Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Black Pawn

Death with Desire

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Hotaru works on Tsuzuki with getting him with Anna when they have a little distrubance.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Tsuzuki - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2010-04-24 - Updated: 2010-04-25 - 1034 words - Complete

0Unrated


Chapter Eleven: Death with Desire:

They came further into the city. She turned to him grinning. “Baby, do you know why I’m happy today?” she asked. He shook his head. She smiled and giggled.

“I found her!” she announced, “I have found the Kimoto girl!” She grabbed him be the hands. “This is great! For years, that girl was always in my grasp, but she always got away! Not this time!” She threw back her short, deep silver-brown ponytails in the wind. The grin deepened on her face like a maniac.

“She won’t get away this time! I’ve got her and that dimwit Shinigami! Fuck yeah! This is the best day ever!” she shouted. A sweat drop formed on his head as he said nothing. She squeezed his hands tightly.

“Come on, let’s go!” she yelled. She dragged him deeper into the city.

On the other side of Tokyo, Hotaru waited at the bakery. She looked at the clock again. Ten a.m. already, Tsuzuki should be here right now. The loli demon bit her lip. She and Emiko spent all of yesterday studying their targets. They learned that the Shinigami always came to this bakery, Kayoko’s, every day at ten. Emiko did step one of her part. Now, Hotaru had to do her first step. She looked out into the crowd again.

Finally, she spotted Tsuzuki coming towards her. Hotaru’s eyes lit up.

Yes!/, she thought, /He’s here! The loli demon straightened herself up. Tsuzuki made it over to her. The demon grinned sweetly and stepped out in front of him.

“Tsuzuki-san!” she chirped, “So nice to see you again!” The Shinigami raised an eyebrow at her.

“Hotaru? What are you here and where is Emiko?” he asked.

“Working and I came to see you, silly!” the loli demon told him as she patted him on the arm. The Shinigami looked confused.

“Why?” he asked in suspicion. Hotaru smiled at him like a sweet little angel.

“Let’s take a walk, shall we?” she offered.

“But, I want to get my cake…” the Shinigami whimpered.

“Get it and come on!” she pushed him. Her enthusiasm made him worry. He had come to learn that Hotaru and her girlfriend were always plotting something; they were demons after all. The Shinigami still didn’t really trust them.

“What are you waiting for?” Hotaru pushed, grinning, “Get your cake and come on!”

“Okay, okay,” Tsuzuki said with a sweat drop on his head, “I’m going!” Hotaru watched him do so. Tsuzuki felt like Tatsumi was angry and stressed with after going over the budget on pies and cakes while on a case. It took a minute to get the cake that he wanted. Hotaru waited patiently the whole time with a smile plastered to her face. The Shinigami trembled when he saw Hotaru again. The loli demon clapped her hands together when her target came back out.

“Good! Let’s go!” she cheered with a little jump.

“Fine, if we have to,” Tsuzuki sighed in defeat.

“Yay, let’s go!” Hotaru cheered. She grabbed Tsuzuki by the arm and dragged him down the street.

“Slow down!” her target cried. Hotaru didn’t listen as she dragged him further away from his favorite bakery. When they crossed the street and turned the corner near Renkoji Temple, the Shinigami couldn’t hold back anymore.

“What is this all about?” he demanded as he tried to pull away from her grasp. Hotaru smirked to herself as she came to a complete stop.

“What are your feelings for Anna?” she asked out right. Tsuzuki looked at her with a blank look on his face.

“What?” he asked in a small voice. Hotaru turned around with her focus locked only on him.

“Why are you keeping her alive ready?” she asked, “I mean, why go through the trouble? Anna must mean so much for you to risk nearly getting fired; it can’t be money or a promotion.” She pointed a finger at him, “So I narrowed it down to revenge or love. I already rule out revenge because you have no personal ties to the Eda-Kimoto. With that in mind, I figured it’s got to be love; am I right?” Tsuzuki stood there silent; it didn’t reach him until now. Why was he risking his job each day for this case? Did he love Anna and didn’t realize it until now? How could he even begin to answer that one? Tsuzuki looked away and pressed his lips together.

“Am I right?” she asked again.

“Uh… well…” Tsuzuki mumbled.

“Hey! I’m up here, not anywhere else,” the loli demon spoke up, “Look at me and answer! It’s not that hard; am I right or wrong? Come on, let’s go!” Tsuzuki bit his lower lip. This pushy little thing wanted an answer right now. If only there could be…

Suddenly, Tsuzuki jerked his head to look across the street when something caught his attention. Hotaru stamped her foot and puffed up her cheeks.

“Hey! Focus on me!” she snapped.

“Hotaru,” Tsuzuki spoke up. The demon’s demeanor changed when she noticed his tone.

“Hm?” she asked, tilting her head.

“How long have those two have been staring at us?” he whispered in her ear.

“Huh?” Hotaru asked looked across the street. Two kids about eighteen years old stood on the sidewalk staring at them. The girl stared intently while the boy next to her looked neutral. Tsuzuki and Hotaru built up into attack mode in their minds.

“They’re not human,” the demon whispered.

“I know,” Tsuzuki said back.

“So what shall we do?” Hotaru asked. Tsuzuki took a quick second.

“Follow them,” he offered in a low voice. Hotaru gave him a funny look.

“What?” she asked him.

“You got anything better?” the Shinigami whispered. Hotaru thought about this and nodded.

“Good point,” she whispered. The pair crossed the busy street to the other pair. She looked up and smiled.

“Here they come!” she said as if she was going to leap out of her shoes. She stepped forward as Tsuzuki and Hotaru raced over to them.
Sign up to rate and review this story