Categories > Original > Drama

I Got UR Back

by Opheliac227 2 reviews

Shiloh, a 16 going on 17 year-old girl, wants only one thing for her birthday, Matt Smith, a 24 year-old man who works for her father.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2010-06-01 - Updated: 2010-06-02 - 2204 words

0Unrated
I Got UR Back.
~~~~~~~*~

William Shakespeare once wondered: "what's in a name?". Now, I feel the question should be more 'what's in a number?'. Isn't that all age is anyway? A number? A stupid, insignificant number. Oh, well, there's really nothing to be done about a number.

~~~~~*~

Laying in bed on a Monday is my favorite part about summers. Even with my eyes shut I know how the sheets are wrapped around my legs. I can feel the sun, already warm and high in the sky, on my face. My name is Shiloh Wallace, I am 16, and I am ready to take the world by storm. Well, maybe later, right now all I want to do is turn 17 and get the man of my dreams, Matt Smith.

I first met Matt when I was eleven when my dad brought him home for an interview. He was 18, looking for work to pay for college. I honestly didn't care, all I wanted to do was play video games and chase boys around the park. Little did I know that he was the boy that I really wanted to chase. When I was 13, Matt drove me to school everyday so that my dad could get into work earlier. I enjoyed those car rides because he would let me sit in the front seat and listen to the radio.

When I turned 15 my dad bought me a car, which I felt was unfair because I didn't know how to drive yet. My dad promised to teach me how to drive so I could get my license, however Matt was the one who ended up teaching me and taking me to get my license. For a while we carpooled, alternating cars, because we thought it would save gas, or save money, one of those two. Looking back to those times I realize how much I depended on Matt, and how much more I depend on him now.

Oh, I can remember this one time, during the summer last year, we took the city bus down to the Arena District, and "defiled public property" by drawing graffiti on a dilapidated building wall. We almost got arrested, but we got away by the skin of our teeth. Oh, yes, I remember, I remember how the sun hid his face behind the clouds, ashamed to have risen in the presence of Matt. I remember how the wind playfully tousled Matt's hair, how it danced with us in the streets. I remember the mischievous look in his eyes when he said, "Let's go on an adventure." Yes, I still remember, but I wonder, does he?

Well, if he remembers anything, I know he'll remember my birthday. For the past five years he's always gotten me the coolest gifts, and as part of his gift he tells my parents that he's taking me and my friends to a nice restaurant and then to a chick flick movie, but instead he takes us to Magic Mountain and we play laser tag. Based on who wins the laser tag game we decide what movie we do actually see; if Matt's team wins, we go see a horror movie (horror, not gore) and if my team wins, we go see a chick flick. The past couple years I've purposely lost the laser tag game just so that I can be "protected" by Matt during the "scary parts".

Part of me believes that Matt knows that I'm not scared and he just wants to be close to the way that I want to be close to him. Oh well, enough speculating, time to get up.

I opened my eyes and winced as I looked right out the window and into the afternoon sun. I blinked a few times, trying to get my vision back, and then searched my messy room for my alarm clock. "What time is it?" I asked the small kitten that had climbed it's way up my bedpost and over the mountainous sheets to sit on my chest, not even an inch from my face.

The little kitten mewed and pawed as if it was trying to answer my question.
"Oh well, I guess I'll just have to find my clock, now won't I?" I said as I picked the kitten up off of my chest. The tiny ball of fur mewed, and looked at me blankly.

"Which one are you, huh? Black spot on both the left and the right. You must be Ernie." Again, the kitten mewed, still a blank look on its multi-colored fur face. I placed the kitten on top of my bedside table and began my search for my alarm clock. I looked under clothes, and threw them all over my already messy room. Little Ernie mewed. I damn near tore the place up looking, Ernie mewed again, only louder and more urgently.

"WHAT?" I huffed in frustration. Little Ernie gave me a soft mew and I saw that behind him on my bedside table was my alarm clock.

I picked up the kitten and kissed him on the head. Then I commented, "10:30? It's only 10:30? And I spent like twenty minutes looking for this thing!" I looked from the clock in my right hand, and Little Ernie in my left, and sighed, "Ah well, Little Ernie, come on, I'll get us some breakfast."

Before heading down the steps I threw on a pair of sweatpants and an old gym shirt. After hearing him mew constantly I put a sock around Ernie who, in my mind, just wanted clothing because I put on clothing. I petted his sock covered head as I trotted down the steps. I called out for my mom, just to see if she'd left for work yet. I received no answer and assumed the house was empty. I started singing Blue Dress by Depeche Mode, and dancing through my living room with Little Ernie still covered in a sock.

"Hello." A voice knocked me out of my little world, scaring me half to death, enough so that I threw Little Ernie in the air, the sock falling off of him. Luckily I gained my wits back quickly, fast enough to catch Ernie as he fell.

"It's only me, Shea. Nothing to frightened of." I looked and sure enough Matt was in my kitchen, looking through my refrigerator.

