(#) AlaskanKing 2010-06-23I really enjoyed this story. Love Powerful Grey Harry. I am a big fan of the time travel and alternate dimension stories and found this very enjoyable.
Maybe for your next one, you have Harry end up in a dimension where Neville is the BWL, but incompetent. James and Lily are still alive (and not insane, because unlike the Longbottoms in canon. Sirius and Remus are there to help take down Bella and Co.) The higher powers realize that Neville doesn't have it in him to do the job alone and so send an adult Harry to merge with his 11 year old self.
It would be interesting to see Harry with brothers and sisters.
- Interesting story. Good clean writing from a technical perspective, and it has a nice flow. Maybe a little excessive narration, and perhaps that's what makes it difficult to develop the characters morefully. One of the interesting aspects of the story would have been how Harry grew from the tired embittered soul from the first time to a more balanced person. While the narration implies this, there really aren't any obvious breakpoints or conflicts that resulted in thie growth.
Again, though, a very enjoyable story. Thanks!
- Just read the epilogue now! Life's been busy. Although I sadly have too much time on my hands right now. :-(
A nice wrap-up of the story, with some anti head-in-the-clouds realism added to the mix - like the independents and business factions failing to form a political coalition. Nice one.
And your not making Hermione automatically super-duper smart, but allowing for Dumbledore and Riddle to be - gasp - smarter than her! Oh well, you still let her be the 'smartest girl of her age', I think. And her lacking corresponding magical power and so falling a little in the rankings was another dose of 'realism'.
It's ... sad ... to think of a Luna who 'drifted away' from her friends. You do suggest that she was still very close to Harry and Hermione, of course - 'always knowing' where they were, and having two children by Harry - but it does seem like she ended up somewhat alone. :-(
Ginny's fate - heh. :-)
You've done quite a few 'Harry goes back in time and trounces the opposition' stories over the past couple of years; they've comprised pretty much all of your last sheaf of stories. Have you ever thought of flipping things around, having Hermione come back? With her goal being to coach/train Harry to grow into his power? To grapple with the realities of the bad guys and having to kill/fight? Mind you, a future!Hermione supporting and helping her best friend wouldn't be too much different from canon!Hermione, at that, I guess.
It was good to see another story from you, thank you for the entertainment; for this one and, as always, for all of those others you've written over the years. Best wishes to you.
- I have two curiosities about this epilogue.
Just who is the father of Luna's green eyed daughters? If it's who I think it is, is Hermione aware of it?
Makes me wonder if the 'brainy birds are naughty' thing applied, Harry found out just how naughty two brainy birds like Luna and Hermione could be, and Luna's girls were an accidental result.
Author's responseYes, and I am sure Hermione would have 'supervised' the process
- Excellent story! The ending was a bit clunky and the Luna twist came out of nowhere. I have to say I really enjoyed the pacing of the story. I would have had Fluer try to mess with harry with her allure, but I realy liked Hermione's character - much better than the over-reaction protrayed by most authors.
- I like your story. It's different than other time/AD stories I’ve read. I like the Gray!Harry and although I'm not a fan of him being more behind the scenes person it's still good and I like how you made his trip happen. It’s soooo very different and I really like that. Good job.
Sign up to review this story.