joe on the forehead. I furrowed my brow, when Joe wrapped his arms around Andy's tiny waist. I shook the thoughts out of my head and closed my eyes. It was pitch black now, and I knew I was on the verge of collapsing from exhaustion, so, I let my mind wander and fell asleep.

"You waited all night?" I could hear the smile in his voice before I saw it. I stirred awake, and then, there he stood. "PETE!" I threw myself into his tiny frame, holding him and never wanting to let go.
"I love you, I love you so much," I said, muffled into his hoodie.
"I know."

He took my hand and broke into a run. Down the little lane I remembered all too well, frolicking down the steps, until we stopped, plunged into the sand, and laughed. We lay there until we got our breath back, lying parallel to one another. The dark clouds could have been imperceptible: Pete's smile fabricated enough sunshine to light this town. "So," I started. "Hi,"
Pete laughed, "hi, sweetheart. I missed you."
"I love you," I told him again.
"I know."

We lay there, on a rough, gritty, caramel blanket, listening to the waves crashing as night rolled in. For endless hours, Pete whispered to me, lines of beauty I apparently inspired. "In -" he took a breath, "between my sheets -" he slipped his hand under my shirt, "in between the rights and the wrongs."
I quivered, tangling my hand in the back of Pete's hair. And in that moment, I swear we were infinite.
Pete's hand continued moving up my back, his lips tracing my collarbone. I braced myself; for the moment I'd been waiting for for years, for too long.
But then, he stood up. He motioned me to do the same. We stood facing eachother, static, and I took him in. I examined every detail. Above chips of dark chocolate irises were half-closed black eyelids. He discarded his hoodie, and hints of familiar tattoos peeked out around his partially bared chest and tanned arms.
He turned his back to me, then peeked around to glance at me, then peeled off his shirt.

And then, he ran. Into a cascade of salty water, splashing and tantalizing. I didn't waste a second, and ran in after him. I trembled in the icy sea, but dragged myself along nonetheless. Pete was soaked from head to toe, and he had a bemused, happy expression on his face. "What do you want from me?" I questioned. Not in a harsh way, but in a pleading way. "Kisses," he replied, "on the necks of best friends." A smile curled the edge of his lips up.
"Well then," I choked out with a laugh, "why not put me out of my misery now?" I took a few dreadful steps forward and waited. "Patience, Mr Stump, is a virtue," he smiled.
He didn't take me by the heart, but by the hand, and placed it on the left side of his chest.
"You," was all he said.
Then he kissed me.
He tasted like Starbucks and salty waves, and I tried to close my eyes but they couldn't refrain themselves from rolling back with ecstasy.
An invisible sun set at the seeming edge of the sea and a hint of pink appeared in the grey sky.

"I love you," he said.
"I know."
Sign up to rate and review this story