Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows

Chapter Four

by Virginia_Madison 6 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2010-05-30 - Updated: 2010-05-30 - 1086 words

1Exciting
Everything seemed to fade away around me. I didn’t feel as though I was at a wedding anymore. I felt like I was in my own personal hell. Every single inch of happiness I had, had disappeared from my body in an instant. This whole situation could not be real.

Why is this happening to me? And what the hell am I going to say to the boy kneeling in front of me? And why did the man I truly desire walk away? Fuck. I need to give an answer and I am not even sure if it is the right one.

A simple ‘yes’ escaped from my lips.

I didn’t feel his arms as they wrapped around my body. My lips didn’t move as his touched mine. My arms dangled by my side as he continued to hug me. The crowd had erupted into a loud cheer, but I couldn’t hear a thing.

I was a lifeless doll standing in the middle of a crowded room. A room filled with people who were celebrating me; a person who didn’t want to be celebrated.

A constant flow of well wishes and congratulatory kisses wished over me, which I could only return with the fakest of smiles.

It wasn’t until two half filled champagne glasses appeared on a silver platter before me and a familiar voice trickled into my ear. ‘Compliments of the General Manager. Congratulations.’

As Chris and I took our glasses from Rob’s waiting hand, I looked up at Rob who gave me a discreet wink then gently jerked his head towards Chris.

I turned my body and attention towards Chris, only to find that directly behind him, leaning against a wall, holding an identical champagne flute was Gerard. As Chris raised his glass, I watched as Gerard mimicked his action. A voice in the crowd shouted out ‘To Virginia and Chris’.

Chris’ glass clinked with mine as he toasted to our future. Even though my flute touched Chris’, in my mind it touched Gerard’s and I toasted to our future together.

*

‘But I don’t want to.’

‘Go ahead, do it.’

‘There is no reason for me to.’

‘Oh come on! It will be fun.’

‘But I’m engaged now, there is no reason for me to catch the garter.’

‘Well I caught the bouquet, so if you catch the garter then it’s definitely meant to be.’ I said with a smile as I leaned in and gave him a kiss. Chris’ eyes lit up with enthusiasm as he got up from his seat.

‘Are you sure you don’t mind sitting here on you own?’

‘Actually, I’m going to go find the General Manager and thank him for the champagne.’

‘Ok, I will see you soon with the garter in my hand.’ He kissed the top of my head and made his way to the centre of the dance floor.

As soon as his back was turned, I jumped out of my chair and headed towards the exit. I entered the lobby and found Rob leaning up against the reception desk. As soon as he recognised me he told me to go straight to Gerard’s office.

I quickened my pace as I headed towards his office doors. My heart was racing a mile a minute as I stood outside, taking in deep breaths. I finally felt calm enough to knock.

The door opened within seconds and his warm hand found mine, pulling me into his office. As soon as I was inside he let go of my hand and opened his mouth to say something, but I cut him off.

‘I’m so sorry. I didn’t know what else to say. One minute I’m day dreaming about you the next I’ve got a diamond ring shoved onto my finger. And I blame Courtney for all this, if she told me earlier, I could of avoided this, but she helped plan it all, and I don’t know what else to do and this whole thing is a gigantic mess and and…’ He placed a solitary finger on my lips to silence me.

‘Shh Vee, it’s okay.’

‘No Gee, it’s not okay. I’m freaking engaged.’ I held up my left hand and he entwined his fingers into mine. I pulled my hand out of his and placed it behind my back, bowing my head in shame.

‘Vee you did the right thing. I would of done the same thing if I was in your position. I know it wasn’t fair on you, especially with everything that has happened today, but it would have been worse for him if you had said no.’

I lifted my head and looked into his eyes. ‘So, we are cool?’ He reached out to my waist and pulled me closer towards him. He wrapped his arms around me and whispered in my ear ‘Yes Vee, we are cool.’ He gently dragged his nose across my cheek till his lips found mine. His soft lips pressed down against them and I opened my mouth to let his tongue massage mine.

We kissed for what seemed like hours, but in reality it was only minutes. He pulled away and looked in my eyes. ‘You should go back to the party before he notices.’ I nodded my head in defeat and turned towards the door.

He placed a hand on my shoulder and I swung around to face him. ‘It’s okay Vee, we will get through this. I promise. Trust me.’ He held my left hand in his as he tugged at the new addition to my hand. He dragged it up and down my shaking finger. ’Just keep this ring on your finger for now and go along with it all. I love you Virginia. I am not going to let this small hurdle ruin our future together.’ I smiled at him as I turned the handle. I exited his office and gently closed the door behind me.

My mind was buzzing as I slowly walked back into the lobby. Gerard had just told me he loves me. My roller coaster day was beginning to turn around, nothing could make it any better.

As I walked towards the ballroom doors Chris came out with a look of disappointment across his face. ‘I didn’t catch it babe. I missed it by this much.’ He held his fingers a few centimetres a part.
Sign up to rate and review this story