Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Black Pawn

Jules

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Seita meets Jules for the very first time. A nice shirt filler for everyone. Because fillers are good, yes?

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2010-05-14 - Updated: 2010-05-15 - 1102 words - Complete

0Unrated


Chapter Seventeen: Jules:

December 2nd, 2006.

She stood on the corner of the street waiting. The poor child stood there shivering and the skimpy summer school uniform wasn’t helping either. Her “daddy” said that she had to wear this for work. It was her first night on the job. There is a story behind this.

She ran away from her foster home eight months ago. This was her tenth one in eight years. Her parents never let her do as she pleased. Her abusive drunkard mother gave her Hell on earth. Since then, things have been easy; too easy. She felt smothered and had to get out. The girl ended up running away as a result.

Because of that, she started to break the law. First, she began with theft. The girl started out small; just shoplifting and petty theft. Soon that wasn’t enough; she needed the money. She lived on the streets and the world needs money to run. She couldn’t get a proper job; too young to do so. Crime became her only option. That landed her in trouble with the men with the shiny badges. After sixteen arrests, it was time for a career change. However, what could a thirteen-year-old do?

On December first, she crossed paths with Ueda Sosuke. She happened to be looking for a place to stay for the night when she bumped into the dirty old man leaving the bank.

“Oh,” she cried bowing, “I’m so sorry!” Ueda raised an eyebrow at her.

“You know Japanese manners and language so well, but yet you are foreign,” he said perplexed.

“Thank you sir,” the girl said putting on an innocent charm to woo him over to take her home with him. Ueda gently took her by the cheeks and studied the girl for a moment. One look into his eyes took her that she would be a useful asset to his business.

“You’re hungry, aren’t you?” he asked.

“Yes!” she said quickly, “And I need a place to stay tonight!” Ueda-san grinned at her as he came up with the right hook.

“Well then, come with me,” he said.”

June 13th, 2009.

Seita sat in his summer class trying not to fall asleep. Anna enrolled him into the local cram school so that he could catch up with his peers. The boy snorted to himself on that thought. He didn’t even know why he hadn’t left Kimoto Manor yet. Maybe it was the food, who could say? Six days from now, it would’ve been a month since he came to live at the manor. Funny thing, he used to be unhappy there, but now…

“Tojo-kun!” a voice snapped. The boy came back to earth and saw the professor glaring at him. Seita blinked.

“Yes?” he asked in a rushed voice. The professor stamped his foot impatiently.

“I’m sorry, but am I boring you?” he asked through clinched teeth. Silence fell in the classroom. Seita looked around as the rest of the class stared at him. The boy blinked again.

“Yeah…” he said without really thinking about the answer. His classmates laughed at his response. The professor didn’t think it was funny.

“Get out!” he snapped. A puzzled look came over Seita’s face.

“Why?” he asked. The professor’s face went bright red.

“Get out! Get out! Get out! JUST GET OUT!” he shouted as he slammed his fists down on the desk. Seita shrugged at him.

“Okay, okay. I’m going,” he said. The boy got up and walked out into the hall. Seita took a look around him. The hallway looked so empty; empty and muggy. Fine time for the teacher to put me out! Seita sighed as he leaned up against the wall.

“Got thrown out too?” a voice questioned him. The boy quickly glanced over to his left. A girl stood on the other side of the door. This skinny American girl looked about his age. She has her long black hair put back into a long braid. The girl was only dressed in a tight gold and black party dress with matching sandals. Seita looked her up and down.

“What’s it to you?” he challenged her. The girl played with her braid.

“Why else are you out here?” she asked so sweetly. Seita looked a bit sheepish.

“Good point…” he mumbled as he looked down at his feet. The girl smirked at him. Seita looked at her oddly. Who was this girl? Come to think of it, he had never seen her before in his life.

“Did you transfer here?” he asked. The girl raised an eyebrow at him.

“Huh?” she asked back. Seita shrugged and turned his body to face her.

“It’s just… I’ve never seen you here before. You new or something?” he explained. The girl looked away.

“Yeah…” she mumbled.

“I’m Tojo Seita,” the boy said with interest in his voice.

“Jules,” the American girl said back. Seita looked on at his new acquaintance still.

“Why are you out here?” he asked. Jules made a face at him.

“Why do you think?” she asked back. A sweat drop formed on Seita’s head.

“Oh right… not wearing the summer uniform,” he muttered. Jules rolled her eyes.

“That bitch! She’s just mad that she hadn’t gotten any in years! Me on the other hand? I could have any guy I want! I mean look at me. I’m just that hot,” she bragged angrily. Seita just looked her funny.

“Why are you dressed like a hooker anyway?” he asked. Jules shrugged and tossed back her one of her black braids.

“Old habit, I guess,” she replied. The boy raised an eyebrow at her.

“So… you’re saying you were a hooker?” he asked. Jules looked away in discomfort and sighed.

“Yeah, I used to be a prostitute three years ago. I quit days ago,” she answered him with her fists clenched at her side. Jules nervously bit her lip. Seita broke into laughter.

“That’s a good one! You a child hooker? That’s so rich!” he said aloud. However, her look on her face turned him serious. Seita went awkwardly quiet.

“Oh. I didn’t know…” he mumbled to himself. At last, the bell rang. Seita quickly looked up.

“Oh, time to go,” he pointed.

“Uh-huh,” Jules said with a nod.

“See you tomorrow?” Seita asked.

“Maybe!” the former working girl said with a wink. Jules walked away down the hall. Seita gave her a funny look as she disappeared out of view.
Sign up to rate and review this story