Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh!

Teardrops On My Guitar

by BeyondBirthday93 3 reviews

Songfic to Taylor Swift's "Teardrops On My Guitar." Yami's been ignoring his little hikari while he's dating Tea! Will the two of them get together? One-sided Puzzleshipping, Puppyshipping and Revo...

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Yami Yugi,Yugi Mutou,Tea Gardner,Joey Wheeler,Seto Kaiba,Mokuba Kaiba - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2010-05-18 - Updated: 2010-05-18 - 2258 words - Complete

3Moving
BB: Hello. Okay, I normally don't write fics for this (but I read them often...I'm such a puzzleshipper! SO BLAME ME), and this one is a fic I worked on a while back. I DO NOT OWN ANY RIGHTS TO THESE CHARACTERS OR TO THIS SONG! DO NOT SUE ME! THIS IS FANFICTION, people. If I OWNED this stuff, do you think I'd really be writing these things? I'd be FAR too busy making it so the two of them got it ON! ....well....um....guess that's it. Enjoy!


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Yugi's POV

It's been like this for a while.

Oh, I put on a happy face when he goes out with her, watching him worry about what he's going to wear, or where they're going to go...never letting him see that I'm DYING on the inside...never letting him see that I'm the one he should be with...

Drew looks at me, I fake a smile so he won't see
That I want and I'm needing everything that we should be
I'll bet she's beautiful, that girl he talks about
And she's got everything that I have to live without


The doorbell rings, and he walks towards the door, his black boots clicking against the floor. She's standing on the other side of the door, her short brown hair is tied up with a red ribbon, her cerulean eyes are shining. She's wearing the shortest mini-dress in existance (proving what a fucking WHORE she is, though he won't believe it), and she's smiling at him, smiling because she has him.

Drew talks to me, I laugh cause it's just so damn funny
That I can't even see anyone when he's with me
He says he's so in love, he's finally got it right,
I wonder if he knows he's all I think about at night


"Yugi, I'll be back later!" he calls out to me before he goes out the door, leading her to his red sports car. I don't call anything back, not that I'm expected to. He doesn't know that every time he goes out with her, it's slowly killing me inside. I'd never tell him that, though; I don't want him to think I'm mad at him for dating her, even though I am. I want him to be happy...even if it means making me miserable. I just sit on the couch, waiting for him to come back. If I can manage to stay awake, I get to talk to him about his night, though it makes me cry on the inside. If I can't stay awake, he just covers me with the blanket covering the back of the couch and goes to his own room. I've had to listen to him telling me that he's totally in love with her...that he's got everything right. And he's the only one I can think of at night...the only one I could ever hope to love...

NORMAL POV

He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star
He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do


"Yug', are ya alright?"

Amethyst eyes snapped open and look up to concerned honey orbs. The smaller of the two put on his fake smile and said, "I'm fine, Joey! I'm just kind of tired...I didn't get that much sleep last night.

Joey frowned. Lately, Yugi hardly ever got any sleep, and he knew why. It was because he kept waiting up for Yami to come home from his dates with Tea, and when Yami finally came home, he always smelled of sex and Tea's new expensive perfume. That was killing Yugi on the inside, Joey just knew it.

"Hey, Yug'...you know, if you eva wanna talk 'bout somethin', you can come ta me. I'll always be here for ya." Joey said, letting his Brooklyn accent show through more than normal, voice filled with worry for his friend. Yugi nodded up at Joey, his smile slowly dropping from his face.

"I know, Joey. And I'm grateful, believe me. But you have Seto to worry about...you have so much going on right now. I'll be okay." Yugi put that fake smile back in place, not noticing Joey's frown.

"YUGI!"

Both boys looked up just in time to see their 'friend' Tea coming over to them. She was wearing a super-short blue mini-skirt, a too-tight and way too revealing bright red tank top, white knee-high socks, and six-inch stilletto heels. They had to stop themselves from throwing up as she ran towards them, her boobs jiggling and catching the attention of every fucking pervert on the street. When she finally made it over to them, she made a big show of panting and trying to catch her breath, when all she was really doing was giving guys another look at her tits.

"Yugi, I wanted to tell you about what happened last night. Yami was so sweet to me! He took me to the best restaraunt in town, and--" Tea blathered on about her night with Yami, knowing that with every word, she was tearing Yugi apart inside. She was just about to go into the...intimate details, when Joey held up a hand and said, "Sheesh, Tea, we dun need a blow-by-blow description. Now, if ya don't mind, Yug' and me are going ta th' arcade. Ya betta get going." Joey then grabbed Yugi by the wrist and dragged him to the nearest arcade, leaving Tea to stand there, gaping like a fish.

Drew walks by me, can he tell that I can't breathe?
And there he goes, so perfectly,
The kind of flawless I wish I could be
She'd better hold him tight, give him all her love
Look in those beautiful eyes and know she's lucky cause


Yugi sighed softly as he won the game he was playing, his mind traveling back to his little 'talk' with Tea. She and Yami seemed so happy together...so Yugi knew he couldn't ruin it for them. He would just have to keep up his happy face, and hope it was for the best.

"Yugi."

The amethyst-eyed boy started at the sound of that voice, that sexy baritone voice he knew better than any other. He turned around and his violet eyes were met with vivid crimson. He smiled up at his darker half, or at least tried to, and it fooled him. Yami smiled at Yugi, causing Yugi's mind to momentarily go haywire.

