Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > It's Time

Our Truth

by danikarules14 0 reviews

Pretty much... The end :D

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-04-25 - Updated: 2010-04-25 - 1814 words - Complete

0Unrated
AllyMcFally: We did it kika! That wasn't soo hard, now stop crying and get to work!! I have tons of ideas for ____quels!!! Mwahahaha!!! Last Chapter y'all, reviews ARE appreciated... infact we encourage them!

Jake's POV

I walked into the hall to my friends and grandfather's eager faces,

"She'll do it" I confirmed flatly, Trixie and Spud went back into the room to chat with Danika some more and Gramps went to search out the person in charge of the magical potions and distributing them. I sat in an ugly, overstuffed chair near the vending machine and sighed deeply, covering my face with my hands. What did I just do?

"You OK, Jake?... You did the right thing getting her to try the potion." he put a consoling paw on my knee, I looked into the Sharpay's obsidian eyes. I pretty much just encouraged her to risk everything she gained over the past month for a family she might not even have!

"What if she doesn't remember anything about her family? Or if she forgets everyth-... What if... she forgets me?" I asked nervously

"Jake, there's a very small chance of her forgetting everything. We have to think about what's good for her, what if she has a great family who're dying over her missing? She had a life, Jake, Let her have a chance to at least know there's someone who loved her before all this happened." he persuaded.

"I loved her before all this happened." I replied bluntly, Fu stared up at me. Grampa came back with an older woman who carried a bottle of electric blue liquid. I got up and followed them into the room, Trixie had regained her spot at the foot of the bed and was playing crazy eights with a confused Spud and equally confused Danika, Trixie owned at crazy eights.

"Oh, hun! You're gonna want to change into a gown, this stuff might stain your clothing." The nurse said apologetically, in return she got a are you serious? look from Danika and a snicker from Spud.

"She's gonna put that junk on your head!" he giggled, Trixie tried to hold back a snicker and Gramps was amused at their reactions. I didn't think it was funny though, neither did Danika who looked like she was about to cry.

"You could always put one over your regular clothing if you'd like that better." The nurse suggested, Danika got up with some difficulty and grabbed a hospital gown from the closet.

"I'll change, Patty." She stalled. When she got out, she sat back on the hospital bed and Patty went over the procedure.

"I'm gonna pour this over your head, you are not to wipe it off. You'll feel some tingling, maybe burning, and I'll let you know when you can take it off."

Danika nodded and winced as the nurse poured the slimy substance over her head, after a few minutes she started to shake. Patty shook her shoulder gently,

"You're gonna have to keep this on your head for a couple of minutes, try to stay calm." she wasn't answering her, the nurse turned towards Gramps who sat looking anxiously,

"The shaking isn't serious. They usually get visions of memories when the potion's still on their head." she explained

"Will she remember everything after you take it off? Or is it over time?" I asked

"We generally don't want them to have lapses outside of our care in case it sets off a serious emotional response so this potion retreives all information at once." Danika went limp and fell back onto the raised mattress. I watched her as Patty peeled the hardened liquid from her head and placed it in the trash. She walked back to her and started to gently rouse her.

"Danika, wake up hun." She started to regain conciousness, I watched eagerly as she sat back up.

"How you feeling?" She asked, Danika scanned the faces in the room confusingly. My heart dropped as she looked at me, her eyes blank and unknowing. She doesn't remember?!Anything?! Patty grabbed my arm and urged me to sit down in the orange, ugly chair next to the bed. I felt defeated, this was suppose to work! I searched her eyes, looking for a sign that she knew me. Remember me! I silently urged. Her eyes lit up with recognition as if she just snapped awake.

"Soo..?" Fu inquired. She placed a hand on her head and sighed, she shook her head no. Nothing. Her eyes welled up with hurt,

"It's OK" I whispered as I leaned in and gave her a hug,

"Why am I always alone? Why don't I ever get to have a family?" she sobbed into my shirt, she was always found alone or her parents died before she knew them in all our previous lives. I always had a family that took care of me... I took that for granted.

"You're not alone." I soothed, "You still have me. Now we have Gramps and Fu, Trixie and Spud, and the magical community. You'll never be alone again!"

"Besides, just because this potion didn't work it doesn't mean you can't regain your memory. There are other potions and methods that we can try." Fu perked up

There were, but I wasn't sure I wanted to risk anything like this again. There's a reason she doesn't remember anything, if she was meant to know then the potion would have worked. I sat there holding her until she calmed down and fell asleep.