"A) I wasn't frightened, I was just surprised, and B) shouldn't you be at work?" I asked him, not judgmentally, but still with enough criticism to shame him into telling me just why he was siphoning off the last of my fat free milk instead of being at work.

"You're dad asked me to come and check on you." He choked out after stuffing one of my poppy seed muffins in his mouth, and it was whole too!

"Okay, then why are you raiding our fridge? And stealing all the foods that are mine?" I put Little Ernie on the arm of the sofa in our living room and went over and picked up a wrapper to a Hershey's Special Dark chocolate bar.

"Sorry, you're dad said I could help my self to anything your guys' fridge. You know, if you didn't want people to eat your food you should write your name on them." He swallowed.

I turned the Hershey's wrapper over to show that in big red sharpie letters I had written my name. The milk jug also had my name written in bold letters on two sides.

However, I must say that it didn't surprise me that dad would tell him that, he probably knew that I'd still be asleep and that Matt probably hadn't eaten. (Plus it's nice to think that my dad didn't want Matt going into my room, though now, even I wouldn't want Matt to go into my room, and that's saying something!)

"So, what you're getting paid to baby sit me? I'm not a child; I can stay at home by myself." I said, suddenly on the offense. How could they? Both dad and Matt don't think that I'm capable of being home alone.

"I never said you were a child, and really, you're dad had some chauffeur take me from work to here. He gave me a note saying all this. See?" He handed me a piece of my dad's stationary stating that he was to make sure that I was okay at home, and that he was welcome to anything in the house except for the On-Demand Cable (unless I was awake). It was definitely my dad's secretary's hand writing.

"Thanks Matt." I handed the note back to him.

"No problem," He said, "I got your back." He hugged me, and I could smell the Old Spice cologne that he always wore. He smelled so good, I wanted to stay in his arms and just breathe him in. But, the hug only lasted for a couple of seconds to my displeasure.

"So, how long are you gonna be here?" I asked, feeling warm fur crawling over my right foot. I looked down and Little Ernie, back under his sock, was trying to claw at my leg. I picked him up and scratched him under his chin.

"Um, no one really specified, so I guess I'm yours the whole day." He smiled and walked over to me. My heart leapt into my throat and I could feel my ears getting hot. Mine the whole day? I wish you could me mine forever. But for now, today will do.

"Ooh, the whole day. How much trouble can I get you into in just one day?" I teased and put Little Ernie on the coffee table. I plopped myself down on the big brown leather sofa, and grabbed the TV remote. Matt was still just standing there, a strange expression on his face.

"Well, sit somewhere." Sit next to me, I thought. But, as soon as I wished for it, the opposite happened. He took a seat by window and leaned over the coffee table and picked Little Ernie up.

"Which one is he?" He asked, lifting the sock off of Ernie's head.

"Ernie, the baby." I clicked on the TV because I was tired of looking at that weird look on Matt's face. I couldn't read him at all.

We sat in silence for a while, I changed the channels every time some celebrity endorsed commercial came on, which seemed to be really frequent. I was amazed that by the fact that the American public depends on these celebrity figures for pretty much everything. Oh, I can't buy a car unless Alec Baldwin says it's awesome. I can't buy a frozen dinner without Elaine from Seinfeld telling me which one is the best for me. People make me sick, hell, I make me sick sometimes because I know that I buy into it all, if not consciously, subconsciously.

I heard an Aahh, Ernie! from Matt, and I looked over and saw that Ernie had peed on the couch next to Matt. I muted the TV and stood up, still not a word from either Matt nor myself. I grabbed a towel, and some disinfectant. Matt had stood up and Ernie was cowering on the floor. I put the towel and the disinfectant down and rubbed Ernie's nose in the mess he made to teach him not to do that anymore. Then I sprayed the disinfectant on the couch and put the towel down over it.

I turned around and nearly knocked Matt over.
"Sorry." We said in unison, and then I sat back down on the leather couch, but Matt stayed standing. He was looking at me funny, and I was about to ask him what was wrong when he sat down next to me. He wasn't that far away from me, but I could feel the body heat radiating from him. His expression didn't change as he scooted closer to me. His green eyes bore into mine, and I suddenly felt fear in the pit of my stomach, the fear was chasing the excitement, and the worry was nagging at the back of my mind.

"Maybe . . ." He whispered. He leaned in and kissed me, a soft, gentle kiss. It lasted for about ten seconds, and then he pulled away. He stood up, saying, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't. . . I'm sorry, I have to go." And then he left. He just left.

It took a minute for what had just happened to sink in, and when it had I cried. The silent blue light from the TV bounced into the dark room, and I couldn't stop the tears. The sun was shining, and the wind was still, and all I could do was cry in my dark little room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors Note: This is my first original story. Yes, there is a real person named Matt Smith, he is the actor playing the Eleventh Doctor on Doctor Who, and yes, Shiloh Wallace is a character from a musical/movie called Repo! The Genetic Opera, and no I do not own either of those. The story is PG-13 for now, may progress later, may not. Haven't completely finished writing it on paper yet, so we'll see how it goes. Please Rate and Review, thanks!
Sign up to rate and review this story