"I just wanted you to know I'll be out late with Tea tonight, so don't wait dinner, okay? I'll talk to you later."

Yami walked right past Yugi after telling him that little bit of information, heading back out to where Tea was. Yugi felt his heart break one last time, and he knew he couldn't take much more of this.

He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star
He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do


Yugi played a few more games with Joey, even eating over at the Kaiba Mansion. Ever since Seto and Joey had started dating, the brunette wasn't quite as cold as before, and he'd started treating Yugi as another little brother. He hated what Tea and Yami were doing to the little teen, even if the idiot former-pharaoh didn't even notice it. Yugi seemed to get sadder every day...it broke Seto's heart to see it. Yugi should be carefree and happy, like he always used to be, instead of sad and hoping Yami would one day come to his senses and dump the fucking whore.

"Pup, we need to talk." Seto said, coming into the living room where Joey, Mokuba and Yugi were playing video games. Joey paused the game and stood up, smiling down at the younger males. "Why dun you two finish up da game? Sumthin tells me I'll be a while." Joey joked, smiling.

Yugi and Mokuba nodded, starting to play once again, their eyes focused mainly on the screen. Joey followed Seto out into the hallway, then into their room, his face taking on a look of concern. "What is it ya wanted ta talk about, Kaiba?"

Cold blue eyes melted as they looked into amber orbs, and Seto sighed. "It's Yugi, pup. I'm worried about what this is doing to him emotionally. It's not good for him to keep hoping and wishing that Yami will one day just fall in love with him. As we've both seen...he's quite comfortable with that slut of his. I'm worried about Yugi..."

Joey nodded at his boyfriend; he knew exactly what Seto was talking about. Ever since the Cerimonial Duel, when Yami decided to stay on in their time instead of going to the afterlife, the blonde thought it was because he was in love with his hikari, like Bakura and Marik were. Those hopes were dashed, however, when three months after the Duel, Yami and Tea announced they were dating. It looked like Yugi had died that day...tears came to Joey's eyes from just thinking about it.

Seto wiped a tear away, then gathered Joey into a tight embrace.

"Kaiba, what can we do? I mean, I'd do anythin' to make Yug' happy again, but I dun know how! If I could, I'd get Yami to see da truth..." Joey trailed off as an idea formed in his head. Kaiba listened as his lover told him his thoughts, nodding vigorously when he was finished. "That might just work, puppy. Now...we just have to make sure he catches her."

So I drive home alone, as I turn out the light
I'll put his picture down and maybe
Get some sleep tonight


Yugi had gone home that night in Seto's limosuine (he was worried that Yugi would get hurt if he walked back to the Game Shop), and he had went right up to the door, expecting to find it locked, as usual. However, when he reached for the door knob, it turned easily in his palm, opening with just the slightest bit of pressure.

'That's weird...Grandpa would always lock the shop up....maybe Yami's home?' Yugi thought to himself before crossing the doorway, entering the house part of the shop. He didn't call out, instead he started to walk up to his room, stopping only when he put his shoes in the cubby.

'It's not like Yami to keep the door unlocked, though. He'd normally make sure the door was completely locked.' Yugi couldn't stop thinking about the unlocked door as he walked to his room. In fact, it was only until he got three feet away from his door that he heard the moaning. Yugi's face paled as he heard Tea's voice moan "Yami, oh, YAMI!" over and over, and he quickly ran to the bathroom. He locked the door and threw up in the toilet, heaving out everything that he'd eaten at Seto's. When he lifted his head again, he was shaking and crying, his sobs drowned out by sounds of pleasure from the room down the hall.

"Oh TEA!" Yami groaned out, and Yugi cried harder. He wanted to be the one underneath Yami, the one whose name Yami was screaming. He felt so sad, he felt totally heartbroken. He cried more as he heard the sounds of completion from both of the two lovers, kept crying as he heard them whispering to one another. Yugi couldn't handle it anymore, so he ran as silently as he could down the stairs and into the night, where Seto's limo still waited. Yugi sobbed out the order to go back to the Kaiba mansion, and the driver instantly obeyed, knowing that his employer would want for him to bring this poor boy to the house.

He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only one who's got enough of me to break my heart
He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do
He's the time taken up, but there's never enough
And he's all that I need to fall into..


Yugi cried when they finally got to the mansion once more, he sobbed in both Seto's and Joey's arms. The two elder boys tried to comfort him, tried to make him see that things would get better. Yugi couldn't believe it, his heart was totally broken, and nothing could ever put it back together. He cried himself to sleep that night, pain etched in every single sob. Joey and Seto went to confront Yami and Tea, but all that got them was a sight of Tea's naked body (EW! -covers the innocent virgin eyes-) and yelling from Yami. The two of them never got to tell Yami how Yugi had felt...and he was never told. Not when he announced his engagement to Tea, not when he and Tea got married, not even after the divorce when Yami found Tea cheating on him with some guy from a bar. Yami had realized over the years that he loved his little one, that he would only love Yugi...but he was also too late. Yugi had gotten married three months before Yami's divorce, and he was now happy. But, Yugi still thought about Yami late at night...and wondered what could have been.

Drew looks at me, I fake a smile so he won't see
Sign up to rate and review this story