Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > I constantly thank god for Ian

Ghost in bunny slippers?

by BATD 2 reviews

I don't believe in ghosts!

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2010-05-21 - Updated: 2010-05-21 - 877 words

4Funny
Ian and I were hugging tightly and scared silly as the footsteps got closer. Then I saw the silhouette of a man and as he got closer I saw his dark messy hair and unshaved face. He was in his pj's and he was wearing bunny slippers?!
"I can't believe we were scared of that!" I said relieved, letting go of Ian.
"I wasn't scared, I was just..."
"Begging your mommy to save you?" I finished for him with that spark in my eye.
"2 a.m already? I'm off to bed" he said and walked away. "Pretty slippers", he added as he went past our guest.
"Night Ian" I hollered after him.
"Night Nell" I heard from far far away. I hated that nick, but he'd called me that sins we were little and he couldn't pronounce my name right. I guess it just stuck around.

The guest, who obviously was friends with that annoying guy (I recognized him from before), came up to the reception.
"Something wrong with the pillows I sent up?" Couldn't he just come down himself that...?
"Um... Oh the pillows, no not that I know..." he said with a yawn.
"Then what can I help you with, a glass of warm milk maybe?" I tried my hardest to look and sound friendly.
"Huh?" He was stretching his arms now.
"To help you sleep. You look really tired"
"Their snoring is really loud..."
"Earplugs then?" I really wanted to get rid of this guy so I could take my nap!
"Err... Actually, I was hoping for some company maybe...? You said the reception is open all night for our satisfaction..."
"You are aware that I'm working right?" I didn't want to sound rude and as soon as I realized he was already talking.
"A lot of work you've got there too" he said through a grin. "I'm Jon by the way, and you're Nell? Wasn't that what the bellboy called you?" I frowned at that awful nickname again.
"Noelle actually" I made a gesture against my nametag "but I really hate that name so you can call me Emi" for the first time, I gave Jon a genuine smile. I didn’t even feel as tired anymore.
“Is there anything a guy can do here at night?”
“There is this ghost hunting thing… But they never see anything. And besides, I think it’s for kids” I almost admitted that I was too scared to go.
“I don’t believe in ghosts!” He laughed. I kind of liked this Jon guy more and more.
“Why are you guys here? I mean you don’t seem like the kind of person who comes here on a vacation…”
“Our van broke down close by and there is no other place to go if you hadn’t noticed. A mechanic is on his way, but it could take days before we’re on the road again. We even had to push the van all the way here!”
“Huh…! My dad’s good with cars, and sins I’m an only child he taught me a little… Maybe I can take a look?” I had no idea why I said that, I knew absolutely nothing about cars. We said to meet tomorrow afternoon, before my shift and after I got some sleep. He gave me his number and said to call when I was ready. He stayed until my shift ended at 6 a.m. We talked about life, and he assured me that the slippers weren’t his, but they were soft and fluffy so he liked to wear them when no one saw. I promised to keep his secret, but I wasn’t sure that Ian would. He told me about his friends too. That he loved them like brothers even though he hadn’t known them that long. I learned their names. Now I had three names and three faces but I didn’t know which belonged to which. Brendon was the one he knew the best. Then there was Spencer and Ryan. I wondered which was the annoying one, but I didn’t ask because I didn’t know how to.

I went in to the kitchen after work hoping to get some food before bed. Sophie, the chef was already there preparing the breakfast buffet.
“Hey, wait there and let me fix you something to eat” She was really nice and I didn’t even have to wait long. She gave me a fruit salad with cottage cheese. Oh and strawberries!
“Thank you so much!” I said and went to my room.

On my way I almost bumped in to someone and almost drop my food all over them. Luckily I didn’t. I said I was sorry anyway, just to be on the safe side.
“You better be! Watch out were you go!” He said in a cranky voice. It was that guy. He looked at my face and when he saw it was me he was suddenly in a hurry. He mumbled something before he left but it was hard to understand.

When I got to my room I ate my food, showered, put on my pyjamas and got to sleep thinking tomorrow I’m gonna draw something in the sun.
Sign up to rate and review this story