Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > And If I Never See You Again?

Eighteen

by thatcrazedfan 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2010-06-07 - Updated: 2010-06-07 - 662 words - Complete

0Unrated
Frank’s POV

“No one has been out here in a while...” Mikey whispered, so he wouldn’t wake up Alicia and Melody who had fallen asleep on the chair beside him.

My mom shrugged, “They could just be busily working and not have time to send anyone out.”

“Or, something bad happened...” Mikey shuddered.

I shook my head, “Gerard is stronger than that. He’ll pull through, just like last time.”

After I said that, everything went silent, like no one wanted to think about what was happening to Gerard... Or maybe, Mikey didn’t want us to wake up Alicia and Melody.

After an eternity of silence, a doctor walked toward us. He was smiling. That was a good thing. He stopped at the edge of the area, “Gerard is doing good. We just got him back to his room to let his rest. We are going to let him rest through the night. We’ll watch him, so you can all go home and get some rest.” He chuckled, “Some of you look extremely tired.”

I nodded and yawned, “That is definitely some of the best news I have heard.”

He nodded and walked away.

My mom stood and left silently, I knew that she was going to go straight home. Then Mikey woke Alicia and Melody and the left.

I was alone in the waiting room. I smiled, “Gerard did it...” I said to myself before standing and leaving.

---

I yawned and stretched my arms above my head. I rolled over and glanced at the clock. It wasn’t that late; only ten o’ clock.

I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and flipped it open, “One missed call?”

I quickly dialed my voicemail and as soon as I heard the message I jumped off the bed and ran to the closet. I grabbed the first shirt and pair of pants that I saw, not caring who’s they were. I pulled them on and threw my shoes on, not bothering to tie them.

With my phone in one hand, I walked to the living room and grabbed the car keys from the coffee table and I ran out the door.

It took me a few seconds to start the car and pull out of the driveway. As soon as I was driving, I dialed Mikey’s number. It went straight to voicemail. That only made me drive faster.

Before long, I was running into the hospital. I quickly found Mikey, Alicia and my mom. I didn’t even think of where Melody was. I was to focused on something more important.

I sat down in a chair next to Mikey and put my hand on his back, “What happened, Mikey?”

He looked up at me, his eyes were red from crying. That was a bad sign...

He shook his head, “There was complications in the middle of the night... I tried to call you...”

I nodded, “I know... I got the message...” I could feel tears of my own starting to fall as everything sunk in.

Mikey closed his eyes and put his head back in his hands, “He’s gone Frank...”

The tears were heavier now... I couldn’t believe it. Gerard was supposed to pull through... He was supposed to be strong; for me, for Mikey... for all of us.

We sat crying for a little while longer until I realized something, “Mikey...? What time was he pronounced... dead...?” I struggled to say the word.

He shook his head, “I don’t know... They called me saying they called you and you didn’t answer. That was at about midnight.”

“So, sometime Wednesday night?” I could feel more tears threatening to fall.

He nodded, “Probably. Why?”

“Wednesday was our original wedding day...”

He didn’t say anything. He just looked up at me and wrapped his arms around me. I collapsed into his arms and I rested my head on his chest, crying.
Sign up to rate and review this story