Gramps'POV

"So she doesn't have any relatives or connections to her history other than Harlmen?" Councilor Omina clarified.

"No, she is completely blinded to the past 14 years" I explained,

"Surely someone is looking for her. A 14 year old dragon doesn't just fall from the sky, or go missing without someone knowing." Councilor Kulde reasoned

"Certainly not. Until we find the child proper guardians what do you suggest, Lao Shi?" Councilor Andam asked

"Well, my daughter has taken her into her home at the moment-"

"The American Dragon's household?" Councilor Kulkulkan interrupted

"Yes, she's been living there since we found her." I confirmed

"Well, we could board her here until we find proper caretakers in Canada. Unless you want otherwise." Councilor Andam suggested

"I was thinking that the child stay with the American Dragon and I for a more permanent setting. We could combine the magical communities from both borders and they can perform American and Canadian duties as a paired." I tried,

"Lao Shi, are you suggesting becoming her legal guardian?" Councilor Omina interrogated

"Yes, well my daughter. I am already the Canadian Dragon's master so-"

"Yes, but adopting a child is a serious commitment and a huge responsibility, especially one that you've only known for less than a month! Might I remind you of the dangers of having two young dragons in your care along with Ms. Haley." Kulkulkan was being very difficult. He was scared of the workload of teaching two dragons would bring me, but they were already taught most of what they need to know, I'm just reminding them and improving their technique. They were also afraid of magical leaching on Haley but Jake and Danika were too stable to steal Haley's magical energy.

"No, I'm well aware. I know it will be more work but Jake is learning quickly and so is his partner, they won't be much of an issue. Also, you can't legally separate paired dragons without being accused of negligence if either one of them gets seriously injured or killed, so it would be difficult to find guardians who are willing to put up with the circumstances of being in Canada with a child paired with another miles over the boarder." I debated.

"Well... I guess the child stays with you Lao Shi. I would prefer if she stay here for testing until you can figure out suitable living arrangements." Councilor Kulke concluded

"Certainly, thank you." I walked out of the great hall pleased with my progress.

Danika's POV

when I woke up, Jake was sleeping in the orange armchair with his feet propped up on the bed. He looked peaceful when he slept, I guess we all do when we are in a world where reality is just a word and danger is being chased by gummy worm wielding cabbage patch kids.

"You know, there is a bed right over there if you're tired." I teased, he just raised an eyebrow and without opening his eyes said;

"There is, but who'll save you from the mutant pelicans?"

"I can handle a couple of birds" I joked,

"apparently not or the giant pig wouldn't have had to save your sorry tail." he retorted, I smacked his foot. He pulled out his cell phone and checked the time.

"Wanna go for a walk?" he asked fully awake now.

"Sure, just let me get changed." I got up and took my bag to the small, sanitized bathroom and got myself ready.

We were walking around the centre of the island, talking to other dragons and watching some sparring between students.

"I want to show you something." Jake said and led me down a small pebbled path, at the end was a large, marble statue. I examined the familiar shape and realized that I had one just like it, I grabbed the necklace I found in my hand the night I first entered the Long's household. It's Grace and I. The woman was carrying a little girl who had its hand outstretched in front of her, in her hand was an orb of light (obviously magical) and a tiny bird in the other.

"To protect the innocent through honour and loyalty is our divinity and our truth." Jake read from the inscription at the bottom of the statue.

"Deep." I noted

"Its true though." he said looking at me. We stood in silence

"What will happen now?" I asked after a few minutes. Jake shook his head,

"I don't know. We find the right potion to help you remember, beat up bad guys, grow up." he sounded peaceful but slightly uneasy, I nodded. Lick our wounds, regained what we lost, start over.

"Can we just take a break for awhile?" I asked in mock exhaustion, he smiled at me and sighed jokingly. He walked up to me and pulled me into a soft kiss,

"Are you kidding? Our work is never done." he grinned, I rolled my eyes

"Well... At least we're good at it."


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Danikarules14: Ta-daaaa! Our first of hopefully many fanfics :D Thanks goes to Ally for your 'support and encouragement' :/, Hope you enjoyed and we'll see you all very soon!

P.s, I hate you Ally ;) you're a crappy Beta Reader but know wayy too much about the show so I guess I'll keep you around XD!! Good work ya nerd! :D
Sign up to rate and review this story